Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Letter to DJU (long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Letter to DJU (long)

May 4, 2019, 3:27 PM

Dear DJ,

I hope you are on TNet and can read this and if not, perhaps a friend or family member will see this and tell you about it. From what I've seen on film and read, you are super talented and have special abilities that will take you over the top in football. After high school graduation, you are going to have an opportunity to make an impact on college football over the next 3 to 4 years of your life beyond your dreams no matter where you play.

Because of your talent and abilities, you have had coaches and recruiters from all over the country pursuing you and I'm sure you've heard a few stories hard to believe and some that touch your heart. I was a walk on Clemson Tiger football player 45 years ago this year. I always had the dream to be a Clemson Tiger. Unlike you, I was only recruited by small schools and even after the Clemson coaches told me that I should go to a prep school to develop and get more experience, I still chose to be a Tiger instead.

It was the best decision I ever made. Even though two (2) and a half years later I was no longer playing after an injury, I think back that I may not have had that opportunity if I had gone to prep school. I have no regrets, enjoyed every minute of my time with the team, made friends, a new family for life, and met my sweetheart there (another story). My time at Clemson was special and will stay with me for the rest of my life.

I don't have to tell you about the current Clemson family and what they offer all players for football and life. This atmosphere was there when played and has continued to developed over time with Dabo pushing it over the top making Clemson even greater now. Clemson has always been a family and has done things differently.

I'm not saying there aren't any other great programs because there are many. It's just that Clemson is special like you! You've had many choices and everyone says your decision for a D1 school is now between Oregon and Clemson. Personally, I hope you chose the Clemson orange and purple but whoever you choose you will have a positive impact on them and will make the school a better place. Speaking for myself, I will respect yiur decision because like me, you need to go where you have dreamed of playing and where you will be happy. Go Tigers!!

Good Luck and God Speed,

Tiger for Life

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Letter to DJU (long)

May 4, 2019, 4:05 PM

I’m sure he hears the same thing from every fan base. Unless he knows you personally, I doubt he would put much stock in your letter. Odds are probably 99% or better that he never reads nor hears about this. So why waste your time other than trying to get TUs on Tigernet. It’s absolutely silly for grown people to try to beg and plead with young men to come here just to lug a football. It gets to the point that it’s just downright pitiful and embarrassing. Leave the kid alone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2019, 4:14 PM

LOL, who made you God of Tigernet posting? Sheeeeesh. Be different if he posted it on his Twitter feed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2019, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Letter to DJU (long) ]

What an unnecessary comment from you to make in regards to his letter. Says a lot about your personality.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2019, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Letter to DJU (long) ]

Hey 1972. Based on your comments it appears to me you never had the guts or ability to put on the uniform and sweat, bleed or feel pain for the Tigers. Just because you don't understand the real brotherhood doesn't mean it's wrong when someone who does expresses it. I've been there and done that!

May 4, 2019, 6:25 PM

You are right. I didn’t. But I did put on a uniform and fought, bled and almost died for this country 46 years ago. A lot more intense than you lugging a pigskin around.

May 4, 2019, 7:43 PM

Thank you for your service 1972. If I had been 3 years older, I may have been there but it didn't work out that way. Coming from a family with veterans from the Revolutionary War to Korea and everything in between, I understand and have respect for current and former military.

1972 is a grumpy old phart......

May 4, 2019, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Letter to DJU (long) ]

Pls go join the coots....

May 4, 2019, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Letter to DJU (long) ]

Dude that was a great post!! Pop a top on a brusky and chill out..

May 4, 2019, 4:17 PM

Why?

May 4, 2019, 5:08 PM

Why indeed. People get waaaayy too involved in recruiting. Just let the coaches do their thing and stay out of the way. The kid will pick who he picks.

May 4, 2019, 5:09 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic