Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My 2 cents: ND/Kelly still haven't learned
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,613

My 2 cents: ND/Kelly still haven't learned

Mar 11, 2019, 9:45 AM

Seems to me to be more of that same old "Don't they know we're NOTRE DAME?" attitude.

Kelly said that he had a drastically different takeaway from the 30-3 loss to Clemson last season than the 42-14 loss to Alabama. The Alabama loss resulted in an eventual overhaul of training and nutrition, and Kelly said the Irish didn’t get knocked off the ball against Clemson. “There still is a bit of a gap in the outside skill players,” Kelly said, comparing the Irish to Clemson. “Their wide receivers are so talented. It just might be that way for anyone in the country. We've got to get [former star receivers] Michael Floyd and Will Fuller on the field at the same time. We've got to get so much better at the running back position. We're getting there, we're developing linemen, we need to continue to grow at the skill positions, and that's a lot easier to do [compared to] getting knocked off the ball.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/from-the-hot-seat-to-notre-dames-final-challenge-brian-kelly-intent-on-catching-clemson-alabama-163521385.html
https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/5c7ea3db3b00000e066ba850.jpeg">

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My 2 cents: ND/Kelly still haven't learned

Mar 11, 2019, 9:56 AM

We know who ND is. They used to be a huge force. Now we are, and they aren’t! That is all there is to it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 9:57 AM

November 7th, 2020, Dabo will show Kelly again.

Tigers will hang 50 pts. on the BB Heads next year at South Bend.

ND defense was better than Bama's***

Mar 11, 2019, 10:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ND defense was better than Bama's***

Mar 11, 2019, 1:30 PM

Not saying much.

'A man's reach should always exceed his grasp.'

Mar 11, 2019, 1:36 PM

However, let's be real here. Kelly won't on a good day make a pimple on Dabo's butt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 1:37 PM

Our WRs are great, but they have had great QBs with Watson and TL when we won it all. ND has a long way to go.

Mar 11, 2019, 2:00 PM

Kelly is a good coach, even with Notre Shame and taking them to post-season chances at a Natty is something.

Then again, this is still recruiting season. No prospect want to hear that "we got obliterated by a far superior team that dominated us and Bama in cartoonish proportions"

He had 1-2 great option, Dabo had 8+. He is right that he needs better depth in the skill positions. The other thing was that our D was so scary, that being a 1-5 option team just was not enough.... I would love to see a full-speed scenario of our O vs our D from this past year. I wondering if TL and co could crack 21 points against CW and co

Mar 11, 2019, 2:14 PM

So does every team in the country, and excuses won't do that for Kelly or any other coach that carries around the same butt hurt that Kelly carries around on his shoulders. Losers make excuses, and good coaches keep their mouth shut and works hard at getting their team better and ready for the the next time. At least if they lose again, they won't have to make more excuses as Kelly will have to do to fit his butt hurt!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,613
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic