Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Need suggestions for recording games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 951

Need suggestions for recording games

Jun 9, 2019, 11:55 AM

I use Directv and my recordings work well - except - when the games run really long, and the recording ends before the game does. I even add the 30 minute extension, but sometimes even that does not help. I even tried record the show following our game, but I haven't managed to make that work either.

I prefer to not stop / pause the recording during halftime, but that might be my only option to ensure that I get the entire game. I wish there was a way to skip the commercials, and the problem would be solved, but I don't know of a way to make it do that.

Anyone have any suggestions?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

which DVR are you using

Jun 9, 2019, 12:08 PM

most will let you have up to 90 minutes past scheduled end time

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

why don't you record whatever show comes on next?

Jun 9, 2019, 12:28 PM

Me, I always - ALWAYS - set my DVR for 1.5 hours carryover on a football game. You never know with OT. injuries, etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why record? Just watch replay...

Jun 9, 2019, 12:39 PM

on the ESPN3 app which you would have access through your DirectTV login. I use the Chromecast to watch on my TV.

Also, ClemsonFootball is added to Youtube within 48hrs typically and it has all the commercials and halftime cutout if you wanted to watch that version. Usually takes a game to about 2hrs 15-20min on avg. I use Chromecast here as well.

I always watch the game at least twice and often 3 times for good opponents. But I used to record but i never do any longer because there are several ways to watch.

Why record? Just watch replay...

Jun 9, 2019, 12:39 PM

on the ESPN3 app which you would have access through your DirectTV login. I use the Chromecast to watch on my TV.

Also, ClemsonFootball is added to Youtube within 48hrs typically and it has all the commercials and halftime cutout if you wanted to watch that version. Usually takes a game to about 2hrs 15-20min on avg. I use Chromecast here as well.

I always watch the game at least twice and often 3 times for good opponents. But I used to record but i never do any longer because there are several ways to watch.

Re: Need suggestions for recording games

Jun 9, 2019, 3:20 PM

Do the extension then tape the show following the game. Game will carry over thru the next show (s).

Re: Need suggestions for recording games

Jun 10, 2019, 7:28 AM

Thanks everyone. I was unaware that I could add more than a single extra 30-minute extension, so I'm going to test that out. Also, I might try recording that Youtube version somehow with no commercials. I have Chromecast, so I do use that already to cast from my laptop or phone to my big screen tv. I appreciate everyone's input. Happy recording. :)

I watch these replays all year-round since I'm not into BBall or bball.

Replies: 6
| visibility 951
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic