Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lets look back at the Coot's expectations for 2018 from FGF
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Lets look back at the Coot's expectations for 2018 from FGF

Dec 3, 2018, 4:27 PM

Our Tigers are in the Clubhouse at 13-0, as expected. But what about the Coots? Did they meet or exceed the surely realistic preseason expectations of their fanbase? Lets rewind FGF back to the beginning of the Offseason and find out

I’ll say we go 9-3 regular season and win a marquee bowl to finish 10-3, and finish ranked in the top 15. I think our ceiling next year is 11-2, but if the cards fall our way, we could wind up winning the East and playing in the SEC CG. GA is ripe to upset, as they lose 31 seniors..

I think 10-2 is the next step we should be expecting. 11-1 is possible.. Most likely 9-3

10-3 including a bowl win. Loses to Georgia, Clemson, and one of the road toss ups. However we still won't be ranked in the final top 25 while a 5 loss team is ahead of us.

10-2 with losses to Jawga and taters. Schedule sets up well for us. Too many coaching changes to not take advantage of. Defense will be serviceable and offense takes a step forward.

10-2 at best...If we upset UGA we will lose to Vanderbilt or someone we are suppose to beat. If offense isn’t stagnant then this should be possible. Hopefully we stay healthy but injury bug always creeps in. Deebo has yet to be healthy for a whole season. Honestly anything less than 9 regular season wins with our schedule will not be progress. The year is set up great...plus UGA has to play LSU and Auburn. I like our chances to squeeze into a SECCG, although I don’t think we have the talent yet to beat an Auburn or Bama on neutral site.

I think we end up 11-2 with wins over UGA and a loss to Ole Miss (in Oxford) and a loss to the tilmonites. I will say, that if we get our offense straightened out we could be undefeated going into the SEC title game. I wouldn't predict it in all seriousness though. I don't know why, but I just get a feeling we will win the UGA game

If we can stay relatively healthy, and improve offensively, we need to take advantage of what should be a favorable schedule and go 10-2 with a chance at 11 wins with the bowl game.

I say we beat Clemson for certain this year. They do not have a chosen quarterback. Most of their receiver yard production is gone. They have no Tight end. Their running backs are below average. Their secondary is non existent. Their linebackers will all be new and inexperienced. With a little luck, I say we beat Georgia

BEAT KENTUCKY!

With that schedule, UGA at home, Texas A and M at home, a weak Ole Miss, Tenn and UF probably still down and a cupcake OOC except Clemson, anything but 8 wins will be a step backwards. Has the potential to be special though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Why ?***

Dec 3, 2018, 4:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

no game next week so some time to reflect Oh, and its funny***

Dec 3, 2018, 4:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Lets look back at the Coot's expectations for 2018 from FGF

Dec 3, 2018, 4:31 PM

I say we beat Clemson for certain this year. They do not have a chosen quarterback. Most of their receiver yard production is gone. They have no Tight end. Their running backs are below average. Their secondary is non existent. Their linebackers will all be new and inexperienced. With a little luck, I say we beat Georgia

**************** -->
This one is special lol

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1 for 8

Dec 3, 2018, 4:35 PM

they did kinda expose our secondary.

I love that word

Dec 3, 2018, 4:39 PM

POTENTIAL. He’s a guy who seldom shows up on game day!

they did us a favor***

Dec 3, 2018, 5:46 PM [ in reply to 1 for 8 ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

posted by Nostradummasscock

Dec 3, 2018, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Lets look back at the Coot's expectations for 2018 from FGF ]

who's rated a "legend" on fgf

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL at "running backs are below average". We have four

Dec 3, 2018, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Lets look back at the Coot's expectations for 2018 from FGF ]

that are way better than their best one!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True. Their 1st string would be 5th string on our team.***

Dec 3, 2018, 10:54 PM

null

Dec 3, 2018, 4:46 PM

They are the most delusional fan base on earth at the beginning of the season and then they play a couple of games. They are happy beating the hapless zips and consider it a moral victory that we only won by 21. It really is sad.

Don't they actually get to play Bama or some other top tier program from the West next year?

MusChump said he had no timetable for turning them into a winner. I believe him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 4:53 PM

The fact that he can say he has no timetable and get away with it speaks volumes to the dumpster fire that place is

Dec 3, 2018, 4:50 PM

I would ask you to post that on FGF, but the truth will get you ban from there. Oh well do it anyway, being ban from there is just like being ban from the RR tracks by the coot stadium!!!

Dec 3, 2018, 11:34 PM

I got banned within 10 minutes of my first post... not bc it was anything terrible, rather is chose the handle COCKYTROLL... Guess that ruffled their feathers

Running backs below average......best assessment ever. Lol***

Dec 3, 2018, 5:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My favorite is the one saying our RBs are below average

Dec 3, 2018, 5:36 PM

So far ETN has had one of, if not THE best season in Clemson history, and that's with getting limited snaps! ETN has split carries with 2-3 other RBs consistently and has rarely been used at all in the 4th quarters of our games.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: My favorite is the one saying our RBs are below average

Dec 3, 2018, 10:12 PM

Heyyyy but look at the good side, if we didn't have other capable RBs to lighten the load, ETN would have most likely already had and injury causing him to miss games. With his talent at the RB position, as we have, he probably came into an excellent position for a RB of his caliber!!! It allows him to stay fresh through the whole season without being over used!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Had to go back in the time machine to the Wiki article

Dec 3, 2018, 6:20 PM

on Joe Morrison for this one. I laughed out loud at just how pathetic it is..."After back-to-back 8-4 season in 1987 and 1988, expectations were high in Columbia for the 1989 campaign."

"Gee guys...maybe we can even win NINE games next year with the man in Black coming back! Bwahahahaha

Dec 3, 2018, 6:32 PM

They won more than I thought they would. I had them at 6-6

Don't beat yourself up.

Dec 3, 2018, 9:47 PM

How were you to know they'd wuss out of the Marshall game due to a hurricane? Otherwise you'd be spot on. Nice job.

Dec 3, 2018, 6:36 PM

They could go 2 - 10 next year if they upset Vandy and Charleston.

Message was edited by: reynolds®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 10:25 PM

I can't believe they forgot to mention the number of THUMBS that they would receive in 2018. 3 THUMBS in a single season is record-breaking stuff, and should not be ignored.

Crystal ball

Dec 3, 2018, 10:37 PM

This poster had to be a Clemson troll....

Dec 3, 2018, 10:40 PM

"I say we beat Clemson for certain this year. They do not have a chosen quarterback. Most of their receiver yard production is gone. They have no Tight end. Their running backs are below average. Their secondary is non existent. Their linebackers will all be new and inexperienced. With a little luck, I say we beat Georgia"

...had to be...didn't he? I mean,one of our below average tailbacks had a buck fifty on'em and somehow was the ACC player of the year....

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic