Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ND didn't belong. This may be a controversial opinion, but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

ND didn't belong. This may be a controversial opinion, but

Dec 30, 2018, 9:33 AM

IMO Jawja was the 4th best team. As much as I despise them, they were. Chokelahoma were who I thought they were---dynamic offensive team with no defense. Their QB is one heck of a player---man he's dangerous on the run.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: ND didn't belong. This may be a controversial opinion, but

Dec 30, 2018, 9:38 AM

Georgia had their chance and blew it. I feel like the committee got it right

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 9:40 AM

Like I said---controversial opinion. But the product on the field from ND was clearly inferior. The bright side is we were able to rest a lot of our starters by the 3rd quarter. Outside of the first few series, the game was never close.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Dec 30, 2018, 10:05 AM

Getting the boys rested was good. Shouldn’t need to use the salt tanks this week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 9:41 AM

I think this type of thinking takes away from just how great Clemson played last night. It was Clemson who made ND look like they should not be there and would have done the same to whoever you want to put in ND's place,

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 9:43 AM

How do you put in a 2 loss team? They had their chance and blew it.

they played bama close so they deserve another chance

Dec 30, 2018, 10:19 AM

to beat them? That's crazy thinking

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we had a reall 4 team playoff UGA would have been

Dec 30, 2018, 10:03 AM

Left out of that too. You can not call this a playoff when it has no rules and minimum requirements for participation. What we currently have is a beauty pageant masquerading as a playoff. It still amazes me that supposed learned men came up with this system, it shows they can’t release control of the process. No other level of sports has such a ridiculous system for the selection process.

Re: If we had a reall 4 team playoff UGA would have been

Dec 30, 2018, 10:14 AM

I don’t get it. I don’t see anything wrong with the system. The real goal is to get the two best teams in the final game. It has certainly done that. Winning the games on your schedule has to mean something. When you lose two plus games, you should be out. Do you really want a national champion with 3/4 losses? The controversy is what makes the current system fun. Everyone knows that Alabama and Clemson are the two best teams in the country.

all games matter***

Dec 30, 2018, 10:20 AM

The current system has no rules or minimum requirements,

Dec 30, 2018, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: If we had a reall 4 team playoff UGA would have been ]

The committee can select whoever they like whether they have 1,2, or 3 losses. You like the current system because Clemson hasn’t been left out, but you’ll have a different opinion if Clemson goes 12-1and wins the ACC and gets left out. I just think the entire system is political and resembles WWE, imagine if the NFL or high school football had the same selection process.

The NFL system is a joke.

Dec 30, 2018, 10:48 AM [ in reply to If we had a reall 4 team playoff UGA would have been ]

They let in teams with losing records. Not only do they let in teams with losing records, but those teams get in over teams with winning records. How is that a real playoff?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I don’t disagree that UGA was #4 but

Dec 30, 2018, 10:13 AM

it’s not the committee’s job to figure out who the four best teams are. Their job is to produce a true national champion which they have done every year. The only reason that we have a four team playoff is to keep undefeated teams like ND from crying about not getting a shot. And before anyone goes there UCF needs to strengthen their schedule or quit whining about being left out. Non P5 teams know the drill. If they want serious consideration play some of the big boys and beat them don’t just schedule a weak P5 team just to say you beat a P5 team. Although they’ll never admit it I think they’re satisfied that the NCAA recognized last season as a NC for them even though they didn’t have to prove themselves.

The bottom line is the committee exists to find out who the best team is and it was obvious after the UGA/LSU and SECCG games that it was not UGA. CFB demands near perfection to win it all. You aren’t rewarded a NC championship for getting hot at the right time you have to sustain a high level of play and win all season long with maybe one chance to slip up. That’s one of the reasons why I love the game as opposed to other sports.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don’t disagree that UGA was #4 but

Dec 30, 2018, 11:16 AM

No offense intended, but UCF beat Auburn last year, and Auburn was the ONLY team that managed to beat Alabama. Uh- even CLEMSON could not beat Bama last year. For that reason alone, and not even considering that they have the longest win streak in America, or that they actually play in a CC game and won it, then they deserve their shot long before ND deserves anything. ND should have to earn their chance, and they won't accept the responsibility of having to play that 13th game (which they would have lost if in the ACC). If UCF manages to beat LSU, which I doubt since they are without their amazing QB, then the CFP Committee should change their mindset on UCF.

JMO - but I'm spot on. :)

Dec 30, 2018, 10:15 AM

Agree. That was always a given though.

lol uga sucks

Dec 30, 2018, 10:17 AM

overrated sec wannabe

I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.***

Dec 30, 2018, 10:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

We weren’t sure about whether or not ND belonged

Dec 30, 2018, 10:21 AM

But we were sure Georgia already lost two games so I think it’s fair to give ND the shot seeing they hadn’t lost yet and had a good enough schedule to warrant a chance.
What would everyone be saying if Alabama played Georgia again and curb stomped them? No matter what the outcome, there will always be someone saying something else should have happened.

too bad UGA didn't earn a chance to get beat down in NDs pla***

Dec 30, 2018, 10:21 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tigers made irish look hapless - that was difference

Dec 30, 2018, 10:38 AM

ugay deserves exactly what they got. i’ll refresh memories:

they lost by 20 - i’ll say that again - they lost by 20 to an average football team

they could not beat a one legged qb who was limping around the entire game. btw, he needed surgery and was playing. and his backup beat them in a game that really mattered.

f ugay

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Ga. would be favored if they played ND, but favored

Dec 30, 2018, 11:08 AM

teams get beat, games played during the regular season must count for something . Had Ga. beat LSU " & LSU beat the crap out of them"they would been in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic