Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maybe my memory is fading from old age or perhaps...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,930

Maybe my memory is fading from old age or perhaps...

Jun 17, 2019, 2:33 PM

I continue to maintain my power of remembering things how I choose to remember them. How about y'all helping an old man out a bit.

I never remember spending the entire off season making excuses for losing especially when we got 'blowed out,' by West Virginna. Seems like we were ready to fire a whole lot of coaches and even a few administrators but I only remember trying to figure out what the problem was so we could fix it. I remember making excuses but not for this.

I'll add a note for the Bama fans, take some advise and work on figuring out the problems in your program instead of listening to Finebaum making excuses. There is no excuse for getting embarrassed by 'Little Ole Clemson.'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Loser make excuses when they lose.

Jun 17, 2019, 2:43 PM

Winners "make hay."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More excuses/"reasoned" anger over 24-6, mayhaps because...

Jun 17, 2019, 2:44 PM

Clemson fans have become more entitled with all the winning? Alabama handed Clemson its arse in that 2018 game, score not entirely indicative of the butt-whoopin'.

WVU was 2011-12, that's a long time ago with a lot of winning since. We'd finished 6-7 the year prior, lost again to UofSuCk, Nov. of 2011, and though Clemson won the ACC[VPI&SU was favored], there were real weaknesses.

A lot of embarrassment over that OB loss, heads would roll and not just coaches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of us recognized that we were understaffed at QB.

Jun 17, 2019, 3:22 PM

It was clear to most if not all the sports writers that Clemson was half a offense without a serious downfield threat throwing the ball.

Some of us knew that going in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you're referring to KB2, the excuses didn't begin or end

Jun 17, 2019, 3:26 PM

there, it was a long, tiring diatribe on Bama/ESPN/CFPC had an extra week because they didn't play in the SEC title game. It was unfair, their players were afforded time to rest/heal others weren't and they had an extra week to game plan against Clemson.

No team that doesn't win their Conference or fail to even play for one should be there
, even though the rules clearly state it's not a must have. It was ESPN/CFPC conspiracy and on and on and on and on...

It was absurd and that's just the tip.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I share in the blame for that too.

Jun 17, 2019, 3:37 PM

I looked forward to a new tomorrow though.

Haha, you're a good man, '88; don't let any1 say different.***

Jun 17, 2019, 3:38 PM

I agree 100%...and for those of us who attended the

Jun 17, 2019, 3:08 PM

West Virginia debacle, it was an offseason made even more painful by the constant jabbing of usuck fans and the usuck oriented media in most of SC.

And therein lies the problem. Clemson fans, players, staff, etc., listened to their crap without stop....quietly, with dignity, acceptance and WITHOUT MAKING EXCUSES for the loss. But these 'Bama/SEC apologists have a daily nationwide media forum in the person of Paul Finebaum and they not only will not accept the reality that our Tigers beat the crap out of a team THEY were calling one of the best in history....but they've expanded the excuse palate to illogical proportions.....and because of that daily nationwide excuse platform, SEC world feels it gives their lame reasoning legitimacy.....

Soon, I won't be surprised if Finebaum-Nation takes a page out of someone else's strategy notebook and simply decry the national championship as fake news and that the game never happened.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree 100%...and for those of us who attended the

Jun 17, 2019, 3:12 PM

44-16. 'Nuff said.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of the sport media maintain that Clemson stomped...

Jun 17, 2019, 3:27 PM [ in reply to I agree 100%...and for those of us who attended the ]

the tar water out of Bama. However, Bama players lead the way for their fans and conference backed media to excuse the loss. Since that post game presser they've discovered many new ways to claim
legitimate excuses for the loss.

I pay no attention to SEC network and sec fans including Finebaum but I unintentionally keep up with it by reading Tnet and the football board.

Re: Maybe my memory is fading from old age or perhaps...

Jun 17, 2019, 3:14 PM

I give Dabo a lot of credit for not acting like Bama when we lose, I guess. Its been so long since we did I dont remember for sure. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, there's a significant difference between how Clemson..

Jun 17, 2019, 3:33 PM

fans viewed our loss to Bama. Some of us looked forward to a better quarterback being on his way. Bama seems to have no such hope.

Saban when through a type of transition to dual threat type QB and an offense which suits them about five or six years ago. Meanwhile Dabo was working toward what we have now. Imo, we have the only DC who could really slow our offense down. Others are trying to mimic him but he's still the vanguard and exploring new twist.

Just between the two of us, I think Saban has won his last championship. He's and Bama are playing catch up just like every other program in the nation.

Agree for the most part with your last line. Nicki MIGHT get

Jun 17, 2019, 4:06 PM

one more. This year will decide it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Clemson pulls Saban again, Nick will pound Clemson's

Jun 17, 2019, 4:16 PM

middle and test the Tiger's depth. I doubt he allows his OC to get into a boat race next time.

CU's middle will have to grow up quickly. BV's defense had an issue with busts up the middle, even Wilkins' freshman year, so run fits will be a premium and tested with short XP coming back.

I like the Joes, but I don't believe Clemson will just miss Christian's leadership, that dude put in HUGH snaps in the middle and on the edge. I doubt Pinkney will come close to those snaps, not because he's not good, because he's not the E'er Ready Bunny Christian was, meaning we'll see more of the 2s & 3s and some real lack of PT to back them up.

And that's not even taking into consideration questions & XP at MLB.

Clemson's got the staff to make the magic happen, BV will need to work on his slight of hand.

I pay no attention...

Jun 17, 2019, 4:00 PM

to the $EC network and/or $EC fans (especially that dolt Paul Finebaum).

Their unadulterated self-righteous homerism precludes them from being even remotely objective.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Maybe my memory is fading from old age or perhaps...

Jun 17, 2019, 4:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,930
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic