Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mond - Future Deja Vu Prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,972

Mond - Future Deja Vu Prediction

Sep 10, 2018, 8:55 PM

Years ago when Clemson and FSU were the teams beat an amazing upset happened. It was the year after the puntrooskie and we were hungry for revenge. FSU was the second game on our schedule. We won our first game 30-0 over Furman, but astonishingly, FSU lost their cupcake opener. It was a big upset but I was too focused on our rematch to delve into what happened to them. Years later I looked it up. How could FSU POSSIBLY lose to nobodies? Southern Mississippi? Wha? Just some rinky dink little school with a quarterback named Brett Farve. I have a feeling years from now a lot of good teams will be looking up who that QB for TAMU was. That kid was on fire. Jimbo found a good one. The lesson is don't ever discount any team and appreciate every win. You never know what future star is out there lurking in obscurity. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mond - Future Deja Vu Prediction

Sep 10, 2018, 9:42 PM

Much holding by their OL created a lot of Mond's amazing luck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sumlin signed Mond.***

Sep 10, 2018, 9:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2018, 9:51 PM

Mond was a 5* who played at IMG. That's hardly coming out of obscurity.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Null

Sep 10, 2018, 9:58 PM

null

Message was edited by: gville76

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Sep 10, 2018, 10:29 PM

Speaking of FSU, the TAMU game and Mond reminded me of when a guy named Deshaun Watson took over the clemson QB job in Tallahassee in 2014 and made some amazing plays but couldn’t quite get the win that night, and all because of a goal line fumble (thanks CJ Davidson).

Yea, Mond got lucky on some throws but the kid oozes talent. As much as I hate to say it reminds me of Watson, just never gave up and kept fighting!

Sep 10, 2018, 11:14 PM

I don't follow this that closely, and I'm not searching the facts, but a Tiger friend of mine does, and without confirming the verity of his comment, he said that Mond actually wanted to play for Clemson, but our roster of QB recruits was already full. (…?)

there was an article here on the tigernets + mond

Sep 10, 2018, 11:18 PM

is a huge DW4 fan.

Sep 10, 2018, 11:23 PM

I remember my freshman year in 82 an obscure football school from the northeast came to Death Valley and tied the defending national champions while using an unheard of 5 ft 9 in QB that would end up winning the Heisman 2 years later (Flutie from Boston College).

+1 for the reminder! I has just started Clemson that year!

Sep 11, 2018, 6:58 AM

My friends and brother didn't know how to feel after the tie. LOL

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,972
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic