Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mike Stoops got problems.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Mike Stoops got problems.

Dec 23, 2015, 9:32 PM

Disguise coverage and drop back into coverage and you will give up 250+ yards rushing . Stack the box and stop the run we throw deep. Deshaun pulls the zone read rolls out and Eric striker comes up to make the tackle and we flip the ball to legget. Stay back and cover the back and tight end and deshaun runs for 9 yards Our o can't be stopped.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mike Stoops got problems.

Dec 23, 2015, 9:39 PM

We will get 400 yards +, likely 500 yards. What should be scary is that can come from any combination of running-gallman, Watson as well as passing. The only way we are stopped is if we stop ourselves, turnovers. Watson seems to not throw interceptions in big games and I think our peeps understand the importance of not fumbling the ball. I think we play a virtually error free game as far as big penalties and turnovers. I think we make enough stops on defense and they don't make enough stops and we win. Only question in my mind is will it be by 3 or by 20. Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2015, 9:49 PM

I remember reading that Dabo said he liked to throw deep about 10 -12 times a game ,.,
Now when have we thrown deep that much ., I still think Dabo has limited the offense shown in the
games so far .,

We had something in the Tank when we needed it against tOSU ,.,LSU ,., FSU ,. so Go Tigers .,

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2015, 9:52 PM

Exactly, remember the d venables coached up against lsu? Mallicaih Goldman had 4.5 sacks. Our d played lights out and usually do when bv has time to prepare.

Biggest advantage over last year is Cole not being there

Dec 23, 2015, 9:58 PM

To embarrass them again. At least DW was in NY

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2015, 9:58 PM

I personal think FSU was our toughest test defensively. They may not be the toughest, but that was the most athletic group we faced alongside ND. It took us a while to warm up but we were clicking in the second half.
The OB will be a clash of two teams very good on both sides of the ball. It'll be interesting to see if it turns to a defensive affair or a shoutout. With out offense, I'm inclined to think the latter.
I think we put up 400+ yards and score 30+ points. I will be shocked if we score less. As you said it can come from anywhere which is why we're so good.

Also, to what the last poster said, we have not broken out the whole playbook. I know for a fact (roomate is a player) that we have run some trick plays all year in practice and we are waiting for the right time to use them. Maybe we will, maybe we won't. But trust me, they're cool and they are very clever.

Dec 23, 2015, 10:10 PM

Also when I say trick plays I'm talking chad Morris and bill belichek got together and got drunk and talked trick plays.
I love our co-ocs

Dec 24, 2015, 12:47 AM

> Also when I say trick plays I'm talking chad Morris
> and bill belichek got together and got drunk and
> talked trick plays.
> I love our co-ocs

Awesome :D

Dec 24, 2015, 11:04 AM

That's why stopping the run outnumbered will determine if OU wins this game.
First ingredient the sooners have done to everybody all year.

Clemson on other hand has Mack on the outside that can play one v one. Clemson can rotate coverage to shell the other side of the field and commit more numbers in stopping the run. Mack Island..
I've seen a quite a few times.

FYI- You can disguise man as zone and zone as man without having to commit numbers.

There was a play from earlier this year... OU on D. West Virginia on O
WVU sent a WR in motion from field side all the way to the boundary with a corner shadowing him across the field. Seems like man..The OU DBs talked adjusted and rotated coverage to fit scheme. (missing from last year)
Ball is hiked. Its Zone. QB doesn't have his first/second reads. Sack, fumble.
They've been much better in secondary with communication and taking first/second reads.

After stopping the run,
OU will need to do this to DW. Make DW hold onto the ball and contain him.( easier said than done)
I don't think OU is going to stop the unpredictable DW run.. its almost impossible.
Its the predicted called QB run we need to stop to slow down this O.

Dec 24, 2015, 11:14 AM

I just don't think OU had the front 7 to be able to stop the run (Wayne and Deshaun) without stacking the box. If they have 5 DBs and 2 linebackers, Deshaun will pull it very quick if nobody's open. That's an automatic 5 yards for him on average.

Also, I love the matchup of our DL + Ben against OU OL

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic