Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCSU Strategy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

NCSU Strategy

Oct 18, 2018, 1:24 PM

I've considered all of the issues concerning the threats from NCSU's defense and have figured out how to deal with the major threat of targeting Trevor Lawrence as stated by Dave Doeren. I'll be calling Dabo in a few minutes to give him the benefit of my brilliance, but wanted to share with all of you first and to go on record so when it happens and we win, I can take credit for the idea.

On passing plays NCSU will be blitzing the house, so what we'll do is have TL drop back 15-20 steps before he throws the ball. Every few plays, he should drop back 20 steps and roll one way or the other to increase the chase distance. This will give our WRs time to get into their cuts with separation and with Trevor's arm, the extra distance to throw the ball is no problem. In fact, it gives the receivers a little more time to "see" the ball, which will enhance the probability that the ball is caught. The best thing is that all of the chasing will wear out their D and by the 4th quarter, Trevor can drop back, wait for the chasers to cross the LOS, then throw to the RB (still behind the LOS) and this will insure that our middle screen works just like a shovel pass and we'll have the entire OL blocking on 4 DBs...... that'll be fun!

I got this, coach!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NCSU Strategy

Oct 18, 2018, 1:43 PM

Why doesn't he just set up for a punt? that way, he's already 20 steps back and doesn't have to back peddle. And he could have Wilkins and D Lawrence as running back blockers instead of blockers for the punter. You don't have to mention my name when you share this with Dabo.

Re: NCSU Strategy

Oct 18, 2018, 1:46 PM

That's 30 seconds I'll never get back

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic