Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Galloway has to sit out all next year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

So Galloway has to sit out all next year?

Dec 27, 2018, 12:55 PM

Hes going to be suspended all next year as well? It's this is true this situation and the NCAA is an absolute laughable joke

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You lose one year of eligibility for 1st positive test.

Dec 27, 2018, 12:57 PM

That's probably what the lawyers are for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You lose one year of eligibility for 1st positive test.

Dec 27, 2018, 1:04 PM

What a pathetic situation. It's just sad how the NCAA is. They suck. Someone needs to do something about this. Galloway will be a great player hes just raw. Very unfortunate

Yes. See Will Grier***

Dec 27, 2018, 1:00 PM

Will Grier took banned substances on purpose

Dec 27, 2018, 1:08 PM

he might not have meant to, but he did take over the counter substances and admitted it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Florida knew exactly what he was taking***

Dec 27, 2018, 3:08 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe, but he took responsibility for it

Dec 27, 2018, 3:52 PM

just like our guys would have if it was legit

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe, but he took responsibility for it

Dec 27, 2018, 3:54 PM

No he didn’t, he took OTCs told by UF staff he could take which drew a positive and he was so mad he transferred.

Re: Maybe, but he took responsibility for it

Dec 27, 2018, 3:56 PM

"I did not check with the medical staff before taking it," Grier said during an emotional, minute-long apology. "I really hope that people can learn from this, learn from my mistake. I'm really, really sorry to everyone. Just really sorry."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/positive-drug-test-florida-gators-quarterback-will-grier-suspended-for-one-year/

shouldn't have failed the drug test***

Dec 27, 2018, 1:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My guess is they'll apeal and most of the suspension will be

Dec 27, 2018, 1:17 PM

dropped b/c of the unintentionality (if thats a word) of the situation. Unless its proven that they were taking it - knowing that they were taking it. My guess is that it will be unintentional b/c i just can't see the reason why a 6-5 345 lb lineman needs to pack on more muscle. This was just unfortunate in timing for those 3.

Re: My guess is they'll apeal and most of the suspension will be

Dec 27, 2018, 1:58 PM

Agreed. Unfortunately I think it will be after the playoffs that they will have their names cleared.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: So Galloway has to sit out all next year?

Dec 27, 2018, 1:18 PM

Shouldn't be playing Notre Dame, The ncaa darling

Dec 27, 2018, 3:06 PM

oh please. can we just stop with that? This isn't professional wrestling. the ncaa assuredly is not sitting around thinking of ways to protect a rogue independent that has had minimal actual success the last 30 years and is mostly a pain in the neck to the powers that be by being independent in football.

Cain played the season following his suspension.***

Dec 27, 2018, 1:23 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cain played the season following his suspension.***

Dec 27, 2018, 1:29 PM

Believe that was for the devil’s lettuce which is not categorized the same as PED’s

Dec 27, 2018, 3:16 PM

I thought it was the Devil's powdered sugar?

Dec 27, 2018, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Cain played the season following his suspension.*** ]

His was for weed though, and he could've played in the CFP that year per NCAA rules, but it was a Dabo decision to send him home. If I'm not mistaken, the NCAA doesn't require punishment for failed tests related to weed or other similar substances until the 3rd failed test.

Dec 27, 2018, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Cain played the season following his suspension.*** ]

Cains suspension was an Institutional suspension by Clemson not a NCAA suspension. Clemson tested him and discovered the positive test prior to the NCAA having a chance to do a random test. My understanding is that Clemson tests every body prior to the random NCAA test. Then if there is a positive they are suspended by the school and avoid the chance of being one of the randomly chosen and thus suspended for a year if positive. In all likely hood the 3 currently suspended Alabama players had positive test by their school and that was their "violation of team rules". Thus they will still be able to play next year. That's why I am so puzzled by this positive NCAA test, our guys were probably tested by Clemson a few days earlier and must have been negative or Dabo would have placed and institutional suspension on them to protect next year. Especially Galloway.

Dec 27, 2018, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Cain played the season following his suspension.*** ]

Cain and two other were sent back after failing a test administered by Clemson University. The kicker was removed from the team and Cain miss a portion of our early season. Cain’s test was for weed/or/cocaine this handled strictly by the school because it was a school test. These kids had been tested by Clemson at some point before the NCAA did there test. Since Dex and the others failed a NCAA administered test they are suspended unless they can be cleared through appeal. I hate that this would take away our players making their own decisions about their future. Dexter has not stated that he is leaving or going to stay for his senior year. The same with the TE he is a redshirt junior and he had the option of staying or trying the NFL, now that decision was taken away from both of them. We know Gallow is ready but he will lose this year also. As a result of this these three young men’s names have been tarnished and they have been put through emotional hell

Message was edited by: jeancooper®

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

What is the penalty for a positive drug test?

Dec 27, 2018, 1:56 PM

The penalty for a positive test for a performance-enhancing drug (PED) is strict and automatic: student-athletes lose one full year of eligibility for the first offense (25 percent of their total eligibility) and are withheld from competition for 365 days from the date of the test. A second positive test for a PED results in the loss of all remaining eligibility.

The penalty for a positive test for a substance in the street drug class is withholding from competition for 50% of the season in all sports in which the student-athlete participates. A second positive test for a street drug results in the loss of a year of eligibility and withholding from participation for 365 days from the test.

A student-athlete who is involved in a case of clearly observed tampering with an NCAA drug test, as documented per NCAA drug-testing protocol by a drug-testing crew member, shall be declared ineligible for further participation in postseason and regular-season competition during the time period ending two calendar years (i.e., 730 days) after the student-athlete was involved in tampering with a drug test.

If a student-athlete who is selected for NCAA drug testing does not show up for testing or refuses to provide a sample, he or she will be penalized as if there were a positive drug test result for a PED.

http://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-institute/topics/frequently-asked-questions-about-drug-testing

Re: What is the penalty for a positive drug test?

Dec 27, 2018, 10:54 PM

Thanks for posting that. That penalty is what I feared, that Galloway cannot RS if his appeal doesn't overturn the decision. Will he even be allowed to practice with the team? Is he allowed to lift during Power Hour?

Most guys cannot handle being cut off from their support network and accountability buddies and still keep in playing shape and build muscle. If suspension=not an official part of the team, this decision could be devastating to him personally and professionally.

I would hate it, but I wouldn't blame him if he eventually wants a "clean" start as a Junior someplace else. This is incredibly frustrating.

I say suspend the player relative to the percentage...

Dec 27, 2018, 2:59 PM

of the substance in his sample. In this case, Galloway should miss .02% of the 2019 season. Average of 80 plays a game for 13 games equals out to 1040 plays. .02% is about 1/5 of one play for the year. Lets suspend him for 1 play, 5 times the required amount.

Re: I say suspend the player relative to the percentage...

Dec 27, 2018, 3:07 PM

If his pee was 100% ostarine I think he might have a problem. Or he is a superhero

You know Meta-humans only cause problems******

Dec 27, 2018, 3:29 PM

M e t a is blocked?

Dec 27, 2018, 3:53 PM

programming ######***

Dec 28, 2018, 12:36 AM

Do'h, programming s cript******

Dec 28, 2018, 12:38 AM

Dec 27, 2018, 11:16 PM

The odds of the suspensions being overturned on appeal are very high. Almost all of them have been at the level these guys tested for it almost guarantees contamination. If they can figure out what it was and provide the lot number of the product I'd say it would be certain that the suspensions are overturned but even without that they are probably in good shape. There are triathletes who are suing supplement manufacturers right now for jamming ostarine into their products and either omitting it from the labeling or renaming it to hide it.

Honestly if they threaten legal action looking for an injunction the NCAA might just drop it then. The NFL did something similar a couple of years ago with Richard Sherman. Anytime they lose in a court case like that it erodes their position so fighting over a suspension that they know is based upon nonsense may not be palatable.

Dec 27, 2018, 11:27 PM

The appeal will help Gallow and the other young man as I believe they will have a clear place or product they got this stuff. Just like Dexter said he doesn’t want his last time suited up and played to be Pitt. These boys have been planning and practicing since spring for this game. We have plenty of depth and Lawrence is coaching them right now

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic