Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Miami vs Florida. Too early??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Miami vs Florida. Too early??

Aug 14, 2019, 10:43 AM

I mean August 24? It's gonna feel like a preseason game. I'm not remotely in football mode yet

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m ready.

Aug 14, 2019, 11:00 AM

Spot the ball.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was ready last month

Aug 14, 2019, 11:01 AM

even watching replays has been good

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Miami vs Florida. Too early??

Aug 14, 2019, 11:07 AM

Joke???

Aug 14, 2019, 11:10 AM

My Football mode is in gear

mine isn't

Aug 14, 2019, 1:01 PM

And I follow college football real closely during the year. Like all the way down to checking FCS scores each week. But when it's not football season I go on to other things

Re: mine isn't

Aug 14, 2019, 1:04 PM

European soccer starting is exciting and the FedEx cup playoffs is on which is great but I cannot wait for college football so the sooner the better imo. What sports season are you in right now that makes u want football not to start?

Tennis, the euro soccer leagues just started

Aug 15, 2019, 12:15 AM

and honestly my new poker coverage job has been taking tons of time so my mind has been on the poker tour a lot recently.

Re: Tennis, the euro soccer leagues just started

Aug 15, 2019, 9:57 AM

What is considered tennis season? That is understandable if you have a job in a sports field that is running into football tho. I do not so I'm am ready for the weekends with some college football on. Just may have to go golf earlier in the day.

tennis season is pretty much year round

Aug 15, 2019, 10:17 AM

With pro events going on in every month of the year except December. But there are lulls and hot points. The May-September is the busiest time in the pros with the French open, Wimbledon, US open all falling in that time frame. Also masters events (the second highest level of event) like Montreal and Cincinnati happening.

The Australian open is the outlier by taking place in January.

Aug 14, 2019, 1:07 PM

I think I heard that the QB (Williams) for Miami is supposed to be very good, and he beat out the dork that transferred from OSU. If I heard correctly, Williams competed against Trevor Lawrence in some state championship games, and was supposedly was the 2nd best QB in GA behind TL16. If so, Miami might actually have a decent team this year. I'll watch that game with UF.

Aug 15, 2019, 12:05 PM

The problem there is it's Week 1 under a new regime. Miami may rebound under Manny Diaz but I doubt it's Week 1 and probably not fully this year. They could also swing and miss under Diaz too. They definitely rolled the dice on him.

Dan Mullen, on the other hand, might be the most underrated coach in college football. He quietly rebuilt Florida throughout last season - they improved pretty much every week - and he's pretty much the polar opposite of Kirby Smart...Mullen is a guy who has an impressive track record of success who has never, ever been the Flavor of the Month. He competed in the SEC West with Mississippi State - Mississippi State! - and now that he actually is coaching at a place that has superpower potential my suspicion is he'll shove UGA out of the way sooner rather than later.

Florida probably wins this one going away.

Is your wife using your account?***

Aug 14, 2019, 1:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Is your wife using your account?***

Aug 15, 2019, 10:15 AM

My wife won't start getting annoyed until about October

Aug 15, 2019, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Is your wife using your account?*** ]

then it will be like, "really are you going to spend all day Saturday watching TV and all day Sunday on the internet again this weekend?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My wife won't start getting annoyed until about October

Aug 15, 2019, 11:43 AM

I thought for a minute you were going to say Sunday on her!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love it

Aug 14, 2019, 1:40 PM

Little tasting schedule before the real season ramps up. And it makes sense for the schools in that they get an extra bye week out of it and more eyes on them for recruiting.

High School football in NC starts August 23rd***

Aug 15, 2019, 10:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

right high school has always started earlier

Aug 15, 2019, 10:18 AM

Too early. That's why this Miami/Florida game is gonna feel like a preaseason or high school game

Aug 15, 2019, 10:50 AM

There should be a few games this weekend to build up to the Miami/Florida game. Definitely not too early though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not a fan of any team opening with a "big" game - 8/24

Aug 15, 2019, 11:40 AM

is really pushing the envelope for ANY first game. That's not enough practice time...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic