Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCAA basketball awards
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

NCAA basketball awards

Apr 13, 2019, 11:13 AM

The #1 point guard and #1 power forward (and most likely the best player in the country) are from South Carolina.
Zion from Spartanburg and Ja Morant is from Dalzell (just outside Sumter).
Did Brad even offer Morant? I know the coots did but he wanted to play in a small town and not in Columbia according to his interview last night. Would have been nice to get him. He was NOT an unknown. In fact he played on Zion's AAU team the last few years so everyone had the chance to see him play, including Brad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NCAA basketball awards

Apr 13, 2019, 12:47 PM

I heard he had grade problems, which ain't a problem at UofSCar

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

This just isn't true

Apr 13, 2019, 1:03 PM

In fact he played on Zion's AAU team the last few years so everyone had the chance to see him play, including Brad.

That's false. He played on an AAU team with Zion for one summer between his FR and SO years in HS. Zion was just as rising FR and didn't begin to gain any notoriety until that summer. They went their separate ways after that.

As for Clemson's role:

"According to Tee Morant, 13 Division I programs made official courtships for Ja, including Frank Martin's South Carolina Gamecocks. (Tee Morant said Clemson was interested, too, but didn't have an available scholarship on the table.) Regardless, most schools only came calling after Murray State found him."

You can read all about it in this article and probably elsewhere as well:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/court-report-the-real-story-of-ja-morant-zion-williamson-playing-on-the-same-aau-team/

Apr 13, 2019, 1:03 PM

Morant was tiny and a late bloomer. Pretty much everyone missed on him because of his size. He couldn't even dunk the ball until his senior year in High School. He kept growing even after HS. Now he dunks all over the place. I think it's kind of like how everyone missed on Steph Curry.

Apr 13, 2019, 1:07 PM

Forgot to add. Morant said that although he had some other offers that came in later that he didn't feel like he was really wanted. Morant's Dad told him to go where he felt wanted and that place was Murray State.

Apr 13, 2019, 1:55 PM

Being from near that area, he was probably not in the Beta Club.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, he was barely 6 feet in HS***

Apr 13, 2019, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: NCAA basketball awards ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic