Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New enhancements to Death Valley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

New enhancements to Death Valley

Aug 6, 2019, 2:53 PM

"If you headed into Death Valley right now, they are doing a number of things to enhance the game day atmosphere. Of course, they have already added the 2019 College Football Logo to the façade of the south upper deck, as well as putting up the 2018 National Championship sign on the south upper deck as well in the West Endzone area.

However, that is not all that they are doing. If you notice the Tiger Paw on the west end on the outside of the stadium has been removed. It will be replaced with a video board. In fact, Clemson is putting in eight external video boards around the stadium that will be functional by the start of the 2019 season.

“We are actually putting video screens in four different areas. These will be informational,” Clemson athletic director Dan Radakovich said to TCI. “They will be sponsor oriented. They will be added on to the kind of game day experience that we want.

“There will be two video boards on the southeast side of the stadium … one on top of the other. The same thing on the area where the Tiger Paw was on the southwest side. There will be one there. And as you go into Gates 5 and 9 there are two big rectangles there, they will be filled in with video units there.

“There will be eight external video boards that will help with the entry procedure. It will help with game day atmosphere stuff. They will be able to run different things out there that will be able to help with the environment, pregame, postgame and during the week as well.”

Clemson is also adding kiosk as well, which will be located all over the campus. JMI, Clemson Athletics multimedia rights partner, will be putting up informational kiosk around campus.

“Certainly, there is an advertising component to that, but they are also there as a real live safety and security piece as well,” Radakovich said. “They will have information of the day as a student walks around campus.”

The kiosk will be a part of a shared campus network between Clemson Athletics and the University.
"

TCI

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New enhancements to Death Valley

Aug 6, 2019, 3:01 PM

So what you are telling us is they took down the huge Tiger Paw so they could put up advertisements.

Boo to that!

One person's idea of enhancements is another's idea of going backwards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems that way, maybe the video board will have a PAW.

Aug 6, 2019, 3:05 PM

I just want them to repaint the letters in the Top Deck. They look terribly outdated.

I would also like more stuff to be lit up at night. Specifically, the letters that read "Welcome to Death Valley".

Aug 6, 2019, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: New enhancements to Death Valley ]

MAYBE YOU SHOULD WAIT AND SEE WHAT EVERYTHING IS BEFORE YOU B!TCH AS HARD AS THAT IS I KNOW

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe you should take your own advice and wait until you see

Aug 6, 2019, 3:12 PM

it before complaining about me complaining.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe you should turn your caps lock off.***

Aug 6, 2019, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Re: New enhancements to Death Valley ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Aug 6, 2019, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: New enhancements to Death Valley ]

Wait a minute DRad I think there’s a rock over there you didn’t pick up to see if any pennies were underneath.

Aug 6, 2019, 4:24 PM

I'll reserve judgement, but the campus grounds are beginning to feel crowded. I'm not speaking of people, I'm speaking of "stuff". More stuff doesn't necessarily make a campus more beautiful.

Informational or informative?***

Aug 6, 2019, 5:54 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2019, 5:56 PM

Any photos of these updates??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They removed that classic Tiger Paw for

Aug 6, 2019, 5:57 PM

a ###### advertisement board? It better have a huge Tiger Paw on display at night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

So they are billboards, that really bites that DRAD is

Aug 6, 2019, 6:17 PM

Covering the stadium with billboards, that isn’t an enhancement, it’s a disgrace. If he wants to enhance the stadium replace the bleachers with real chairs.

I for one hated paw vision with all the constant adds and no replays.

Re: So they are billboards, that really bites that DRAD is

Aug 6, 2019, 6:37 PM

Seats with chairbacks and arm rests take up more space than bleachers. Adding those to UNC's stadium reduced their overall capacity by about 12,000 seats. They'd have to expand Death Valley to even consider doing something like that.

GO TIGERS

Re: So they are billboards, that really bites that DRAD is

Aug 6, 2019, 8:11 PM

Then expand...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo’s new contract says hello

Aug 6, 2019, 8:29 PM [ in reply to So they are billboards, that really bites that DRAD is ]

It’s funny how everyone ####### about Iptay dues going up, season tix going up, etc, but everyone seems to forget that winning at this level costs a #### ton of money. Like it or not. We have the 2nd highest recruiting expenditure in College Football. We have the highest paid coach and highest paid assistant. It costs money.

The alternative to the advertising boards is passing it on to the fans that ##### about rising ticket prices and Iptay. At least Drad is trying.

Re: Dabo’s new contract says hello

Aug 6, 2019, 10:55 PM

Memorial stadium shouldn't be a billboard

Aug 6, 2019, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Dabo’s new contract says hello ]

Memorial stadium shouldn't be a billboard

Aug 7, 2019, 5:40 AM [ in reply to Dabo’s new contract says hello ]

Don't think billboards should be on MEMORIAL stadium

Dabo deserves the money

Aug 7, 2019, 5:52 AM [ in reply to Dabo’s new contract says hello ]

as long as someone else pays for it and I am not inconvenienced

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2019, 9:30 PM

Any new men's bathrooms? Any enhancements to make ordering food and drinks quicker during games?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic