Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NC state rolling out Phd in mental illness
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

NC state rolling out Phd in mental illness

Nov 15, 2018, 2:41 PM

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11520

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds pretty progressive.

Nov 15, 2018, 2:56 PM

I can see why you'd hate it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is no less retarded than the professor Clemson

Nov 15, 2018, 2:58 PM

recognized at the last home game for "teaching students how to teach engineering".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in my experience in Clemson Engineering, they could go a

Nov 15, 2018, 3:03 PM

long way by first teaching them English

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

easy. that's a good friend of mine. Also, most professors

Nov 15, 2018, 9:46 PM [ in reply to This is no less retarded than the professor Clemson ]

aren't educators...so there is definitely room for improvement there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

That'll work out great with that new

Nov 15, 2018, 2:58 PM

social justice education factory they're opening in Raleigh

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

what's the starting salary for someone with a phd in

Nov 15, 2018, 3:02 PM

social justice education?

Answer: Dr. something-DASH-something (whose preferred pronoun is "they") is going to need loan forgiveness, rent control, and affirmative action in order to eek out a vegan subsistence

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense, dude

Nov 15, 2018, 5:34 PM

PhDs don't pay for their PhDs, so they don't need loan forgiveness. Also, PhDs usually end up teaching. In this case, these people would probably end up consulting or working for non-profits in order to really ruin education.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

most phd's I know have lots of student loan debt***

Nov 16, 2018, 9:08 AM

Wow. Take that, Chapel Hill!

Nov 15, 2018, 3:05 PM

Ugh...can you imagine getting invited to a dinner party and the guy across from you says he’s getting his PhD in Social Justice? Brutal.

Anyway, garbage but nothing new. And the College Republican pointing out that there won’t be a Conservative studies PhD is probably right but the two are not analogous. Plus, there are numerous religious studies courses in the country (although friends of mine who have studied theology have said that professors aren’t always supportive of faith, which surprises me) and plenty of Conservative schools too.

null

Re: Wow. Take that, Chapel Hill!

Nov 15, 2018, 3:07 PM

In fact, many theologians...

Nov 15, 2018, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Wow. Take that, Chapel Hill! ]

aren't all that interested in actual, personal faith in the divine. They're just studying ways of thinking about the divine, or thinking about faith. It's much more #### than it is committed, which in some ways is exactly how a legitimate course of study should be. "Social justice studies," on the other hand, advocate for a specific point of view uncritically. In that sense, those studies are "quasi-academic" and not "academic," while theology and religious studies remain academic.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they've already accepted their first candidates

Nov 15, 2018, 3:19 PM

Italian Trulli

Sounds good...

Nov 15, 2018, 3:22 PM

“This program area of study promotes social diversity while naming, interrogating and challenging oppression, exploitation and marginalization within education at the local, state, national and international levels,” the website states.

So let's start with Affirmative Action and how it oppresses and exploits on a state and national level.

And before you #### the bed with blind rage since you've been triggered, let me just mention that the State of California banned affirmative action in 1996. And it's withstood numerous court challenges.

I'll hang up and listen...

meanwhile at Clemson

Nov 15, 2018, 3:30 PM

https://capitalism.sites.clemson.edu/

Re: NC state rolling out Phd in mental illness

Nov 15, 2018, 3:31 PM

what is you PHD in Coward?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like an awfully corrupt course of study

Nov 15, 2018, 4:49 PM

They're basically training people to advocate for progressive politics, rather than to interrogate those politics and to understand where those ways of thinking come from. University really shouldn't allow curricula like that to exist, but such is academic life these days.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic