Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fleming
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Fleming

May 11, 2019, 5:59 PM

Has there been any news to merit all the CBs elsewhere or is this just Wiltfong taking a stab at it and all others copying him? Any interviews? Twitter posts? Anything to justify this swing of momentum away from CU?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fleming

May 11, 2019, 6:12 PM

Think it’s more that he gets a steady diet of b1g bs. A lot of the media up there spew out that tosu wr coach hartines is the best wr coach in college fb.

Think he will keep psu in the conversation but I believe it’s between us and tosu. He spent a good bit of time at tosu in late April...

But remember when he went to bama, he told the press he didn’t want to leave bama etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2019, 4:00 PM

I think he ends up at Ohio State personally. It's tough to bet against Scott, but I really think it's unlikely Clemson lands him. He's visited Bama twice, Ohio State four times, and Penn State a dozen times. He's been to UGA twice and is going again at the end of the month. He's only come to Clemson for one weekend, and has no plans to return yet. He's said he wanted to do his officials this Summer, but of course, Clemson only does those during the fall. There's also the issue of all the receiving talent Clemson has. Of course, Fleming seems really good and will have a superstar QB all four years throwing to him. However, right now, it would be really difficult for him to start right off the bat, and Clemson also has Agiye Hall in 2021 who seems really, really high on Clemson.

I think right now, it's a two party race between Penn and tOSU. However, I do think that the longer the recruiting process takes, the better the Tigers fare in it. I think we have to hope for a big Fall push if he doesn't decide before then. It would be especially helpful if tOSU or Penn State do poorly.

May 13, 2019, 7:52 AM

I cannot imagine him wanting to go to OSU. Fields has not shown he can throw the deep ball with any consistency, so his numbers might not make him ready for the NFL. Maybe Bama or somewhere that actually has a QB that can sling it.

May 13, 2019, 8:00 AM

Fields is impressive in shorts. Bet your butt Coach Day had him throwing to Fleming on some of those visits. It’s when the pads are on and the D starts coming at him that he doesn’t look so great. Fleming hasn’t seen that side. Yet.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2019, 6:12 PM

I really don't know. Has Fleming ever been a likely recruit for us? You'd think he'd want to go somewhere where the QB's can get him the ball---look at our QB room! Best in the nation. But then, so much of this has to do with logical thinking.

May 11, 2019, 9:13 PM

If he saw our spring game it may have scared him with the two actually three very good WR’s we got to go with Amari, TJ, Ross, Tee, Powell, Kendrick and Overton.(Swinney)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Think he probably wants to start early

May 12, 2019, 2:41 AM

Most likely he could do that at Ohio State or Penn State and they're closer to home. He probably wouldn't see a starting spot til at best his sophomore year at Clemson.

Re: Think he probably wants to start early

May 12, 2019, 6:34 AM

Yeah - but still a fair amount of quality playing time his freshman year - I would think - jbrock - unless ... he is not as good as advertised....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Likely, but he would be coming in behind Rodgers, Ross

May 12, 2019, 8:08 AM

Ngata, and Ladson so, unless we move somebody into the slot, he would have to battle his way up from 3rd string.

Re: Likely, but he would be coming in behind Rodgers, Ross

May 12, 2019, 9:05 AM

Too many kids wanna come in a play right out of high school. Most of them have used size or speed to there advantage. That simply isn’t there the first year in college. It’s a big adjustment.

So if you wanna be great then you take the opportunity to compete against the best. Earn it. Because if you can’t win a starting spot at Clemson. Do you really think you are a top flight NFL prospect?

Iron Sharpens Iron

May 13, 2019, 1:47 PM

You sound like someone that hasn't paid any attention to OSU. They have Ama Reciever Talent and are also putting guys in the league. Plus Justin Fields gonna finish top 10 for the Heisman this year. He's got that type of talent. I'd love for Fleming to come to Clemson, but you don't set a commitment date without knowing the school you're committing to and that school isn't Clemson.

May 13, 2019, 3:30 PM

Justin [can't see the] Fields is going to finish top 10 in the Heisman race? Based on what?

Kid couldn't even beat out game manager Jake Fromm.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2019, 4:20 PM

Is the number 31 significant? Would be the ultimate troll job by him, if he picks us over the Bucknutts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2019, 7:43 AM

The data is there for all to see. 1 visit to Clemson, multiples to all others. Originally planned to commit late, now moved up to the end of the month. Meanwhile, Clemson is turning up interest in alternatives.

He isn’t coming to Clemson, unfortunately. And I sincerely hope i’m wrong.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Believe you’re right ClemTig

May 13, 2019, 8:40 AM

Appears that he wants to stay closer to home and if I had to pick a B1G offense to play in as a WR it would be OSU. They put WR’s in the league, Day’s reputation is as an offensive “guru”, and just because Fields isn’t Trevor, doesn’t mean he’s a bad QB. There’s a reason him and Trevor were a cut above the rest of their class.

Wish we could land Fleming, but with the young talent already on campus and likely taking Williams and Henderson or Lambert, WR group is still going to be as elite as they come.

May 13, 2019, 9:03 AM

Announcing on my bday, so that's a good sign

May 13, 2019, 10:04 AM

Him and Jarrett were just trying to get WRU twitter clicks after our Natty.

Neither is coming so i guess there are more important things than Natty’s, Family, and a Degree.

It’s not for everyone.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

***We'll be just fine without him. ******

May 13, 2019, 11:25 AM

Re: ***We'll be just fine without him. ******

May 13, 2019, 5:46 PM

We honestly dont NEED and elite WR this cycle. We have good depth now.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic