Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maria Taylor is just doing her job
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 76
| visibility 1

Maria Taylor is just doing her job

Sep 1, 2018, 11:55 PM

Saban is a total jerk!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maria Taylor is just doing her job

Sep 1, 2018, 11:56 PM

What a jack ask.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2018, 11:57 PM

What happed? Y'all got me curious! ??

Sep 2, 2018, 12:00 AM

Maria asked him to give his views on the QBs performance and he said something along the lines of "I'm tired of people trying to get me to say something disrespectful of one of them" in a really ###### tone.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Sep 2, 2018, 12:03 AM

No, she said "everyone had questions as to who was going to start at quarterback before this game started, what answers did you have about your quarterbacks after watching them both play tonight". Basically looking for him to name the main guy.

You can complain when Dabo answers the same question.... Without a dodge, without a coach speak answer.

Dabo did dodge that question at the halftime interview***

Sep 2, 2018, 12:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo did dodge that question at the halftime interview***

Sep 2, 2018, 12:13 AM

Bingo he dodged it... He didn't want to answer it any more than Saban did. My point exactly. Think if Trevor Lawrence outperforms Kelly next week. Think the question won't come up? ;)

Thought the point was how Saban answered, not that he was asked.

Sep 2, 2018, 1:36 AM

I have no side here.. just reading the thread.. didn't even hear the interview. But OP was saying Saban acted like a dbag. Did Dabo act like a Dbag when asked? Didn't hear his interview either..

Peace and love ?
Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 2, 2018, 12:58 AM [ in reply to Dabo did dodge that question at the halftime interview*** ]

Dabo named a starter Monday of game week. Saban still won’t say Tua is the starter.

Sep 2, 2018, 4:20 AM

Saban’s tone was snippy, but question asked X 100 and he has made it obvious all of the other previous times he is not going to pick a qb in the media. He doesn’t have to pick one, We didn’t, and when or if he does he will announce it to the media. Asked/answered move on

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Listened to it.. she didn't ask him who he liked better. She

Sep 2, 2018, 11:30 AM

Just asked what he learned from watching his qbs. Its an easy answer: We affirmed that we have 2 great qbs thats can help lead our O when called upon. That's all he had to say.

null

Sep 2, 2018, 12:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Maria Taylor is just doing her job ]

Obviously you've never heard of paraphrasing but continue to be a prick for absolutely no reason.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Sep 2, 2018, 12:16 AM

How am I being a prick by calling you guys out for the hypocracy... Dabo didn't answer the question in today's interview. The exact same question. but yet you want to hate Saban for a saying he doesn't want to answer it..stop asking?

Sep 2, 2018, 1:13 AM

What is “hypocracy”? Is that similar to the oath doctor’s take?

Sep 2, 2018, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Maria Taylor is just doing her job ]

I think the complaint here is more about how Saban responded. Not about him dodging the question.

Sep 2, 2018, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Maria Taylor is just doing her job ]

You can’t help but be a prick

Sep 2, 2018, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Maria Taylor is just doing her job ]

Tiger man 78,
I heard the pre-game question. Saban was sullen and a jerk! As I was taught, “It is not what you say, but how you say it.” Taylor was merely doing her job. Dabo is not Saban. As coach he is certainly capable of addressing questions, but nowhere in his contract does it require him to do so. He was polite and did absolutely nothing wrong so if you have a problem email or text him. Everyone knows he is not perfect, but his treatment of media is first rate.

Quit seemingly calling out people, Dabo especially, in your posts and you will find others herein to be more respectful regarding your comments. Controversy is not necessary.

Go Tigers ??!!

Sep 2, 2018, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Maria Taylor is just doing her job ]

Dabo named a starter. You are acting like a dbag

Sep 2, 2018, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Maria Taylor is just doing her job ]

Post game she asked Satan a very obvious and easy question about “what he learned about his QBs”. Rather than answer the question honestly, he jumped on her and said “quit asking me that!”

Just rude and uncivil.

Sep 2, 2018, 12:25 AM

And the last question before he entered the game while on the sidelines was " there's been some controversy at the QB position. Can you tell us who's your starting QB"... Asked by Maria. His response was"you'll see in 10 seconds". Sorry, I applaud him like I will Dabo in a few weeks.

Sep 2, 2018, 12:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Maria Taylor is just doing her job ]

"But I still like both guys. I think both guys are good players. I think both guys can help our team. Okay so why do you continually get me to say something that doesn't respect one of them? I'm not going to, so quit asking"

That's exactly what he said... Find the rude in that.
You'd be clapping if Dabo said that.

Sep 2, 2018, 12:00 AM

Lol, nope. Needed to be said. Expect Dabo in a press conference to eventually say something similar.... Like he did with the C-ing. They are trying to get the coach to play favorites and say a favorite. He's shown all the way to the kick off he's keeping it in house. They need to drop it.

Sep 2, 2018, 12:04 AM

Maria had the first interview with him immediately after the game. Is she not supposed to ask that question? There is fresh new data about the QBs now in a real game. It is relevant, timely and a solid question.

Now, if it’s Thursday and he’s been asked 100 times that question, sure, go ahead and get snarky. But not in that moment.

Let the lady do her job.

Sep 2, 2018, 12:07 AM

They asked it 100 times... In every interview he did the last several weeks. Let it go. Yes, she is doing her job and he knows that. His message wasnt to Maria, it was to ESPN.

Sep 2, 2018, 12:11 AM

Nuck Fick Saban and the whole Banana Rammers program!

Sep 2, 2018, 12:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Maria Taylor is just doing her job ]

She asked it the first time in this case. Reasonable to think he may have an opinion after seeing one QB is obviously better.

Dabo’s situation is not as clear cut. Saban is ignoring the obvious. Is he trying to keep the element of surprise there so Arkansas State won’t know who his starter is? Or is he scared of Jalen Hurts and his dad?

Sep 2, 2018, 12:19 AM

Dabo's is no different. Kelly underperformed to his FCS games last year, Trevor beat his quarterback rating by over 50 points. They can ask him that now and have a good reason to. That some of you seem to think that Dabo shouldn't need to answer it but Nick Saban should. Get your head out of the sand.

Sep 2, 2018, 12:28 AM

Dabo entertained and answered all questions. Both will still play. And reasonable people can still believe Bryant playing may give Clemson the best shot to win for now. Reasonable people can disagree with that too. Saban wouldn’t touch it and just got unnecessarily nasty.

Funny contrast to the Saban in December when he was in Charlotte groveling to ESPN on Gameday. He was taking all questions politely that day.

And ESPN is good to him. They pretty much just admitted that “Rolling with the Tide” series was to help Saban combat negative recruiting to show they do actually have fun at Bama.

Sep 2, 2018, 12:36 AM

Just responded earlier..

"But I still like both guys. I think both guys are good players. I think both guys can help our team. Okay so why do you continually get me to say something that doesn't respect one of them? I'm not going to, so quit asking"

That's exactly what he said... Find the rude in that.
You'd be clapping if Dabo said that. And yes, I can record it and play it on here. I have it paused.

Sep 2, 2018, 1:00 AM

Go ahead and post it here please. It was rude.

Sep 2, 2018, 1:09 AM

https://youtu.be/-wfbuxNFIWM

Don't forget, you asked for it. See if I didn't phrase it exact. *Mic drop

Sep 2, 2018, 1:12 AM

Yes. Now everyone can form their own opinion.

Thanks for your efforts in taking the time to transcribe Saban’s friending comments. Next time, be sure to include exclamation points and hand waving gestures when he goes off.

Sep 2, 2018, 1:15 AM

he went off because he has been asked well over a hundred times and nearly every interview he's done this last week... It's amazing how you can understand that. It's like Dabo being asked about clemsoning. You should know what word is there with an ing at the end. I know you think he's the devil and you hate him and for some reason you want to kill him and murder him and everything, but he's beaten us twice no matter how many times you whine. He is tired of being told he has to choose right now, it's no different than Dabo.

Sep 2, 2018, 1:20 AM

He was rude. It’s clear on the recording. And yet again, it was a valid question to ask for the FIRST time immediately after the game. Unless his assistant coaches had been asking him on the sidelines during the game, no one had yet asked him this question now that he has the benefit of actual game performance to help him with his decision.

He doesn’t have to say “Jalen sucks” or “I hate Jalen”. He doesn’t even need to answer it if he doesn’t want to.

But to get salty over her asking the question everyone knew she would ask is absurd.

Sep 2, 2018, 1:21 AM

Go back and watch Dabo when the media added him about C-ing. See if he had the same sound. Give me a break.. you guys are reading way too far into it. He is simply being a good coach that is not going to be forced into choosing a side. Get over it

Sep 2, 2018, 1:36 AM

C-ing is not the same thing as a depth chart question. It is just a depth chart question.

When Dabo named ETN and Choice as RBs 1 and 2 before game 1, he wasn’t choosing sides over Feaster. He simply gave the information and then provided color around it in interviews. That’s it.

At this point, Saban should really be able to publicly identify his starting QB.

Sep 2, 2018, 2:37 AM

tigerphils said:

C-ing is not the same thing as a depth chart question. It is just a depth chart question.

When Dabo named ETN and Choice as RBs 1 and 2 before game 1, he wasn’t choosing sides over Feaster. He simply gave the information and then provided color around it in interviews. That’s it.

At this point, Saban should really be able to publicly identify his starting QB.

Yes, C-ing IS the same thing. So losing to Pitt and Syracuse after beating ranked teams is not the true definition? Some of you have gotten completely spoiled... Welcome to reality... Luckily because of our success, we have actually been avoiding the media bringing that up. But the last time I remember, the definition means losing to an unranked team that you should have beat after beating ranked teams. Do you want to tell me the last two years we haven't done that?

And by the way the C-ing discussion is discussing when Dabo was asked that and his reaction, vs Saban being asked what he should do at the quarterback spot. I understand that this has to do with a spot on a depth chart, but there is a certain point where you or trying to control things in your system... Whether it be depth chart, or a bad rap you used to have... You don't really care for the media pressing the point. And even Dabo snapped when they questioned for the hundredth time.

He could be asked a 1000x... No excuse for that outburst.

Sep 2, 2018, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Maria Taylor is just doing her job ]

If he's tired of the question (and it was new/different question than anything he had been asked) and needs to communicate that without acting like a tyrant. A major part of his job is being a representative of the university and needs to act with some decency when dealing with people.

Of course, Saban knows that, b/c he wouldn't have called Maria and apologized for his temper tantrum:

https://deadspin.com/nick-saban-apologizes-to-espn-reporter-maria-taylor-for-1828774377

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 1:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Maria Taylor is just doing her job ]

https://twitter.com/fannewsclips/status/1036099332611629056?s=21

Sep 2, 2018, 1:12 AM

Just posted it myself..lol. Read what I said he said, while you listen to it. Good luck.

You are such a defender of Saban. Why?

Sep 2, 2018, 6:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Maria Taylor is just doing her job ]

Sometimes it is not what you say, but how you say it. We all know Saban can be an @ss at times. I saw it live. He was a jerk. Period.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Sep 2, 2018, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Maria Taylor is just doing her job ]

It was more Saban's tone and attitude. He was very condescending. You can say what you want, but Dabo would never treat someone like that. He always has an air about him that he thinks he is better than anyone else and it is beneath him to answer questions. It is is part of his job and he gets paid well for it!

Sep 2, 2018, 10:43 AM

Like I said, how easily we forget:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6BgEa1K9eXI

You don't get the difference?

Sep 2, 2018, 11:10 AM

All reporters (and fans of college football) know that "Clems*ning" is a derogatory term. Maria said nothing of a disparaging nature to Saban. She was simply doing her job asking a question that was of interest to fans.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: You don't get the difference?

Sep 2, 2018, 11:15 AM

David Hale was doing the same. His question wasn't about C-ing, but just the sheer used of it in the question, and Dabo went off. It may be derogatory to us, but it's not to the media. The only thing that made David's question out of place is at that time, we had a streak of not losing to unranked opponents. Hate to say this but do we now? It could come back up because of Pitt and Syracuse. Just like Saban viewed that question to be that he had to be derogatory to one if his QB's and pick one in front of the media post game, before he's had any one on ones with the QB's. They've been baiting him ever since Jalen went off in an interview.

Oh, yes they do know it's derogatory

Sep 2, 2018, 11:25 AM

I've heard many reporters discuss how it is derogatory and should not be used.

--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Oh, yes they do know it's derogatory

Sep 2, 2018, 11:29 AM

They only started doing that though after Dabo went off about it. They weren't prior. ;). Dabo made the point and got them to see it was.

Just admit it, the two situations don't compare.

Sep 2, 2018, 11:33 AM

lol

--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Just admit it, the two situations don't compare.

Sep 2, 2018, 11:48 AM

They do, if you look at it without orange sunglasses on. Anyways, not worth discussing to be honest. It's just an interview, and it's still just Saban.

Apparently it was worth discussing when you...

Sep 2, 2018, 1:19 PM

...made your TWENTY-ONE (21) previous and mostly snarky posts within this thread. My goodness.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Sep 2, 2018, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Maria Taylor is just doing her job ]

He could have stopped after “l think both guys can help our team”. He answered her question. He started being a jerk when he started attacking Maria personally.

Sep 2, 2018, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Maria Taylor is just doing her job ]

I think you’re missing the point here. No one is saying Saban needs to give a straight answer. He just didn’t need to jump of all over Maria like he did. He was rude and seemed to try and embarrass her for a fair question. I get that he is tired of answering that question, but until he names a true stater he will continue to have to field these questions. Just as Dabo will... and I would be embarrassed if dabo treated a sideline reporter the way Saban did for a question about your starting QB.

Sep 2, 2018, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Maria Taylor is just doing her job ]

Just like you say the same thing a 1000 times. You could be Walt’s brother

Sep 2, 2018, 9:52 PM

Still obsessed with tracking me down all the time, I see. Must be fun knowing you can't get me off your old feeble mind. I'm flattered.

Oh, btw... Nice 10 point lead your crush had yesterday before Trevor came in. What happened to him putting it away early? Liking that "improvement" we saw in the first drive.

Sep 2, 2018, 12:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Maria Taylor is just doing her job ]

There is new data for Clemson, that says Trevor slightly outplayed Kelly Bryant today. Not by much but just a little. Would you like people berating Dabo because of one game?

Sep 2, 2018, 12:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Maria Taylor is just doing her job ]

Did you hear Skirt Herbstreit right after that......didn't even had the ba11s to defend his co worker because it was King Saban.

Sep 2, 2018, 12:45 AM

No, I heard Chris Fowler...

she wasn’t rattled by his response. BUT he was a richard.***

Sep 2, 2018, 12:51 AM

He is a Richard Edward for sure. Glad he is not our coach***

Sep 2, 2018, 4:27 PM

Sep 2, 2018, 1:02 AM

My question is, why is this tigerman character in the comments d**kriding Saban like he’s his daddy?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maria Taylor is just doing her job***

Sep 2, 2018, 1:15 AM

Because he didn't say anything that you wouldn't clap for Dabo. I hate Saban too, but he basically said he isn't going to disrespect his players. And you guys are trying to turn that into something else.

By the way I'm an alumni who posted a picture of his screen name with his class ring with multiple Decades of Coke bottles with his fraternity pin, and a ink pen done from the memorial Oak. For the record mr... Who are you again?

Saban is a total jerk.

Sep 2, 2018, 1:45 AM

I didn't see what happened tonight, but I don't need to.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

'Phil' and 'man' could

Sep 2, 2018, 7:35 AM

Have simply had a phone chat...and actually found out they like one another. ;)

Saban is a 'Richard Cranium'. Yes, the questions can get tiresome, but the media (I can't believe I'm defending the media...will need an acid shower!) is why he's pulling down $7 gazillion/year. When you're out there trying to find a job, it's really difficult to feel ANY sympathy/empathy for a man who makes a living from a game...and gets defended for being a Napoleonic p rick in the process. If you don't like the job and the 'details' that come with it...Q.U.I.T.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apples to escargot comparisons Tigerman78.

Sep 2, 2018, 8:06 AM

TMan78 you do better sticking to stats. Which I've enjoyed. But you're way off in left field with Dabos response to a made up term.And asking Saban after watching the first live game of the season to compare his qbs.You usually bring something to the table, however tonight sounds like you're giving knee jerk reactions.
Seriously one set of questions involve asking about a derogatory term meant to be an insult.
The other question relates to actual game competition between two players competing for the same job.
P.S.
Nobody cares when you feel the need to throw out your proof of attending a school. It's a public forum, not a job interview.

Oh and for the record I snickered at Saban's response to who was starting at the beginning of the game. Funny guy.

Re: Apples to escargot comparisons Tigerman78.

Sep 2, 2018, 10:47 AM

Actually, I'm not.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6BgEa1K9eXI

Listen to his immediate response. Not really any different. "It's rediculous I even have to answer that question"?? I understand Saban does it more often than Dabo, and is a jerk.... But the media did drive that question in the ground at him... Just like they drove that term in the ground. It'd be a different story if it was the first time they asked it to Saban. Just seems pretty similar to me.

And for the record, I wouldn't give the interview response if people didn't make the remarks like they are about to insinuate I'm coot. ;). Not a coot if I'm a Clemson alumni.

She had asked him this before halftime as well..

Sep 2, 2018, 9:04 AM

Stop asking the same question over and over. Everyone knows Saban can go off on the media. He's done it before.. not a surprise.

Bottom line - Saban is a bullying dewsh that has a little

Sep 2, 2018, 9:06 AM

man's complex. I encountered plenty of guys in the Army that liked to lead through Saban's yelling and intimidation style - it was almost always a mask for hiding character flaws and self doubt issues. Guys like this don't like to be questioned because it might expose them as blowhards who refuse to look at saner methods of accomplishing the same thing.

It's one thing for Saban to lose his temper every blue moon and unload on a reporter in frustration, but Saban does this repeatedly - almost at every press encounter. Saban should have just stopped at "...both guys can help our team" and his point would have been made. There was absolutely no need for him to have continued with his little man's temper tantrum. I wish Maria Taylor had clocked him with her microphone - might finally send little Nicky the message that not everyone is going to take his verbal bullying.

Saban will go down as one the greatest college football coaches to ever live, but in my opinion he is a pi$$ poor example of a leader. He continually projects an "always angry" air to the point of looking miserable. Funny how his bullying shtick didn't work so well in the pros where grown men and not college age kids were involved...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lil’ Nikki better watch his mouf...

Sep 2, 2018, 9:15 AM

Maria coulda easily stepped on his head and killed him. She needs to always wear sharp metal stilettos when covering Bammer games to make sure that twerp minds his manners.

~JKB

Honesty is a double edged sword. You get the honest answer

Sep 2, 2018, 11:06 AM

But don’t like the way it’s packaged. I don’t mind his tone. I agree with his answer which was, he made his point now Drop it. If u stick your hand in the alligators mouth enough times you’ll eventually lose it.

...or he might get it gigged. He's a good candidate for an

Sep 2, 2018, 11:32 AM

aneurysm... Seriously.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ...or he might get it gigged. He's a good candidate for an

Sep 2, 2018, 1:48 PM

He was a little curt . .but not a lot. Stopping asking stupid questions people. It's not her job to ask a stupid question. we have raised kids to be young adults, that don't understand media. Stop asking stupid questions or you'll hear the real answer.

Absolutely agree. It was a very reasonable question.

Sep 2, 2018, 2:44 PM

I understand that Saban is tired of being asked about it, but he didn't have to be such a jerk about it. The reporter was just doing her job, and he should keep that in mind before acting like a baby.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sep 2, 2018, 4:25 PM

True. There was nothing wrong with Maria's question. Her question was not framed so as to get him to "say something that doesn't respect one of them". If Nick is tired of the same or similar questions being asked, well TOUGH. His hostility was uncalled for.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Sep 2, 2018, 7:25 PM

Without cue cards, she’s a lost soul. She should be covering track & field instead of football. Did anyone see how giddy she acted with Kelly Bryant when she was on campus? Sorry but I don’t feel bad for her just like I don’t feel bad for the idiot that immaturely posed the c-word question to Dabo a couple of years back and got his head torn off.

Stop pretending Saban is acting brand new when he’s been exactly the same guy his entire career!

Sep 2, 2018, 7:47 PM

I'd tap it

Sep 2, 2018, 7:54 PM

Saban is losing it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 7:59 PM

It has been reported that he called her after the game and apologized

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 76
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic