Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NFL gets it right, better late than never...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

NFL gets it right, better late than never...

Mar 26, 2019, 11:47 PM

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26367953/pass-interference-now-reviewable-nfl-officials?platform=amp

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NFL gets it right, better late than never...

Mar 27, 2019, 12:00 AM

Could be some long games when every pass play is reviewed. Hope they figure out how to do it quick.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2019, 12:02 AM

Oh, read the details. Just the final two minutes of each half.
Should be good.

Mar 27, 2019, 12:16 AM

So the first 28 minutes of each half isn’t as important as the final two? The NFL is turning into WWE drama fest, how long before they allow fan voting to decide the replay?

Mar 27, 2019, 1:11 AM

When it happens should make no difference, none at all. Just limit the amount or make it parts of the reviews a team normally gets. That way, no extra time really.But saying when it can happen is stupid. No, they haven't gotten it right yet.

Every play looks like PI in slomo. I hope they use some full

Mar 27, 2019, 6:38 AM

speed replays too.

Mar 27, 2019, 7:39 AM

There should be NO SUCH THING as pass interference or Reviews ! When they come off the line they should be free meat. Also the game is played by humans let it be called by humans and move on ! Too much delay in all these reviews. Players, coaches and officials all make mistakes but I would argue officials make the LEAST mistakes of the 3. Call it and play !

Mar 27, 2019, 8:48 AM

My biggest problem with replay as it stands now, is, how many times have you heard announcers at a game say "The refs don't have the same replays available as we do." What? This should NEVER be the case. TV is pretty quick to show the definitive view, if there is one. That view should be the FIRST one the replay official sees, which would save a LOT of time. See that view, make the call immediately, and get on with the frigging game, already. I would bet a pretty sizable farm that many times the official stays under the hood for awhile just to give the replay "extra drama and importance", when it should be cut and dried most times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic