Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Might be best to move on/away from Belk.....(long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,976

Might be best to move on/away from Belk.....(long)

May 23, 2018, 7:44 AM

while it was disappointing and causes some short term issue with DL depth and most likely changes the recruiting a bit, unless we have major injuries across the front, Belk has was not going to matter in 2018 in terms of our winning and losing the ACC or the Natty. He simply wasnt that kind of player. Dont forget, until his Army AA game practices, he was considered a 3 star player from a small school in SC. Nothing against him, but I will guarantee you that, week in and week out, he didn't face the competition at 1A Lewisville HS that Darnell Jeffries faced at Newton County in GA HS 7A where he banged against the best. That lack of competition, in a very physical position, most likely, had something to do with his probable difficulty in adjusting to D1 competition. Plus he left HS early and probably wasn't mature enough to handle that either and, yes, the coaches did dote on him in the Spring and maybe deservedly so or maybe to try to make him comfortable and appreciated - who knows - but I didnt see him blowing up any of the 1st team OL in the Spring game?

Given that he has a personal lawyer or more likely a handler is a another reason to move on and away from him. While we may not want to consider this or surely not admit to it, recruiting at the D1 level can get a bit "complicated" in terms of the "rules" and that happens everywhere and it always has. Yes, it is much worse with and at some schools than others and I'm not saying that our staff did anything like that but, you never know what goes on out there with boosters, etc. Regardless, if there was a hint of any of that, the attorney would be positioned to pounce, otherwise, Belk and his family could have played the "sick mama" story without the attorney and been just fine, media wise.

Dabo is a very SMART and SAVVY with branding and marketing. The Belk situation and whatever could have come with it had the potential to damage that and he very wisely cut ties quickly and professionally. Personally, I dont see UGA messing with this guy because A) they don't need him right now , B) he will be a distraction and C) they dont want to start a war with Dabo. So Carolina already is known for taking questionable kids - check the GA HS schools they like to recruit and their handlers, thus i'm sure he will fit right in with them.

Dont wish him the best, just forget about him, until he plays us and then just make sure we give him all he wants and more and watch him tap out when it's nut crunching time - karma.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Might be best to move on/away from Belk.....(long)

May 23, 2018, 7:59 AM

Like you, I went back to watch some of him in the spring game. He did not play like I would have expected from the buildup. That's not to say he couldn't develop into a great player.

My guess, and while I hate to speculate, is that he's always gotten away with his size & strength. He may have been frustrated with BV's methods of coaching technique & responsibilities. Our DL is not coached to just go to the ball, or shoot a gap. They have to read blocking schemes, and react correctly. Not always easy to learn, and why so many of our guys take time to develop. When they do learn? ....just check NFL rosters.

He would be best served to end the drama, enroll at USuc, and stick to the story.

This lawyer is acting more and more like an agent***

May 23, 2018, 8:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Might be best to move on/away from Belk.....(long)

May 23, 2018, 8:25 AM

I agree. We do not need someone like him on our team.Way to go Dabo.

Disagree with you on the UGA part...

May 23, 2018, 10:32 AM

Kirby has already started a war with Dabo with the recruiting shenanigans like 'car problems'.

That program is Ole Mi$$ 2.0 right now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,976
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic