Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Louis Soloman, RS Frost, in 1992 had Clemson’s best QB road (come-from-behind) win..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,354

Louis Soloman, RS Frost, in 1992 had Clemson’s best QB road (come-from-behind) win..

Oct 1, 2018, 11:51 AM

over unbeaten & top 10 UVA. Down 7-28 at halftime After Louis had scored minute earlier!

Was there with Son who had just graduated from CU & started Law School, and we couldn’t believe our eyes what transpired 2nd half..and bitting our nails while screaming as Cavs missed FG in last seconds.

We ran onto field with that 3’ x 5’ Cotton PAW Flag (of course) & jumped up & down with others..and proceeded to congrat players coming out of dressing room to meet their parents, friends & fans.

Then we drove to Georgetown near DC to Billy’s Bar & Grille to celebrate..and next day over to Annapolis for Sailboat Show.

We have bonded Orange like this since he was 2..including many, many bowls and super driving trip to NDame in 1979 when he was 9..and were invited into stadium by Danny Ford to check it out with team since we arrived in parking lot at South Bend same time as Clemson’s buses on that Friday afternoon.

Oh, TiGS Won!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Louis Soloman, RS Frost, in 1992 had Clemson’s best QB road come-from-behind win..

Oct 1, 2018, 12:07 PM

I was at that UVA game also, Bill!

True story (well, all my stories are true, but this one REALLY DID HAPPEN):

I've become good friends with a guy from that UVA squad. I asked him once, "What's your best memory as a Hoo?" His answer: "Beating Clemson in 1990."

"Okay, what's your worst memory?"

"Losing to Clemson after being up 28-0."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That game is possibly the birth of the Woo-Hoo***

Oct 1, 2018, 12:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Louis Soloman, RS Frost, in 1992 had Clemson’s best QB road come-from-behind win..

Oct 1, 2018, 12:11 PM

Was that the year it snowed in Charlottesville? I swear I remember sitting in Scott Stadium in the early 90's and it started snowing in the 2nd half.

Oct 1, 2018, 12:28 PM

No the snow game was at night. Kenny Flowers was the man that night.

1992 game was an afternoon game in which we came from behind.

Re: Louis Soloman, RS Frost, in 1992 had Clemson’s best QB road (come-from-behind) win..

Oct 1, 2018, 1:05 PM

It was 28-7 at halftime after Solomon had a long run just before half. My wife was in elementary education in 1992 and I didn't meet her until late October, after this game. Early the next year I walked over to Tillman to meet her to walk to lunch and she talking to this little guy from her class who was also majoring in education and she introduces me to Louis Solomon. I'm a little guy and I was noticeably taller than him. He was a great guy though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

I was there!!!

Oct 1, 2018, 1:20 PM

Will never forget it!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,354
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic