Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looking for opinions on outfielder gloves from
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Looking for opinions on outfielder gloves from

Jun 19, 2018, 8:55 AM

Some baseballers with experience.

Need an outfielder glove for my rising 9th grader. I have a younger son who can take hand me downs so I don't mind paying a few more dollars for a glove that will last.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Rich kids usually use Wilson A2000

Jun 19, 2018, 8:59 AM

Poor kids get a Rawlings from Walmart ...

I was a Rawlings man myself.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have an A2000 and love it.

Jun 19, 2018, 10:00 AM

It molds well and holds everything. Mind you I'm just coaching now, but I have a video from this spring with me throwing a baseball to my son and a softball to my niece back and forth with no effort at all.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sig-1

Stealing second

Jun 19, 2018, 11:05 AM

Do you know Steve Coley from Landrum? I played baseball with him years ago. He was an excellent player who was in the Red Sox organization for a few years. Since moving away I have lost contact with guys I played the game with ... in the old days,

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't he die a few years ago?

Jun 19, 2018, 11:28 AM

I think I remember talking to Coach Cann when that happened. He's at TR Now and Gentry is the new AD but I'm pretty sure he died.

sig-1

Re: Didn't he die a few years ago?

Jun 19, 2018, 1:56 PM

Yes. Coach Coley passed away a few years ago.

Thanks***

Jun 19, 2018, 2:12 PM

sig-1

Re: Thanks***

Jun 19, 2018, 4:28 PM

I wasn’t aware of that and I’m sorry to hear it. He was a good friend of mine. A couple of years younger.... and that’s scary!

Re: Looking for opinions on outfielder gloves from

Jun 19, 2018, 8:59 AM

Wilson A2000 comes to mind first, although many gloves will fit the bill (personally I like Rawlings and Mizuno). 12.5-12.75".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

These are made in the U.S.A. ... if you're into that sort

Jun 19, 2018, 9:05 AM

of thing ...

http://www.nokona.com/

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Jun 19, 2018, 9:17 AM

Best gloves on the market.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

In my opinion, Nokona is the way to go.

http://www.nokona.com

You can even have the glove customized with your choice of color, you son's name, and birth date.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sort of hard on the

Jun 19, 2018, 10:09 AM

younger kid when it becomes a hand-me-down

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: In my opinion, Nokona is the way to go.

Jun 19, 2018, 10:37 AM [ in reply to In my opinion, Nokona is the way to go. ]

Didn't even know they still made this glove. Got a new one in '97, used through freshman year of college '00. Still have it and looks fairly well, although the arm on the other side couldn't through out your grandma going 1st to 3rd on a routine fly to left.

you can't go wrong with a rawlings heart of the hide or pro preferred with the trapeze webbing. I also think an A2000 with the dual post webb is a great glove.

I second this, pro preferred is a good glove.***

Jun 19, 2018, 9:23 AM

The important thing is——

Jun 19, 2018, 10:46 AM

Break the glove in properly. Any of the brands mentioned are great gloves IF you prepare them to play the game!

Handing down a glove is not the way to go and I suggest that you not do that. Everyone’s hand is different and a glove should be for one hand only! I never, never let anyone use my glove for even a few minutes. Baseball gloves are like your best girlfriend. You DO NOT share.

Jun 19, 2018, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Looking for opinions on outfielder gloves from ]

Wilson A 2000....too of the line

Jun 19, 2018, 10:42 AM

If you're kid is going to be playing/practicing a lot then I'd look at spending probably about $200 for the Wilson A2k, the Rawlings Pro Preferred, Mizuno Classic or the Nakona. All those are great gloves and will stand the test of time of rigorous use.

If the kid is a "maybe" 1 or 2 years type player then you can drop down to the $85-$100 range and get some good gloves from the above, including Easton, but excluding Nakona, they're always in the upper price range. When our daughter made her HS team she had a $40 Rawlings from Wal-Mart because I wouldn't spend the $$$ because she's not that committed. Surprisingly, she's 3 years in now and refuses to get a new glove. The old Wally special is still kickin'.

Jun 19, 2018, 11:21 AM

I still have my Rawlings which was a great glove at the time. Its a little dried out but still a great glove

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks all

Jun 19, 2018, 11:51 AM

I'm thinking a 12.75 ..

He had an wilson a2k infielder glove now but in highscool he'll probably not see the infield for at least a year.

The a2k is holdin up well, but daggum it took a year to break in.

I'll give the gloves y'all mentioned a look...

Any advantage to h-web over closed web?

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Thanks all

Jun 19, 2018, 6:33 PM

Typically outfield gloves do not have closed webs. The H web is good

Jun 19, 2018, 11:53 AM

I still use my old Rawlings I got when I was 7 (I'm 37 now) when I play outfield. It's needed new laces a couple times, but that's it. I've got a Rawlings 1B mitt, and a Rawlings softball glove. Love the 1B, softball is hit or miss.

Jun 19, 2018, 8:07 PM

My oldest grandson (13) Got a Wilson A2000 OT6 this spring and he loves it. His Dad and I surprised him with it after hearing him talk about it for months. He will get some good years out of it.
We ordered it straight from the Wilson website and it came quick. They also have a guy on there that tells and shows you exactly how to break in a glove faster and properly.

Message was edited by: The Doorman®

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic