Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Liking TL but his development seems to be fragmented due to playing time, controversy, injuries..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Liking TL but his development seems to be fragmented due to playing time, controversy, injuries..

Oct 9, 2018, 4:55 PM

Understandably I realize it’s early & he’s a true Freshman but it just Seems fragmented & taking a lot of games to get him to where we need him to be for ACC & CFP games...

but know our Coaches are on it & chomping at the bit, a bit, too!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Liking TL but his developement has been slow due to playing time, controversy, injuries, etc.

Oct 9, 2018, 5:10 PM

You didn't see him against W.F.? Virtually no upside with this guy. Wait until you see him against N.C. State, especially since they've been running their mouths. If I'm wrong, you guys can hang me out to dry. If not, I'll crow. Their coach is a braggart, just the opposite of Dabo.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Liking TL but his developement has been slow due to playing time, controversy, injuries, etc.

Oct 9, 2018, 5:21 PM

I hope I'm wrong, but I think we're going to have to rely on the defense to bail us out against nc State.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 6:46 PM

2weeks to prepare its time for scelliot to earn their money. Time for our O to be in attack mode.

Oct 9, 2018, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Liking TL but his developement has been slow due to playing time, controversy, injuries, etc. ]

I'm thinking you're wrong, MOC. We'll have a multi-faceted offensive attack.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Virtually no upside” ... is that really what you meant?***

Oct 9, 2018, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Liking TL but his developement has been slow due to playing time, controversy, injuries, etc. ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “Virtually no upside” ... is that really what you meant?***

Oct 9, 2018, 10:36 PM

I’m thinking maybe he meant no limit to his upside?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Marlborocountycoot = dgcannon39 = tiger michael = Reggaeman

Oct 9, 2018, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Liking TL but his developement has been slow due to playing time, controversy, injuries, etc. ]

Re: Liking TL but his development seems to be slow due to playing time, controversy, injuries, etc.

Oct 9, 2018, 6:49 PM

Plenty of weapons. He'll do just fine.

That's why Dabo made the switch now

Oct 9, 2018, 6:50 PM

Have him ready for games 13,14 & 15

Wow, really? I think he’s doing great.

Oct 9, 2018, 7:00 PM

He’s made some mistakes, as all QBs do, but the thing that impresses me is that his mistakes are typically minor, or due to adjusting to the speed of the college game. He generally makes great decisions and often makes throws < 5% of college QBs can make.

He beat out a returning senior, who started last year on a CFP team, as well as several other highly touted QBs who had been on our team at least a year if not more.

Trevor’s QB rating, as well as his completion percentage, yards, and TD to INT ratio. speak for themselves.

I think he is on par with Deshaun Watson’s freshman performance, and that is saying a lot since Deshaun was amazing and expectations for our team were not nearly as high that year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Wow, really? I think he’s doing great.

Oct 10, 2018, 5:55 PM

Agree 100%. He's learning at a highly accelerated rate. His abilities are off the chart. His mistakes are minimal and the good thing is they are all basically the same thing. Blitz recognition and committing to dumping off to his 3rd read or just throwing it away. A lot of what people are complaining about are not TL. People complain about screens, which they should not in a spread offense. But know this, throwing a screen is not easy. Pro's and other college QB's make critical mistakes doing this all the time. Sometimes throwing them backward and missing (live ball), under throwing, over throwing, pick six (Deshaun did this at Clemson). Trevor has mad skills and is a freshman that is learning a different level of game. He is doing a fantastic job. If his current progression is an indicator, we will have one of the best QB's in the country by the end of the season.
The main thing that needs work is the entire offense needs to react to specific types of pressure. It is not just the O line or the QB or the receivers. Everyone identifies, communicates, checks down, then executes and we start exploiting overly aggressive defenses on the second level in the middle of the field.

Re: Liking TL but his development seems to be slow due to playing time, controversy, injuries, etc.

Oct 9, 2018, 7:05 PM

I've seen improvement every game.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Yeah that 80% completion percentage 2 TD passes and

Oct 9, 2018, 7:08 PM

no interceptions really shows how there has been no improvement. Dear in the head lights I tell ya.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trevor's season stats thus far:

Oct 9, 2018, 9:40 PM

69 completions on 100 attempts (69% completion percentage)
868 yards
8.68 yards per attempt
11 TDs
2 interceptions
174.2 rating

For comparison, here is Kelly Bryant's entire 2017 season:
262 completions on 398 attempts (65.8% completion percentage)
2802 yards
7.04 yards per attempt
13 TDs
8 interceptions
131.7 rating

And here is Deshaun Watson's 2016 season:
388 completions on 579 attempts (67% completion percentage)
4593 yards
7.9 yards per attempt
41 TDs
17 interceptions
151.15 rating

Finally, here are Deshaun's stats from his freshman season in 2014:
93 completions on 137 attempts (67.9% completion percentage)
1466 yards
10.7 yards per attempt
14 TDs
2 interceptions
183.3 rating

It is obvious that Trevor will surpass Deshuan's stats from his freshman season in 2014, and also Kelly Bryant's stats from his junior season in 2017. I don't think Trevor will have nearly the attempts Deshaun did in his 2016 season, but I expect his TD:INT ratio to be just as good and his completion percentage to remain great.

Trevor is doing just fine! Ahead of schedule if you ask me!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Trevor's season stats thus far:

Oct 9, 2018, 9:47 PM

Outside of completion percentage which is already pretty good I'd be shocked if Trevor doesn't do better in all the rest of the stats the next 6 games

The Dude abides

Oct 9, 2018, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Trevor's season stats thus far: ]

Through 6 games of their freshman years

TL 69-81 68% 868yds 11td 2int
DW 75-112 67% 1176yds 12td 2int

To add to what your already broke down, I’d say he’s on schedule and he’s doing just fine, keep relying on the Run game and that Defense! #GoTigers!

Message was edited by: tigerbornandraised86

Tighten your Light Bulb, Bill...

Oct 9, 2018, 10:57 PM

Stop fretting! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Trevor's season stats thus far: ]

I think another great thing that people don’t mention is that he isn’t afraid to throw the ball away. I think like ETN if he had played more over the first few games they would be talking about him in Heisman consideration. Hopefully he can continue to develop throughout the year and become more and more comfortable in the offense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic