Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Inside Will Putnam's recruitment: Clemson was a "slam dunk" and hard to turn down
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

TNET: Inside Will Putnam's recruitment: Clemson was a "slam dunk" and hard to turn down

Dec 23, 2018, 8:01 AM

Inside Will Putnam's recruitment: Clemson was a "slam dunk" and hard to turn down

Four-star offensive lineman Will Putnam had three good schools to choose from, but when it came time to make his college decision he went with the slam dunk.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Inside Will Putnam's recruitment: Clemson was a "slam dunk" and hard to turn down

Dec 23, 2018, 8:48 AM

After reading about this kid I am not sure why he struggled with his commitment. Everything in that interview screams Clemson. I am glad he chose correctly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My brother

Dec 23, 2018, 9:27 PM

Died at the age of 15. He had muscular dystrophy and he was exactly what was described as the kid at the camp. He passed in 1972. Very heavy and was basically helpless. He was a great brother.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My brother

Dec 24, 2018, 9:33 AM

Lots of changes in medication. Two sons with Duchennes. One soon to be 20 and other 18. Although life extended still horrible disease. Admire my sons. Get up every day and get after it.

Dec 24, 2018, 9:33 AM [ in reply to My brother ]

Lots of changes in medication. Two sons with Duchennes. One soon to be 20 and other 18. Although life extended still horrible disease. Admire my sons. Get up every day and get after it.

Dec 24, 2018, 9:33 AM [ in reply to My brother ]

first time seeing him next to other people!

Dec 23, 2018, 9:10 AM

He is GIANT!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: first time seeing him next to other people!

Dec 23, 2018, 9:15 AM

I thought the same. Kid's melon is huge! Can't wait to see him pancake D Linemen.

Dec 23, 2018, 11:52 AM

Thinking the exact same thing, kid got a noggin on him. Look at the pic with him and Dabo, it'd take 2 of Dabo's heads to fill his helmet.

Dec 23, 2018, 9:16 AM [ in reply to first time seeing him next to other people! ]

Yet another winner selects Clemson. There must truly be something in those hills.

Dec 23, 2018, 6:21 PM [ in reply to first time seeing him next to other people! ]

Perhaps our greatest get in this entire recruiting cycle, and we got some very good ones. I will never complain about a top-5 recruiting class. Next season, look out for us. Probably, the best QB in college football, best RB in college football, a good, OL with huge recruits, and I think we have a shot at winning the NC.

We got a good one! So glad he chose to be a Clemson Tiger!!***

Dec 23, 2018, 9:24 AM

Re: TNET: Inside Will Putnam's recruitment: Clemson was a "slam dunk" and hard to turn down

Dec 23, 2018, 9:46 AM

Watch this guy. He’s gonna be All American. A 25-0 Florida wrestling state champion. That’s a HUGE ACHIEVEMENT and carries over to balance, leverage and ability to dominate his assignment on line of scrimmage. We may not have as many OL recruits as some wanted ..but got a few good ones. This one stands out....the best is yet to come!! Go Tigers

Dec 23, 2018, 12:04 PM

Someone needs to make “will Putnam has a posse” stickers like the old Andre the giant stickers. Kid is huge and sounds like a real winner. What a great addition to the family!

Dec 23, 2018, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Inside Will Putnam's recruitment: Clemson was a "slam dunk" and hard to turn down ]

We got three huge dudes who will prosper in our weight room under the kindly tutelage of Coach Batson. "chuckle." They survive that,then they will be prepared to wreak havoc on opposing offenses. We'll see.

Dec 23, 2018, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Inside Will Putnam's recruitment: Clemson was a "slam dunk" and hard to turn down ]

Wrestling State Champ=huge advantage(I know it's Florida)-he'll have legit functional strength and well versed in body lean & leverage-advanced grip strength

Sounds like a true Clemson Man to me

Dec 23, 2018, 12:40 PM

Great to read about his family and his commitment. Can't wait to see him running down the Hill!

Yikes. This quote:

Dec 23, 2018, 12:47 PM

“A lot of times, when the school gets a player they're gonna look up his highlight film and stuff like that. And I do think his highlight film does show a lot of his personality,” Weiner said. “This is a meticulous guy who's both an amazing technician as an offensive lineman but is probably one of the best finishers that I've ever seen on the football field. He puts people on their back and then that really is just beginning of the pain that he's going to inflict on you. Once you go down you might think he’s done, but he’s not done until he says that he's done.”

Wow.

null

A technician, a top wrestler, a serious competitor

Dec 23, 2018, 8:22 PM

This young man looks like one he11uva lineman. Welcome Mr. Putnam. TL16, Chase and the QB recruits just got a little bit safer. This kid's a winner who will compete for early P.T.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic