Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Melusi and Dukes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,853

Melusi and Dukes

Oct 15, 2019, 5:09 PM

Why are we not redshirting either of them? It doesn't make sense. I understand playing one, but there is no reason to waste a year on both. I believe Dukes needs to redshirt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Melusi and Dukes

Oct 15, 2019, 5:17 PM

It's likely because the coaches think they'll both be depth and ready to go behind Lyn-J if or when ETN departs at the end of the 2019 season .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Experience for next year.***

Oct 15, 2019, 8:24 PM

Oct 15, 2019, 5:29 PM

Have either of them played in more than four games? If not, how do you know what Dabo's intent with them is. If so, that would be a good question for Tony.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2019, 5:35 PM

They’ll both play Tony said they would probably need both unless one got hurt before 4 games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Oct 15, 2019, 6:40 PM

I'm gonna go w the guys who have won 20 plus games in a row on this one over you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2019, 6:45 PM

Both need experience. We will have good depth there next season for sure. TE9 will probably go pro after this season; leaving Lynn J as your most experienced RB.
I think you are right: "unless they have not separated themselves enough" one would be a good insurance policy for next season.
We good though.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2019, 8:14 PM

1. We need depth and experience.
2. We have Bowman coming in next year...and he looks like a beast. There is likelihood you don't keep one of them all eligible years if he turns out to be what he looks like on tape.

Oct 15, 2019, 8:52 PM

Here's some food for thought:

Starting next year, all those great RB recruits that UGA typically wins in the recruiting battle with CLEMSON, well they might decide to play for a winner instead of an over-rated also-ran team like UGA. We might even start seeing some decommitments from those UGA RB recruits.

RB is a 'premium' position...

Oct 15, 2019, 9:05 PM

You never know what'll happen to ETN, Lyn-J, or Rencher...
It's good to have quality backups to the above mentioned RB's fresh and healthy...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2019, 9:22 PM

Basically you plan them because they are good and on the roster.

I would imagine the untold reason is, we can always go sign another Dukes or Melusi. So why not use them to keep Etienne fresh, and also develop so depth and them go sign 2 more to fill their spots next year.

Frankly, we're a machine right now and what ever gets used today, can be replaced tomorrow

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,853
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic