Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mcmichael going to the tar holes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Mcmichael going to the tar holes

Jul 20, 2019, 1:15 PM

Opens another slot in our #1 star studded 2029 class.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylermc22/status/1152624236609134592

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mcmichael going to the tar holes

Jul 20, 2019, 2:00 PM

He seems like a decisive young man. To announce you are entering the transfer portal, decide to transfer, and then work out a scholarship with a program in just 2 days is very impressive. Good for him and good for UNC for both being so decisive and making such a monumental decision in 48 hours. I'm in awe. Well done!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL Cheatin Hole are cheaters***

Jul 20, 2019, 2:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2019, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Mcmichael going to the tar holes ]

I do believe your sarcasm is showing. I'd say that Mack Brown is on a talent hunt across the ACC and leaving bread crumbs for any talented players who might be a target. Those talks have probably been going on for a month or more and may have started as soon as we moved Derion Kendrick to CB.

I think this portal thing maybe good for Clemson if we keep winning and attracting top talent. When a player enters the portal because he feels slighted, odds are good that he has been beaten out by a better player, which opens up an opportunity for us to go get an even better one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feaster to UNC then?***

Jul 20, 2019, 2:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 20, 2019, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Mcmichael going to the tar holes ]

I'd say that Mack Brown is on a talent hunt across the ACC and leaving bread crumbs for any talented players who might be a target..

He's doing a good job. He took a starter from VT, took Cam'Ron Kelly from Auburn and now McMichael. Mack can recruit as good as anyone and it's evident why so many kids were leaving UNC when he was hired only to end up at Sun Belt and CUSA schools. Mack told them they weren't good enough and to get get packing, and replaced them with guys who are.

I don't worry about anyone being on our level but I do think Mack can elevate UNC to Coastal's perennial power in short time.

Player Tampering Much U.of Non-Compliance

Jul 20, 2019, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Mcmichael going to the tar holes ]

I smell something foul.
All these kids have social media and friends they have networked with.
In today's "instant gratification" society - all it takes is for a kid to feel slighted
which doesn't take much.
Get him feeling more and more like his pro-chances are better elsewhere and viola.

The NCAA interferes when it shouldn't and does not get involved when it should. This was too quick and too decisive for it not to be foul.

**Best of luck to McMichael though!

Hopefully, he has learned a bunch and goes to U of Non-Compliance and makes plays. "Every time he does they will go - the former Clemson Tiger"! Free Recruiting pitch on somebody else's stage!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like UNC may have been tampering.***

Jul 21, 2019, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Mcmichael going to the tar holes ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2019, 2:39 PM

They suck. He should get plenty of PT.

Enjoy playing your Homecoming game in front of 38k

Jul 20, 2019, 3:12 PM

At “The Peoples’ Republic Of Chapel Hole”. They just took out 12,000 seats from their Stadium. By Senior year, he might get to play in the Sun Bowl!

38,000 is being very generous. How many straight times have

Jul 20, 2019, 6:28 PM

they lost to Duke and NC State?

Re: Enjoy playing your Homecoming game in front of 38k

Jul 20, 2019, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Enjoy playing your Homecoming game in front of 38k ]

svaughan said:

At “The Peoples’ Republic Of Chapel Hole”. They just took out 12,000 seats from their Stadium. By Senior year, he might get to play in the Sun Bowl!

svaughan said:

They didn't take out anything. Kenan stadium had the worst metal bleachers in the ACC. They were so crammed and in replacing them with more spacious stadium seating, it lowered the capacity. They never set out to lower anything, they improved the seating and the byproduct was that it lowered the capacity within the current framework.

Jul 20, 2019, 3:35 PM

Well , I guess we're becoming a fertile recruiting ground for second rate football programs .

No problem . We shall endure .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget that Mack Brown and Coach Swinney are

Jul 20, 2019, 4:18 PM

fairly close friends....McMichael may have asked for some guidance to other programs with better playing time opportunities...his removal to chapelhole may not be as surprising as some are attributing.....however, it ALSO does not exclude the reality that unc has cheated desperately in the past and could have crossed ethical boundaries in this case as well

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't forget that Mack Brown and Coach Swinney are

Jul 20, 2019, 6:40 PM

I doubt that is the case here. Sure they had an academic scandal over a period of 20 years, but never has Mack Brown Been implicated in any kind of dirty recruiting when he was at UNC formerly, nor at the University of Texas. He just happens to be an excellent recruiter and i would not be surprised to see Tarheels take over the role of top dog in the coastal division in the next couple of years.

And a lot of our recent success can be attributed to the fact that we have been able to cherry pick kids out of the tar heel state, guys like Dexter Lawrence, KJ Henry, and Justin Foster where gems. Mack Brown will win some of these battles down the road and pluck some out of SC as well. Fortunately we are a national brand and can find kids elsewhere. this will hurt the Gamecocks and Tennessee a lot more.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2019, 7:37 PM

UNC, Duke, and Wake Forest fans only talk about BBall year long. Often times they don't even know who their team is playing in football. I worked in Charlotte a few years and those fans are a trip. They're not bad people, but simply do not seem to care about football. I hope this young man finds what he is looking for, but fan support won't be one of those things.

Jul 20, 2019, 8:04 PM

UNC, Duke, and Wake Forest fans only talk about BBall year long. Often times they don't even know who their team is playing in football. I worked in Charlotte a few years and those fans are a trip. They're not bad people, but simply do not seem to care about football. I hope this young man finds what he is looking for, but fan support won't be one of those things.

There are more UNC football fans than most realize. My wife graduated from there and I have been surprised at how many UNC football fans you run across. If you go back to Mack's first stint and even Butch Davis stint, they would show out great. The issue is that anytime they build anything worth watching, some crap happens. Mack leaves. Scandal. They hire a crappy coach. Whatever. It's been brutal on them for the better part of 20 years but go back and watch some old football from Kenan. Go back and watch the 2010 Spring Game when UNC was going into the season with a title contending team. Heck, they've actually produced a lot of talent too.

I for one would like to to see them build something respectable for my wife.

Jul 20, 2019, 10:26 PM

Always cracks me up when a young person finishes their "I've changed my mind" announcement with "please respect my decision."

My personal code of honor is to respect their decision exactly as much as they did.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic