Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The setup is on
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

The setup is on

Nov 1, 2018, 9:55 AM

Why LSU at 3?

So if Bama loses, 2 SEC teams can still get in.

Interest will be higher nationwide if it's ND, BigTen, ACC, SEC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is the thing....With Bama up to a 17pt Favorite

Nov 1, 2018, 9:59 AM

A loss by them to LSU becomes hard to explain, especially if somehow Bama loses by more than 1 score. I hate to pull for Bama in this game but Bama eliminating LSU AND essentially making Bama actually play a Conf Championship game is a good outcome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then insert Georgia...

Nov 1, 2018, 10:09 AM

If Bama does beat LSU then Bama will most likely play Georgia in the championship game.

Then IF Georgia beats Bama in the championship game, then we have last year all over again.

Bama with 1 loss and Georgia with 1 loss. Then both get in "because they are in the SEC"

Georgia is not going to beat Bama in the SECCG.***

Nov 1, 2018, 10:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I agree...

Nov 1, 2018, 10:14 AM

That's why I emphasized IF.

It's just a scenario we have to be ready for

The SEC thinks they are always a lock with the next team up mentality.

LSU loses, next team up is Georgia unless Kentucky beats them (likely not) then it will be Kentucky up

I think Georgia is going to throttle Kentucky...

Nov 1, 2018, 10:19 AM

but it certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings to see Georgia lose.

I also think Bama is going to pound LSU.

Should those two things occur, it sets-up a Bama v. Kentucky SECCG; a game Bama will absolutely dominate. Of all the grossly over-hyped and over-inflated teams in the $EC, Kentucky takes the prize.

The end result; Georgia, LSU and Kentucky will all be eliminated from the CFP picture.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would be ideal

Nov 1, 2018, 2:43 PM

because there is no outcome where an SEC team isn't in the playoffs

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see that scenario differently

Nov 1, 2018, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Then insert Georgia... ]

I think the committee has shown (somewhat paradoxically) that you don't get a mulligan on a loss in a conference championship game last year with Wisconsin losing in their conf championship game and dropping out.

If Bama were to lose to UGA (don't think it'd happen) and not win the SEC, I'm not sure they get a bid.

Re: Then insert Georgia...

Nov 1, 2018, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Then insert Georgia... ]

Georgia isn't done losing in the regular season.

Re: Then insert Georgia...

Nov 1, 2018, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Then insert Georgia... ]

In any scrnario where Bama loses we get screwed b/c they will bump us to #1 and then Bama will get in at 4 and Saban gets 6 weeks to prep on you then we have a tough row to hoe.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Bama somehow slipped up and lost to this over-rated LSU

Nov 1, 2018, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Here is the thing....With Bama up to a 17pt Favorite ]

team who somehow got lucky and caught Georgia with their pants completely down, Bama wouldn't even play the SEC championship. Again. Just like last year. LSU would likely play Georgia again, and lose. Then what? We get Bama and Georgia both in the Playoff again? Sheesh. I hate Bama... It sucks that they have to be so dang good at the same time we are the best we've ever been.

Maybe we can get the Browns to go after Saban***

Nov 1, 2018, 10:18 AM

So we can hear all of the Dabo to Bama bull$#!7

Nov 1, 2018, 10:21 AM

I think Saban's bruised ego is still healing from his last stint in the NFL.

Re: Maybe we can get the Browns to go after Saban***

Nov 1, 2018, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Maybe we can get the Browns to go after Saban*** ]

Saban already did hard time in Cleveland. Four years as DC for Belichik. Called it the worst four years of his life.

There will be two SEC teams in the top four next week

Nov 1, 2018, 10:06 AM

When (not if) Bama beats the over-rated LSU team, LSU will drop only slightly and linger in the conversation. When (not if) Jawja beats the over-rated Kentucky team, they will be vaulted to the top 4, and Kentucky will barely take a hit - also remaining somehow relevant. The thing with the SEC is that when they "beat up on each other," the winner always rises in the rankings farther than the loser falls. It is very frustrating to watch because it perpetuates their nonsensical strength of schedule.

I truly would not be surprised to see Bama, Georgia, and LSU all in the top four or five within the next few weeks. It is ridiculous.

The only good takeaway I can see is that LSU will have at least two losses. Georgia will have at least two losses (SEC championship). Hopefully they won't be within a score; and they will, at least, get knocked out of the top four for good.

LSU will drop like a rock

Nov 1, 2018, 10:21 AM

Two losses and they're done. No need to remain in the conversation, because they won't be in the SECCG, either. Likewise, Georgia can hover to keep 'talking points interesting', but, they'll plummet with their next loss, too. SEC won't have two participants this year. Not. Happening.

Notre Dame won't make it, either. Honestly, it's a c-rap shoot who 3 and 4 will ultimately be...the gap just seems so wide.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are all forgetting

Nov 1, 2018, 10:25 AM

The Wolverines. They are very much in the running for a position in the top tier. Frankly I hope they don’t make it but they are popular with the “experts!

Harbaugh can't beat Ohio State...

Nov 1, 2018, 10:29 AM

If he does, Michigan will get in the CFP.

At the end of the day, I think it's going to be Alabama, Clemson, Michigan and Notre Dame.

Re: Harbaugh can't beat Ohio State...

Nov 1, 2018, 10:37 AM

I am with you in in Bama, Clemson, ND, and Michigan. If for no other reason because I live by the IN / MI border where it is a 50/50 split more or less between those last two teams. Will give me a reason to fly my car flags the entire month of December and hopefully longer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are all forgetting

Nov 1, 2018, 2:41 PM [ in reply to You are all forgetting ]

They won't beat OSU

So who do you see beating Notre Dame?

Nov 1, 2018, 10:26 AM [ in reply to LSU will drop like a rock ]

Their remaining schedule is @Northwestern (5-3), FSU (4-4), Syracuse (6-2), and @Southern Cal (4-4)

Re: So who do you see beating Notre Dame?

Nov 1, 2018, 11:10 AM

Northwestern could be a sneaky upset against ND. And don't forget about Syracuse. Syracuse loves to upset teams. It's college football. Anything can happens. These are just kids. Go Tigers.

Re: So who do you see beating Notre Dame? Syracuse***

Nov 1, 2018, 11:14 AM [ in reply to So who do you see beating Notre Dame? ]

Re: So who do you see beating Notre Dame? Syracuse***

Nov 1, 2018, 11:25 AM

Sure. Why not? They have a fast paced high scoring offense and they're upset minded. Notre Dame has struggled at times this year. I would expect a close game there, if not an upset.

Re: So who do you see beating Notre Dame?

Nov 1, 2018, 11:50 AM [ in reply to So who do you see beating Notre Dame? ]

I will bite. I say FSU beats them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That'll leave a mark***

Nov 1, 2018, 2:46 PM

Honestly, any one of them is capable

Nov 1, 2018, 2:44 PM [ in reply to So who do you see beating Notre Dame? ]

If I had to put money on it, though, I would say Cuse.

Re: LSU will drop like a rock

Nov 1, 2018, 10:26 AM [ in reply to LSU will drop like a rock ]

Unless they lose ND will be in.

As well they should be (should they go undefeated)***

Nov 1, 2018, 10:27 AM

Re: As well they should be (should they go undefeated)***

Nov 1, 2018, 11:51 AM

I don't think you will see two sec teams again no time soon . There is already a lot of grumbling from the PAC , BIG , BIG 12 , the little guys . They wont stand for two sec teams again . It will blow the whole thing up . If our champion was left out Swofford would earn his keep .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NOPE***

Nov 1, 2018, 12:29 PM [ in reply to There will be two SEC teams in the top four next week ]

Re: NOPE***

Nov 1, 2018, 2:49 PM

You don't think Georgia sneaks into the top 4? I have to admit, it'll be hard to pass Michigan. But, I can see it happening. And, If the Bama-LSU game is a close LSU win (it won't be), those two could stay in the top 4.

Here's the way I see it.

Nov 1, 2018, 12:39 PM

The SEC probably isn't as good as ESPiN says but Imo, the SEC is probably the strongest conference. Bama may not be all they are chalked up to be but they are still one of the top teams. Maybe not #3 but certainly in the top ten. If you disagree say so.

If LSU beats Bama they warrant a shot at the playoff and Bama proved that having one loss doesn't merit being left out of the playoff.

The issue you have is with the other conference for failing to have a pronounced conference champion. The B1G, PAC and Big 12 are perhaps no weaker than the ACC but the ACC has an outstanding champion. Unfortunately for those of us who aren't satisfied with the PO system it's all we have and so far it has crowned the best team in the country every year. The BCS did not.

Whether we're satisfied or not is according to how well we can remember the BCS and the talking heads pushing their favs to the top and ruining the computer models. At lease we have human who are fairly objective making the selections.

We can do better but we've come a long way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The setup is on

Nov 1, 2018, 12:56 PM

I'm OK with this.

Although I'm biased because I went to Clemson, LSU and I go to Georgia.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's way more fluidity in the CFP Rankings week-to-week

Nov 1, 2018, 1:10 PM

than the traditional polls.

People always forget about what happened the last week of the 2014 season:

TCU was number 3 going into the last week at 10-1. They didn't play a CCG in the Big 12 then but everyone in the league played a last conference game the same weekend that the other CCGs were played. TCU destroyed Iowa State 55-3 claiming a share of the Big 12 Title. They're a shoe-in to stay at #3 right? Wrong--they get bumped all the way to #6 in the final ranking!

Also, the top 4 in that first 2014 Rankings was:

1. Miss St
2. FSU
3. Auburn
4. Ole Miss

That's how much the Committee moves people around, even from week-to-week. It's way too early to get worked up about where the SEC teams are right now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic