Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New York Mag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

New York Mag

Aug 14, 2019, 2:02 PM

You know you are king when New York Mag Rips you https://apple.news/A0_6684BcRNeJ2-m3wOz8ug

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New York Mag

Aug 14, 2019, 2:09 PM

I was unaware that New York City followed collegiate athletics .
You wouldn't have guessed it if you read any of the newspapers from the city.
However , they do have severe celebrity-crushes . Even bad pub is good pub . Ask Kirk Cameron .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

not shocking that lilberal rag

Aug 14, 2019, 2:20 PM

is grilling dabo for not giving a participation ring to a quitter

Aug 14, 2019, 2:13 PM

This is the guy who wrote it. He's a deadspin guy and lives in athens, ga....surprise surprise. That article is all over the place. The references to guys who still got rings after leaving their team all involved guys being traded. Makes no sense.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Leitch

Aug 14, 2019, 2:18 PM

Big difference between being traded and quitting on your team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!!

Aug 14, 2019, 2:19 PM

Gonna go ahead an have to agree

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

This right here is all you need to know...

Aug 14, 2019, 2:20 PM

"As another season of college football begins — the first game, between Miami and Florida, is just ten days away, and this resident of Athens, Georgia, has been hearing Bulldogs coach Kirby Smart screaming expletives at the teenagers under Smart’s supervision on his morning run for weeks now..."

The 'writer' lives in Athens. One of THE hotbeds for hating all things Clemson, right now. This clown actually made a negative comparison to John Calipari, the KY basketball coach who is well known for his cheating tactics and his look of big city mobster. Even his name elicits images of Guido the Whack Master.

Good luck trying to demonize our coach, stupid. He's a shining light in a world of hate and deception, and there's nothing a hack writer for ANY publication can do about it.

Talking about "purposefully ignorant" -

Aug 14, 2019, 2:32 PM

this guy shows his ignorance with a purpose in mind. Should have put a little more thought into how to make a real comparison.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s amazing. He is completely wrong on all of his points.

Aug 14, 2019, 2:43 PM

Literally everything he says about Dabo that he claims is bad is actually the best thing about college sports.

I’m just going to ask: is there a single example in college football of a player quitting the team before the halfway point and still getting any kind of ring from the postseason?

Also, does this guy know that Swinney literally offered to just not play KB if he wanted to preserve his redshirt? He could have helped the younger players, but choose to just stop showing up without an explanation, then go on National television to say the coaches had slapped him in the face.

This discussion is so sad. I’m angry at myself for clicking the link.

null

That was a really lazy piece

Aug 14, 2019, 2:50 PM

I understand that Dabo is not for everybody, but this piece is just a collection of links to other stories, many of which are either presented with no context or deliberately framed in a misleading fashion. I believe the author knows that most readers will not bother to read the linked articles for themselves therefore allowing him to bend them to suit his purposes while also adding a false authenticity to the piece.

Exhibit A:

He has fought against players receiving stipends in addition to their scholarships.

If you actually read the link, however, you will discover that Dabo never said anything of the sort. This is what Dabo is actually quoted as having said in that article:

"I think it’s a great thing for our players, a really good step in the right direction there, kind of modernizing the scholarship and bridging that gap,” Swinney said at last week’s ACC Kickoff. “But I think there’s some problems with it. I think once we get into those things it will become more evident and hopefully we’ll get to a different spot somewhere down the road.”

Dabo is in no way "fighting against players receiving stipends." He's merely suggesting that while the introduction of player stipends is a good step in the right direction, he doesn't completely agree with how they are actually being implemented.

I'm sure there are many more holes you could pick in that hatchet job of an article, but I'm not devoting any more of my time to it.

Aug 14, 2019, 2:59 PM

probably will be A guest on PF show in coming week.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New York Mag-pls ignore the hack mag and biased reporter

Aug 14, 2019, 3:50 PM

dont give this any attention

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

New York magazine is what is wrong with college football.

Aug 14, 2019, 5:21 PM

A liberal northern rag shouldn't even be allowed to report on our great game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2019, 5:47 PM

After reading the article, I can see why it's in the ny-er.

No Ring to KB - apples to oxcarts

Dabo - Is a Christian

Dabo - Even more unsavory, he dares to speak about his faith

Dabo - Is rich

Dabo - is rich, and by definition hates the poor ( unlike the ny rich)

Criminy, has anyone ever laughed at one of their comics?

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic