Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clelin Ferrell says Waffle House incident changed his perception of Gamecock fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

New Story: Clelin Ferrell says Waffle House incident changed his perception of Gamecock fans

Nov 20, 2017, 1:43 PM

Clelin Ferrell says Waffle House incident changed his perception of Gamecock fans

Growing up in the state of Virginia, Clelin Ferrell didn’t quite understand the animosity that exists between Clemson and the University of South Carolina. As a senior in high school, a trip to a Waffle House in Columbia changed his perception, and perhaps his school of choice. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Maybe, we can go down there and put that to bed"

Nov 20, 2017, 1:50 PM

It's gonna get ugly quick Fellow Tigers/. Anyone thinking that this crew is gonna let USuC stay in the game, needs medication.

put it to bed - with no supper!***

Nov 20, 2017, 2:45 PM

Re:

Nov 20, 2017, 3:31 PM [ in reply to "Maybe, we can go down there and put that to bed" ]

And that happened to him at one of their finer restaurants down there. Imagine what CF would have seen at a lesser eatery?.....

Re:

Nov 20, 2017, 11:40 PM

5 star dining in the coots back yard!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Keep your helmets on at all times, boys.***

Nov 20, 2017, 1:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Keep your helmets on at all times, boys.***

Nov 20, 2017, 4:24 PM

Any chance we can get the refs or somebody official to watch whether things are thrown at our staff and players when they are in the tunnel area and maybe get an unsportsmanlike penalty if they do? I think it is ridiculous and dangerous for them to be throwing things. Name calling and such is one thing but assault is a whole different matter.

I think it would put a stop to this issue at least for awhile. Imagine they start throwing things from the stands and the team gets penalized on the kickoff. They kick off from the 20 and maybe we get a quick 6 or very deep to start. Muschamp would go ballistic.

Yep. Never again will we pull our players early.

Nov 20, 2017, 1:58 PM

Full throttle men...destroy.

Virginia hasn't had a college FB rivalry since the 1990s.

Nov 20, 2017, 2:07 PM

Hokies have won 16 of the last 17 over UVA.

The last time the Hoos won in Blacksburg was before some of the current players were even born.

13. But your point is still solid.

Nov 20, 2017, 2:46 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia–Virginia_Tech_football_rivalry

Re: 13. But your point is still solid.

Nov 22, 2017, 1:21 AM

Why the hell is Virginia on our site . Take that V and stick it , this OUR RIVALRY WEEK.

I hope Clelin smashes Bentley***

Nov 20, 2017, 2:11 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

So Impressed With Interview

Nov 20, 2017, 2:37 PM

Our guys are just a cut above anybody else I've heard when it comes to interviews. They are a cut above everybody else on the field, too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Impressed With Interview

Nov 20, 2017, 11:51 PM

Yes, Clemson men are a cut above. Coots not even on the level with talent and depth Clemson has.

We are going to whoop that Az$ "Again" and "Again"***

Nov 20, 2017, 2:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clelin Ferrell says Waffle House incident changed his perception of Gamecock fans

Nov 20, 2017, 3:19 PM

Hey, this stuff has been going on since 1929 when I was born. Carolina fans are sore losers and always leave the stands when their team begins to drop behind (which is often). Grew up on College Street in Columbia, so I know what I'm talking about. Hoot, Class "52

Re: New Story: Clelin Ferrell says Waffle House incident changed his perception of Gamecock fans

Nov 20, 2017, 3:21 PM

A very insightful set of comments. Kind of an insider view.

It matches pretty well with my experience as a fan and how I like to welcome their fans at DV; nite and day difference.

An example: I mentioned to a tailgating friend the incident with Darius Rucker, a rigid Gamecock fan, last year at a autograph session when he threw a Tiger baseball cap back at a fan saying something like "I don't sign this s+*t." This fellow tailgater and Carolina grad got upset. Shows the level of animosity prevalent among many (not all fortunately).

Another example. My wife of less than a year went to a game down at WB stadium in 1975? and were booed, cussed, and spit at for cheering our Tigers. We've never been back.

It's a rivalry, yes, but it's still a game.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2017, 1:41 AM

I was also at that game and I remember I was sitting in the endzone and when the chickens scored a TD all their players were shooting the bird to all the Clemson students and fans. I remember I threw my cup at them ,...it pissed me off. Typical chicken fans and players , they are the most despicable fans I've been around. That was the last game I've been to at Willie Brice , but that was because I moved to Phoenix , AZ after I graduated .

True Story...

Nov 20, 2017, 3:40 PM

I went into a WH On White Horse road(near I-85) after work proudly sporting my Clemson Gear... And this chick(working behind the counter) said "you need to take that stuff off"..
I replied "You must be a Chicken"...she was like "yeah I'm a Gamecock.. We were bad this year(6-7 hahaha!!!) But wait until next year"
My reply... "Y'all been bad for 120+ years"...

Many of her co-workers busted out laughing!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2017, 4:02 PM

I have a request for CF99......please sack that guy named Bentley at least 4 times for me.......Thanks in advance.......Go Tigers!!!!

Ferrell Cat is a dangerous cat***

Nov 20, 2017, 4:29 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Chicken...here's your Coop

Nov 20, 2017, 5:23 PM

I swear I try to give folks the benefit of the doubt but after so long it just is what it is. The last game I attended at little WillyB was when JB made the original "Catch" and we had to endure drinks being thrown at us as we filed out, saw more "girl" fights (before they were commonplace) and heard unbelievable language.
CU gets called "redneck" but I see more dirty t-shirts and leftover mullets (maybe it's having to drive on GsniffRogers Blvd) in the Usuc fan base today than I have attending/watching 35+ yrs. of Tiger sports. Watching the Wofford vs uscjr game Saturday (after seeing the Tigers put on a clinic) I viewed what is a dead bang guarantee. After a call was overturned that went against the chicks the camera showed a "middle aged woman" (Dunno, could have been a carolina coed after a rough go in the parking lot) with both middle fingers extended toward the ref, all the while holding the ever present red Solo cup. Nuf said.

Nov 20, 2017, 5:51 PM

Clelin,take it from me...raised in the upstate and because
of business decisions, landed in cootville 30+ years ago.
cootville is full of a$$holes like you described..unlike
Clemson fans in the upstate, they are hungry for fame
but all they have is shame.I know them and know how to
deal with them....thank you for making the right choice.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2017, 5:59 PM

This interview and what's come out of other players' mouths tell me the coaching staff has done well to instruct them to not give out any bulletin board material...which works both ways: doesn't give USuC bulletins board material, and, on our end holding pregame smack talk in only gets you more pent up. I think from Bentley's comments after last year's game, etc. etc...this team is going down there with a seek and destroy mission - leave no question.

Poor coot just trying to have a nice 2nd anniversary

Nov 20, 2017, 6:24 PM

dinner with his fourth wife, and he has to be exposed to, of all things, a Clemson fan. I can see how that could ruin a perfectly romantic Waffle House meal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This Past Saturday

Nov 20, 2017, 8:09 PM

I picked up an old Clemson classmate, and he rode to the Citadel game with me. We were early, and the traffic was still light. While walking from my car to where my son tailgates, we stopped at an intersection to chat with two SC highway patrolmen.

I asked one if they were going to Columbia on Sat to direct traffic at the game. His response was, "I sure hope not. They treat us like dirt down there." The two of them went on to tell us the differences in how they are treated at Clemson and Carolina.

They said that Clemson people treat them great, and they enjoy coming to our games. Clemson serves them really good food and allows them to be in the stadium and enjoy watching part of the games. They went on to say that the food given to them at Carolina is terrible, and they are not allowed inside the stadium. They are ushered into little rooms and watch the games on TV.

It seems that the schools have significant differences in class in many areas. High class vs low class.

Their entire program reeks of WT

Nov 21, 2017, 10:42 AM

From their stadium, to their fans, they are bitter, petty, and have a Stockholm Syndrome-esque inferiority complex. Even their rich fans are low class, cheering on a team that always disappoints, save for the golden Spurrier years.

That right there speaks volumes.

Nov 21, 2017, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: This Past Saturday ]

Let no one ever try to tell you, "all fans are the same". There are some crossover things amongst all fans, but certain groups of fans as a whole show the true colors.

Gamecocks, not all of them of course, are a great example of bad genes and a bad fan base. No question. Unbiased law enforcement agrees.

it's a big deal for Coots to beat us...

Nov 20, 2017, 6:25 PM

but it's never been much to us or affected us much to lose to them. It's their whole world because they don't have anything else to be proud of.

Well, they did win their division in 2010...and they won their conference...in 1969...and they...oh wait, they've never done anything else.

Actually, PITTSBURGH has a better win percentage against us (100%) than the coots and has 5 national Championships. Like that's relevant?

Bottom line, Coots are bottom dwellers, they take what's dropped on them from those very much above them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Nov 20, 2017, 8:13 PM

Being from Virginia we didn’t have this type of rivalry so I understand his confusion on what the game meant to the fans. I grew up an OSU Buckeye so I had some understanding. Over the last 5 years of being immersed in this team I have grown to love them to the point I have cheered against the Bucs (something that I never thought I would say). That being said when my wife asked if we should go to the game, I thought better of it. I am a middle aged man, skinny at that, going into a lions den of animosity. Not all Carolina fans are bad but it only takes one pissed off person to get mad at my wife or I for cheering to take the entire experience to a hospital.

Nov 20, 2017, 8:31 PM

That interview has got my fire started.
It'll be a bonfire soon!??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is THE ONLY GAME that counts

Nov 20, 2017, 9:01 PM

In my 45+ years of being a fan this is and will always be the ONLY game that counts. Conference championships, bowl wins and 2 National Championships are great for the legacy but a State Championship lasts for every day year after year. Now, what will the "lamecocks" do this Saturday? I would think they will stack the box as in their game with Georgia. It will be paramount for the Tigers to spread their defense and make them play sideline to sideline and goal line to goal line. I would like to see Deon Cain and Tee Higgins on the field at the same time stretching the field and making the "chickens" safeties having to help. This will open up the middle for slot receivers and Tight Ends not to mention running backs coming out to receive. As for the #### offense i suspect the plan will be for "dentley" to get rid of the ball quick on a lot of slants then taking some shots down field. It's up to the Tigers DB's to come up close and hit them off the line to throw off the timing. It's going to be about the intensity, imposing your will, being crisp and sharp from every Tiger on every down for every play and know that you are without a doubt the best team on the field. The time has arrived to bring the heat and pressure to make the "yardbirds" fold. Leave it on the field and "LEAVE NO DOUBT".

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic