Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Saban even want to play Clemson again?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Does Saban even want to play Clemson again?

Feb 2, 2019, 7:50 PM

Two years ago it was all about revenge, and validating their loss was a fluke, blah blah blah. Now he must be thinking..."I'm too #### old for this. It's just too much work at this point. And they've got a better program than us anyhow. We've been exposed as a factory that's too dependent on athletes and too shy on coaching. If I get shellacked by them again it's going to really ruin my mystique forever." I think he's probably pretty scared right now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt - he can’t let that happen again

Feb 2, 2019, 8:04 PM

If he lost to Clemson again by two touchdowns or more, his whole mystique is shattered. And as strong as his programs have been, and as much success as they have experienced, Saban does not strike me as a guy who is very open to change. Yet it appears that he may be forced to adapt “The Process” in order to establish some continuity. He MUST find a way to maintain a coaching staff. He MUST find a way to develop all that 5-star talent that has apparently been rusting on the bench while the starters suffer from “mental fatigue”. They must find a way to rise up and play some real competition (not just the overrated, one-dimensional SEC bama clones who have little hope of challenging them).
This towering ego is now faced with the necessity of either adapting or being passed by Clemson in the eyes of the entire football world. Can his ego take that? I’m not sure.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No doubt - he can’t let that happen again

Feb 2, 2019, 8:17 PM

I do think you are perhaps getting a bit carried away with this Saban's mystique will be shattered forever stuff. The guy won 5 national titles in 9 years. No one has ever done that. Hard for anyone to ever do it again. Even the best lose a few. The Yankees have lost more World Series than any other team, by far. 'Bama's bound to lose a few, since they get to the big show so often. But, I would not mind to see him say adios. Anyway, GooooooTigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: No doubt - he can’t let that happen again

Feb 2, 2019, 8:25 PM

Actually, the Dodgers have also lost many World Series. But my point remains the same. If a team gets to the big show often enough, they'll do a lot of winning and a bunch of losing. 'Bama also a case in point.

I disagree with you

Feb 2, 2019, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Re: No doubt - he can’t let that happen again ]

The whole bama/$EC thing is about absolute DOMINANCE. That’s why those SEC sycophants like McElroy Jetson and the fat boy with the white shirt and skinny tie were so dumbfounded on their “Thinking Out Loud” broadcast of the game. It was beyond their belief that bama could possibly get trucked like that.

If we can truck them like that again, it’s a quantum shift. It’s the fall of an empire. I REALLY hope we get them again. I want the Tigers to be the team that finishes it off for Saban and “The Process”.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not if he's smart.***

Feb 2, 2019, 8:18 PM

Re: Does Saban even want to play Clemson again?

Feb 2, 2019, 10:04 PM

No, no he doesn't. Surely he'll throw the SECCG so UGA gets there crack at us. He'll get to party in New Orleans New Years Day.

Re: Does Saban even want to play Clemson again?

Feb 2, 2019, 10:05 PM

No, no he doesn't. Surely he'll throw the SECCG so UGA gets there crack at us. He'll get to party in New Orleans New Years Day.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic