Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maybe, Monte shouldnt had this team so "relaxed" before...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1,889

Maybe, Monte shouldnt had this team so "relaxed" before...

May 22, 2019, 9:18 AM

As a previous article on Tigernet read. Monte said, "his team is relaxed going into the tournament and is ready for anything". Not ready for the #12 seed team (the worst in the tournament)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I picked up on that too. Good point. Monte seems to me

May 22, 2019, 9:41 AM

loves the long ball and he believes in the power offense that I must admit, I love as well. However, it's not working when these guys are up with a .215 avg. and four homers on the year this late in the season.
I wish we could work on averages a little more and when the ball goes out, it goes out. I'm not saying the entire team follows the homerun rainbow to the pot of gold but situational hitting helps us move guys around the diamond when we desperately we need the run.

Just too many disappointing averages on this team at this point. I will not even go into the bullpen but there are obviously some issues there as well. Hopefully if we do miss the tournament it will be a wake up call to the returning players to work harder next season.

Yeah...

May 22, 2019, 9:43 AM

they needed to settle in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Precisely! Well put and here, here... !

May 22, 2019, 9:52 AM

I think....

Re: Maybe, Monte shouldnt had this team so "relaxed" before...

May 22, 2019, 12:33 PM

It's casual.

May 22, 2019, 12:38 PM

Monte gave them too much candy.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

May 22, 2019, 12:58 PM

YEP THAT AWFUL TEAM THAT IS SHUTTING OUT THE NUMBER 7 TEAM IN THE COUNTRY IN THE 6TH LAST I SAW. THAT AWFUL TEAM.

May 22, 2019, 1:10 PM

deroberts said:

YEP THAT AWFUL TEAM THAT IS SHUTTING OUT THE NUMBER 7 TEAM IN THE COUNTRY IN THE 6TH LAST I SAW. THAT AWFUL TEAM.

Your baseball schtick is worse than Judge Keller’s basketball schtick. You know full well how the coaches approach the ACC tourney. BC and Clemson had everything to play for. Louisville is prepping for an Omaha run. We choked plain and simple when it mattered. Trying to argue the transitive property of baseball because BC is shutting out Louisville is beneath even your limited intellect.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

May 22, 2019, 1:14 PM

WELL WHO CAN ARGUE WITH A TIGER EATING A HAMBURGER. SORRY VIZCOOT.

May 22, 2019, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe, Monte shouldnt had this team so "relaxed" before... ]

OR IT COULD BE THAT THIS TEAM JUST ISNT THAT GOOD. OR MAYBE IT COULD BE NOT HAVING 2 STARTING PITCHERS FOR THE YEAR AND 2 MORE WE WERE DEPENDING ON THAT GAVE US NOTHING. EVERY TEAM HAS A DOWN YEAR EVERY NOW AND THEN. HEY VIZCOOT WOULD IT IMPROVE MY INTELLECT IF I GOT ME ONE OF THOSE CROWNS LIKE YOU GOT.

May 22, 2019, 3:09 PM

weird that we fired a a Hall of Famer who only missed the post-season once in 22 years but his replacement gets excuses for a nearly identical performance. Jack took every 4 year player to commit to Clemson to Omaha at least once for his first 17 years. We fired him one year after breaking that incredible streak. Monte only has 3 seasons on his contract and will very likely get yet another extension without doing anything of significance. And no, winning the Durham rotisserie his first season does not count.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

May 22, 2019, 3:45 PM

EVERYONE KNOWS I WAS A HUGE JACK FAN BUT HE BROUGHT HIS FIRING ON HIMSELF BY BEING HARD HEADED. ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS MAKE A COUPLE OF TWEEKS TO THE STAFF, MOSTLY GET RID OF PEP, AND HE MIGHT STILL BE HERE. THIS IS YEAR 4 FOR MONTE. LETS SEE IF HE TWEEKS HIS STAFF. WE GOT A LOT OF GOOD YOUNG TALENT AND MORE ON THE WAY.

May 22, 2019, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe, Monte shouldnt had this team so "relaxed" before... ]

HEY VIZCOOT, LEWISVILLE CAN GO AHEAD AND GET READY FOR THEIR RUN TO OMAHA. JUST GOT 3 HIT BY ANOTHER SH!TTY PITCHER FROM A BAD TEAM. WHY EVEN MAKE THE TRIP. IT MEANT NOTHING.

May 22, 2019, 3:26 PM

They didn't start their best pitcher and pulled him after 3 shut out innings. That's demonstrably being more concerned with keeping your starters fresh for the NCAA tournament that worrying about winning this one game. They're still a top 8 RPI an likely national seed. They may be slightly more motivated to beat us now though.

May 22, 2019, 3:49 PM

The thing is, they beat BC today and our game tomorrow means nothing as well because they would be in regardless.

It's a bit of nonsense to say they were keeping their pitching fresh for a regional that begins in 8-9 days.

May 22, 2019, 6:25 PM

They lost to BC today 5-1 and explain why they take their number 2 starter out after 3 shut out innings if you aren't deliberately spreading work around. The only time he's been pulled before 5 innings all season is when he has surrendered 6 or more runs. The coaches chose this format specifically to be as advantageous as possible to the rest of the post season.

May 23, 2019, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe, Monte shouldnt had this team so "relaxed" before... ]

shocking zero posts from Viztiz today

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

May 22, 2019, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe, Monte shouldnt had this team so "relaxed" before... ]

LOL you offer comic relief everytime you make one of your ignorant post .
The sad part is this stuff make you steaming mad.
You are a nut job

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 7:06 PM

Well ... ready for anything but that !! -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1,889
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic