Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: 2018 Clemson football schedule released
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

New Story: 2018 Clemson football schedule released

Jan 17, 2018, 1:55 PM

2018 Clemson football schedule released

TigerNet has your first look at Clemson's 2018 football schedule. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: 2018 Clemson football schedule released-booo

Jan 17, 2018, 1:59 PM

bECAUSE Swofford is in the article pic

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We knew it was coming, but this is

Jan 17, 2018, 3:50 PM

a bit of a snoozer as far as the home slate of games is concerned considering the drop-off that is likely with Loserville and NC State. However, I can't remember a schedule that set up so well for the team.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We knew it was coming, but this is

Jan 17, 2018, 4:46 PM

Hopefully the bye week will result in a beatdown of NC State similar to 2014. The Textile Bowl has been way too close for my liking the last 3 years

Re: We knew it was coming, but this is

Jan 17, 2018, 4:47 PM

NC state, fla state, wake and Syracuse have our same bye week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: New Story: 2018 Clemson football schedule released

No Thur/Fri games? No way!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2018, 2:41 PM

Enjoy it, they will be every other week the season after this coming season. And probably they will throw in a Monday or Wednesday night game in there also....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No Thursday or Friday night games?

WELL WHAT ARE WE TO BITCH ABOUT NOW? FIRE SWOFFORD!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Give it time, he'll do something to screw it up***

Jan 17, 2018, 2:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

we are just a qb qho can throw down field

Jan 17, 2018, 2:00 PM

and make the right reads away from the national title this year

No Thursday or Friday games this year?***

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

@ TAMU a VERY likely ESPN Gameday event.

No Thursday or Friday games also. Hooray.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2018, 2:01 PM

Interesting.. we get Duke before SC this year.

Jan 17, 2018, 2:50 PM

I wouldn't care if they scheduled Bama for us before the USUC game, the thumb will still be up after that game. Then we move on to working on the double thumbs at once. That's right, 10 straight wins against the coots. And hopefully after that, they will end that so called rivalry, and end it with them hurting our strength of scheduling every year!!!

Jan 17, 2018, 2:02 PM

Ncst

FSU

UL

Back to back to back. Thanks. Even w/o Lamar, I’m sure they’ll be a handful.

Seriously? This schedule is fantastic. And NCSU will be a cakewalk this year.

Jan 17, 2018, 4:00 PM

As long as it's not a terrible Syracuse team! Just sayin... This is college football and there are no gimmes.

A lot of people counting their Chickens.

NC State won't be as good and UL could be terrible***

Jan 17, 2018, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: 2018 Clemson football schedule released ]

Re: NC State won't be as good and UL could be terrible***

Jan 17, 2018, 3:08 PM

I learned long ago not to put an X in the win column until the final whistle blows. In the past two years we had an X in the win column that we had to erase and it was to teams we should have defeated.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

12-0***

12-0***

No short week game? First time in 4 years?***

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nothing to complain about to be honest

good schedule

Re: nothing to complain about to be honest- yep

Jan 17, 2018, 2:05 PM

sort of takes the fun out of it, doesnt it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which one is our mulligan?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

@Wake Forest. Last game before OPEN date, just like

Jan 17, 2018, 2:14 PM

Syracuse last year.

Re: @Wake Forest. Last game before OPEN date, just like

Jan 17, 2018, 3:55 PM

And wake is going to be pretty good. Plus they will be playing Rice the week before. So no doubt they'll be studying Clemson earlier than the week of the game. Could be a trap. Don't think so, but who knows?

Jan 17, 2018, 2:04 PM

November 10th up at BC.. They will be a tough out next season I believe.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2018, 2:30 PM

I think the schedule is awful. No challenge to it. People will compare our schedule to Alabama's last year. Will we have to squeak in like they did or will we be like the other 12-0 team this year that didn't get invited?

Alabama's results with that schedule would be fine with me.***

Jan 17, 2018, 2:41 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 17, 2018, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: 2018 Clemson football schedule released ]

Uhmmm, don't get all torqued up. We can't help who we play this season. The non-conference teams we play are booked long before the season and we have to play the Coots at the end. The ACC schedule is set and our non-division teams come on a rotating basis. Throw the Notre Dame tie to the ACC games in there, and we really don't have a choice. The only opponents that Clemson has any control over are our main non-conference/non-little USC game and the creampuff game that we always play against, usually, one of the in-state schools, Furman, Wofford, or the Citadel. We need to keep playing that creampuff game because those teams deserve the big $ game and the exposure. It's only the timing of the schedule which we find out about preseason.

As for this year, we play the toughest teams in the ACC except for Miami (that would be NC State, Louisville, BC, and FSU - I don't care who is the coach, they are going to be a tough out). Also, Wake at home is not necessarily a cakewalk. When we booked Texas A&M, remember they had Johnny the Mouth Manzell (or maybe before) so the future was bright. Also, you gotta remember that the Coots won their bowl game and should have been in, and won, the Natty!!

Seriously, this is the best schedule we have had in many, many years. The lack of Thursday night and Friday night games is HUGE in my opinion.

Also, I did not realize that of 24 starters (I'm including the punter and the real kicker in that), we are returning 17 players. That is absolutely amazing. If we are not preseason #1 or #2, then something is wrong. Of course, I am sure that Ohio State and Mr. Khaki Pants will be in there somewhere. Preseason should be Clemson/Alabama at #1/#2, Georgia at #3, and I really think Miami should make a top 10 preseason appearance.

Jan 17, 2018, 2:06 PM

@BC might be the only real "trap" game in there based on where it is in schedule.

Wake could be possible trap

Jan 17, 2018, 2:12 PM

They finished strong and could be decent next year. Plus it's the game before the bye week...

Jan 17, 2018, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: 2018 Clemson football schedule released ]

BC will be the possible “trap” game. Wake, UL and NCST lost quite a few graduates or NFL entries. FSU away won’t be easy either.

Good schedule overall.

Go Tigers!

Jan 17, 2018, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: 2018 Clemson football schedule released ]

I don't really believe in such things as a trap game, but sense you're talking it, just maybe Furman, the 1st game of the season could be a trap game bc we're looking ahead to @ Texas A&M;)

IMHO, the most interesting games are A&M and BC

Jan 17, 2018, 2:07 PM

A&M because JF is there and it will be interesting to see how fast he can make them good ...

BC because I think is a diamond in the rough, always play a great D and their offense was starting to show real life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10 at BC..........

Jan 17, 2018, 2:11 PM

That is the one concern I have marked......November in Boston....could be BUTT Cold then and it will be their red bandanna game. Plus, BC gets their stuff together as the season wears on. Just sayin'

Brrrrrrrr.***

Jan 17, 2018, 2:44 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

e: Nov 10 at BC..........

Jan 17, 2018, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Nov 10 at BC.......... ]

If we overhaul our offense and let them play up to their potential and talent we will take care of business. If not, it is a guessing game.

Dang, Swoffie loves us now that we are money

Jan 17, 2018, 2:12 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

now that is how you evenly space out road games***

Jan 17, 2018, 2:18 PM

Best Is The Standard

Geez..imho Only 1 Decent game in DV for 2018!

Jan 17, 2018, 2:27 PM

Coots 4 a 5-Peat!

Gut eR Done with the Thumb!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2018, 2:26 PM

I like the schedule. Only concern is Boston College. BTW, We just can't get away from Jimbo Fisher. Maybe, he wanted to go there just so he could stay in touch ! LOL. GO TIGERS!!!

Jan 17, 2018, 2:47 PM

The only real flaws are NCST, FSU and Louisville back to back back. Could be tough. And it stinks the Louisville game is during fall break for the students, won't be as big of a crowd

Jan 17, 2018, 3:16 PM

Also, Georgia Southern and Georgia Tech back to back won't be fun---2 option teams in consecutive weeks. Protect your knees!

Jan 17, 2018, 3:03 PM

HOME
Away
HOME
Away
HOME
Away
HOME
Away
HOME
Away
HOME
HOME

That’s about as balanced a schedule as you’ll ever see. If we don't go undefeated against this schedule next year, something is very wrong.

Jan 17, 2018, 3:31 PM

Open up the offense and we will take care of business. Stay predictable and we will be ho hum.

At Texas AM, maybe they will have fixed

Jan 17, 2018, 3:06 PM

the air conditioners on the busses by then.

Jan 17, 2018, 6:18 PM

Great schedule for a great year. Could hardly be better. Let's root for 12-0 to the Acc-C and then the CFP.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic