Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Feaster leaves for Alabama...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 4,606

If Feaster leaves for Alabama...

May 9, 2019, 12:39 PM

I hope we bust his butt all night long. If you’re a TRUE Tiger, you don’t go to Bama...graduate or not! Just my opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Feaster leaves for Alabama...

May 9, 2019, 12:43 PM

If Feaster goes to Bama then he is not leaving for the right reasons, he is not choosing his next school for the right reasons, and he likely would not have a major impact in a game against us unless there are injuries at Bama.

He is a talented player but just because Bama called him doesn't mean he will go there.

May 9, 2019, 12:48 PM

It has a ring of “touche’ Clemson” his cryptic tweets and now this possibility leads me to believe he’s bitter by being anything but top dog. He can accomplish any goal he needs to get to the next level here at Clemson. Moving does nothing to enhance his position which leads me to believe it’s all ego!

Do you have a degree from clemson?***

May 9, 2019, 12:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Do you have a degree from clemson?***

May 9, 2019, 12:56 PM

Yes I Do, and you? I have a BS graduated in 1989.

Then

May 9, 2019, 1:18 PM

How would you feel if I kicked your BS in the river cause I saw you driving a car with alabama license plates and called you a fake clemson fan..or worse...a gamecock grad?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Then

May 9, 2019, 1:22 PM

Well, you have a point, so I guess we’ll just be pulling for Bama and Tavien! Roll Tide!??

Or you can just wish a fine young man farewell

May 9, 2019, 1:32 PM

And enjoy watching good sports..

Which is privilege , not a right. Go ask those Canadians

Re: Then

May 9, 2019, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Then ]

Is there some kind of coherent point anywhere in your post? If so, it's not apparent. I assume Feaster would try and transfer to a top-flight program, right? What top-tier team is not going to have top-flight RB's??? Feaster is not going to have competition? Hello! He didn't win the first-string RB job a Clemson, although he was in a very good position that minimized his chances of injury. So he goes to another elite program. The RB's there are just going to lay down and say oh yes Tavien, come in and take our jobs?? Are you kidding? This is an enormously risky move on his part. And he WILL be met with resentment in that team's locker room. We'll be fine.

Your feathers showed

May 9, 2019, 3:51 PM

There will never be resentment in a Dabo locker room. Muskchump, yeah, but not Dabo.

Give it a rest.

May 9, 2019, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: If Feaster leaves for Alabama... ]

I get that feeling too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I couldn’t care less.

May 9, 2019, 12:46 PM

I wish him the best wherever he lands. Once a Tiger, always a Tiger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Do you even like Clemson?***

May 9, 2019, 1:06 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, he didn't say he could less, right? ;)

May 9, 2019, 2:19 PM

So yeah, I think Francis kinda like Clemson :)

May 9, 2019, 12:47 PM

Nope, don't see it. BAMA uses running backs by platoon most years, and I'm assuming Feaster wants to be a feature back. I would think ECU might actually be best for that.

Goodnesss... I'd think his diploma says he is a true

May 9, 2019, 12:48 PM

Tiger... but sure why not. If ya gonna hate, might as well playa hate.

Re: Goodnesss... I'd think his diploma says he is a true

May 9, 2019, 12:55 PM

First of all, he hasn’t actually gotten the diploma yet, scheduled to get at end of summer. The thing about the Clemson culture is when you’re a part of it, to leave and go elsewhere is a nullification of your part of that culture, in my opinion. I just don’t understand how you can love a place one day and leave to play one your biggest foes the next, It smacks of bitterness and that’s unfortunate. I’m sure I’m wrong but it just hits me wrong.

May 9, 2019, 1:05 PM

Bama contacted Feaster. Not the other way around.

You are diving deep into speculation.

Also it's pretty clear that Feaster's goal is to increase his draft stock as much as possible.

If he does go to Bama I believe it would be a bad choice based on his goal but sometimes people make bad decisions for the wrong reasons.

I would not hold it against him.

Bama is not equal to scar.

I respect Bama as a program and they do develop guys to get into the league. If they fool him into thinking he will get a ton of carries then that's on him.

May 9, 2019, 1:10 PM

I guess I’m speculating as you suggest and I certainly have no say in the matter. It just sits uneasy to think of this young man having been given Spiller’s permission to wear #28 and essentially saying thanks but no thanks. I’m through venting, I must be wrong since others seem to not be bothered by the chance of this.

NFL and $$$$$$ ***

May 9, 2019, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Goodnesss... I'd think his diploma says he is a true ]

Re: NFL and $$$$$$ ***

May 9, 2019, 1:19 PM

Are you saying the NFL and $$$ aren’t attainable here at Clemson? Maybe not, who knows?

Not when you're going to be behind a

May 9, 2019, 2:08 PM

Heisman favorite on the depth chart. Hating on him just seems petty.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Re: Not when you're going to be behind a

May 9, 2019, 3:50 PM

I really haven't seen anyone "hating" on Feaster.

I didn't know there were top secret rules to

May 9, 2019, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Goodnesss... I'd think his diploma says he is a true ]

Being a grad.

Thought if you went to school and got a degree, you were a graduate.

Shoot man..I grew up in charleston.. loved it.. loved surfing anytime I wanted. But there was no way I was going to the citdal or coc.

Told myself I'd move back soon as I graduated from clemson.

The job market was better in charleston than greenville when I graduated but I dunno... something happened to me. I must have fell in love with topography. Now when I go visit my dad in charleston all I see is too many dang people, flat land and pine trees.

I rather not live there..

I wonder if I violated some sort of low country rule.

Re: I didn't know there were top secret rules to

May 9, 2019, 1:35 PM

Have no fear.

The upstate and low country have an open transfer policy.

It's a wonderful thing to get some of both in your life.

Just stay away from a residence in the midlands unless somebody is holding a gun to your head (which is very likely in some areas in the midlands).

No worries.... never had any desire to

May 9, 2019, 1:50 PM

Be in the middle....as sir mix a lot said... there is little in the middle.

He also wisely said,

May 9, 2019, 2:16 PM

"My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun".

That's deep, and true. Quite the philosopher, that ol' Sir Mix A Lot dude is/was :)

What is he up to nowadays anyway?

No worries.... never had any desire to

May 9, 2019, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Re: I didn't know there were top secret rules to ]

Be in the middle....as sir mix a lot said... there is little in the middle.

Re: I didn't know there were top secret rules to

May 9, 2019, 2:17 PM [ in reply to I didn't know there were top secret rules to ]

From Conway, now live in Carolina Forest/Myrtle Beach. Graduated in 1973 and would not have moved back home but did for I already had a job offer plus my dad was in poor health. Moved back to Clemson in 1979, worked in Sikes for two years. Eventually moved back to the coast. I would move back to the upstate were it not for two granddaughters who live nearby.

Now, you want to get into a discussion about "too many people"? Come on down to Myrtle....if you can get through all the people, some on motorcycles. Many of the rest are on golf carts.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson grads often go to Georgia or Auburn for vet

May 9, 2019, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Goodnesss... I'd think his diploma says he is a true ]

school, MUSC for medical school, or even SCAR for law school. How does this apply to them?

They all have undergraduate degrees, and perceive (either true or not) that they can not get any closer to their career goals at Clemson.

I hate that for them, but I feel empathy, not bitterness.

Some of the greatest Clemson fans I know attended other schools, either for grad school or even for undergrad.

May 9, 2019, 1:10 PM

Not sure why the OP would even speculate on Feaster's decision, as doing that is premature. There is an old saying that the OP should heed - "Don't cross a bridge until you get to it". We're not there yet.

May 9, 2019, 1:33 PM

Feaster only has one year left. If he goes to Bama, what is the
odds on us playing them? If we do, our defense doesn't fear him,
if they do, he would be the starter.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2019, 1:40 PM

No offense to him but if he ain't satisfied with his touches here, he ain't gonna be getting more at bama lol

Geez Louise, a bunch of you are falling for this nonsense.

May 9, 2019, 1:42 PM

It's all a bunch of offseason drama talking head click-bait crap.

Ding ding ding

May 9, 2019, 1:44 PM

Bama gets way more clicks than ECU or whoever. End of story.

May 9, 2019, 1:45 PM

If he goes to Alabama then I'm sure a large factor would be the high number of running backs they've had drafted. Jacobs was 2nd on the team in number of carries, and only had 3 carries more than the #3 guy, and he was drafted in the 1st round. I'm not saying Feaster would have the same result, or even that he'd be better used or coached better if he goes there, but there's no doubt that Bama would use that as a recruiting pitch to him.

Feaster about to be a Clemson Alum

May 9, 2019, 1:54 PM

Always a Clemson Tiger!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

L.M.A.O.***

May 9, 2019, 1:55 PM

Stop watching where he goes just so you can scrutinize him

May 9, 2019, 1:59 PM

Bama contacted HIM, not the other way around. And who the hell cares if he goes to Bama? He's a Tiger, always will be one. He's also a man and can go wherever he wants. I'm sad he left but I hope wherever he decides to go works out for him and gets him drafted a few places higher.

This is worse than when some of y'all get all hot under the hood when a recruit doesn't choose Clemson.

My opinion is, if thats where he wants to be then I wish him

May 9, 2019, 2:13 PM

the very best... Unless we face off against him in the playoffs. Then I hope we help him remember how just how ferocious our defense is :)

Every bit of it is contingent upon believing this right here

May 9, 2019, 2:15 PM

"A source close to Clemson grad transfer RB Tavien Feaster tells me the following programs have been in touch since he entered the transfer portal

Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Mississippi State and East Carolina."

Well, do you? Or was this tweet a vehicle to inflate the perception re: competition for his services?

"Welll...you better hurry and decide if you want to buy this car or not because I have 2 other people deciding as well, and I just got off the phone with a guy about this little beauty, as well."

Replies: 40
| visibility 4,606
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic