Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's get something straight weirdly soft men
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Let's get something straight weirdly soft men

Nov 11, 2018, 12:48 PM

When Trevor was knocked out of the Syracuse game it wasn't due to a dirty hit. Not in the least. It was part of the game. He was trying to get yardage and it was the LB's job to stop him. It was not the LB's job to try to stop him without causing injury. TL got hurt and in comes CB. Really glad for two things: Chase was prepared for the occasion AND Trevor learned a valuable lesson that day.

Last night was no different. It was Christian's job to hit the QB legally. There was no intent to injure him or there would have been a flag. If his shoulders had been angled down into AB's torso it would have been called unnecessary roughness. He hit him legally and it wasn't his job to worry about injury. I hate he got hurt just as much as I hated it when TL got hurt.

Now here's the thing. DL hit the QB to 1) disrupt the pass and 2) make the QB want to avoid being hit again. AB could have rushed his pass so that CW would have had to pull up. He didn't. He waited to deliver the ball, KNOWING HE WAS ABOUT TO BE HIT. It's the dadgum game. The QB can be tough, or he can be a wuss. Remember Brandon Streeter getting plowed time after time? Tough as nails! It's the dadgum game.

Now, weirdly soft men, go ahead and land blast me all you want. Try not to mess up your nail polish while you type.

Message was edited by: David78®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Let's get something straight girls

Nov 11, 2018, 12:49 PM

I agree 100%

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

I agree it was just unfortunate

Nov 11, 2018, 12:57 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree it was just unfortunate

Nov 11, 2018, 7:44 PM

Yes, and Muse hammered him at least once.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 1:01 PM

They are calling more penalties for putting defenders putting body weight on QBs when sacked and driving into ground.

It’s happening everywhere in the nfl
It happened against us in Orange Bowl against OSU

Ref friends I know said it could have been a penalty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you have ref friends? Who befriends a referee? GEEZ!***

Nov 11, 2018, 1:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Only thing I've seen is it could be a penalty in the NFL

Nov 11, 2018, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's get something straight girls ]

Nov 11, 2018, 1:01 PM

You're right about the hit. It was a good hit and a clean one by Wilkins. It's unfortunate the qb was injured, but injuries happen. Us girls already understand that, and while I do agree with your point, I have to say that the way you expressed it was offensive.

Nov 11, 2018, 1:03 PM

Oh pulleaaaaaaze, this is going from ridiculous to absurd

Nov 11, 2018, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's get something straight girls ]

Are you saying you think there's something offensive about being a girl? You think "girl" is a slur??? You are a disgusting part of the Patriarchy and its problematic stereotypes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 11, 2018, 1:17 PM

No, all I'm saying is that it irritates me anymore when calling someone a girl is supposed to be an insult. In this case, it's supposed to be demeaning to those calling Wilkins hit dirty. That's all. And no, I'm not part of the "patriarchy" problem. You'd likely be very surprised at some of my views on those issues. It's just this particular thing that gets on my nerves.

Nov 11, 2018, 1:22 PM

It isn’t an insult per se unless you are supposed to be a manly man talking about football, then someone calling you a girl (ie not getting the fact this is an all alpha male sport with lots of sweat and hard hits) should make you blush. You just personified this stereotype without having the good sense to even know it. Here we are, trying to talk football and somehow we now are having a feminist argument.....geesh

Message was edited by: InletTiger15®

Message was edited by: InletTiger15®

I sometimes forget this isn't an all Male fraternity

Nov 11, 2018, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's get something straight girls ]

Among guys, I think you get the implication of calling a man a girl. It's certainly not because we don't appreciate the heck out of girls.

Since I offended you, however, I apologize.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, all I can say is there are girls and

Nov 11, 2018, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's get something straight girls ]

then there are girls. Not all girls are the same?

There. I amended my OP

Nov 11, 2018, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's get something straight girls ]

Better?

Nov 11, 2018, 1:05 PM

I love Streeter. As I recall he played the week after having his hip disloacated. I still think he is one of our toughest and best. I cant hide my glee at him being back at Clemson. On you other points I agree. No one is out there to intentionally put anyone in the hospital.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

think of all the dirty shots Clemson QBs have taken over the

Nov 11, 2018, 1:22 PM

Years..

Charlie whitehurst got a concussion for sure against Texas tech

Kyle Parker got speared in the spine by Nick Fairley. He was never the same in the pocket again.

Tajh Boyd got bodied by LSU multiple times

Dw4 got targeted and helicoptered by Bama

Kelly Bryant took a headshot at Syracuse - likely a concussion

This stuff is going to happen in football. It's not a nice mans game. I hope trevor learns to protect himself and throw the ball away when necessary. people are going to be gunning for him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 1:24 PM

Wilkin’s tackle would have been a penalty in the NFL fwiw.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Nov 11, 2018, 1:30 PM

This ain't the NFL and this ain't a coot board. Don't you have some Gator bites to rinse and make sure they don't get infected? Don't worry Bentley will get to feel some hits also. I don't want to see anyone get hurt but ###### if you don't want to get hit or risk injury then go play golf,which for the record,you can also get injured.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get lost.***

Nov 11, 2018, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's get something straight girls ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One foot inbounds = incomplete pass ... in the NFL.

Nov 11, 2018, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's get something straight girls ]

Fall down without contact ... get up and continue running ... in the NFL.

Extra points kicked from the 15 yard line ... in the NFL.

So what’s your point?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And in some countries

Nov 14, 2018, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's get something straight girls ]

You can't be gay. But...

And we wonder why kids can't keep focused.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's get something straight girls ]

You breath in a quarterback's face in the NFL and it's a penalty. Bent boy better get ready to be buried again in a couple of weeks. Gonna be fun to watch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's get something straight girls ]

In the NFL the qb may have been ruled "in th grasp" and penalized for intentional grounding. Forward progress had been stopped before the ball was released.

Nov 11, 2018, 1:26 PM

Definitely was a legal hit. I didn’t realize you were a sexist #######, though.

Nov 11, 2018, 1:42 PM

Ok, lets all bow in reverence to Mr. 'Joined in '99 20k Poster Guy'...such a stud and clearly not homosexually frustrated. Now that that's out of the way, I'll bite.

You tried to draw an equivalency between two entirely different hits by suggesting that if anyone called the hit on TL dirty then that would somehow also mean that CW's hit was dirty by default. Moronic.

The hit on TL WAS dirty. Trevor didn't learn a lesson. He wasn't trying to stay in bounds or attempting to dive forward for extra yards. He tripped. I'm not quite sure how you can learn not to trip. He still runs the ball and did so numerous times last night and could have tripped on any one of those runs. And if he had, any defender in position could have taken advantage of that if they so chose.

While tripping, the Louisville defender locked his eyes onto his target, TL's head, and then thrusted forward with every ounce of his strength to throw his shoulder pad and forearm DIRECTLY into TL's head. He wasn't trying to tackle him and he wasn't trying to hit him in a way to stop his forward progress. He was trying to strike him as hard as he possibly could DIRECTLY in his head and that is exactly what he succeeded in doing.

Now run along off Mr. 'Get Over It Football Is A Contact Sport There's No Such Thing As A Dirty Hit'. We all know you really just like watching football to see a bunch of young men wearing tights ;) And that's entirely your business!

DIRTY Hit Directly To Trevor's Head:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu_6GCwdLZg

Incidentally, this play and this hit had nothing to do with Christian Wilkins or our game against BC last night!

Nov 11, 2018, 1:46 PM

Meant to say Syracuse. Figured I should correct that since by OP's logic, me naming the wrong team will also completely validate him and discredit everything I said. Because that's obvious! (in his head)

Nov 11, 2018, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's get something straight girls ]

Wow!

At some point parents are

Nov 11, 2018, 3:32 PM

Going to discourage their kiddies from playing football. If it is already happening. Talent pool will go way down. All the health problems being reported by retired players. Intentional or accidental players are being disabled for life or at least in pain for life. Lots of mental problems

Are you serious?

Nov 11, 2018, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's get something straight girls ]

You really believe yourself?

smh

Re: Are you serious?

Nov 11, 2018, 3:31 PM

I think yubyub is one of the “girls” OP was referring to. Hit on TL in Cuse game was not dirty!!

Please. Girls is offensive, apparently.

Nov 11, 2018, 3:49 PM

Weirdly soft men is PC. Let's be sensitive. ;)

Re: Are you serious?

Nov 14, 2018, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Are you serious? ]

Didn't mean to bruise a couple of you guys' gashes as is clear by you hammering my pulse down like a couple of the cackling hens you attempted to label people and denigrate with your ridiculous comments.

Ok, sure, dirty is a subjective word. So, you're right, if you don't consider hitting someone directly in the head as hard as possible after staring them down to get your bead all the way into the hit in an attempt to injure them to be dirty, then you have every right to have the opinion that it was clean.

I'm sure you'd get over it yourself if you got the wood laid down on your skull like that in a football game and ended up living out the rest of your life like Muhammad Ali...because you have such a sense of fairness and would understand that it was all in good fun.

And what do girls have anything to do with it? Are you in 2nd grade? That's the last time I remember little boys calling people that as some kind of 'insult'.

Anyways, it's all good as it's blatantly obvious that you both are suffering from end-stage ED and are dealing with a lot of anger and frustration toward women because of your inadequacies.

You might consider using the

Nov 14, 2018, 9:19 AM

Alternative spelling of your 'handle' and exit....stage right, or left...your choice.

You really should get help before it's

Nov 14, 2018, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Are you serious? ]

too late. Your inability to process/express rational thought is disturbing.

Re: Let's get something straight weirdly soft men

Nov 11, 2018, 7:22 PM

Well said.

Streeter took some beatings. I’m not sure if his players

Nov 11, 2018, 7:47 PM

ever watch the video, but they should.

Streeter broke his collar bone in October and came back

Nov 14, 2018, 9:09 AM

in October.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right about the hit

Nov 14, 2018, 10:01 AM

But I'm not sure why you felt the need to display your insecure masculinity with all the weirdly soft men stuff.

In case didn't follow the whole thread

Nov 14, 2018, 10:27 AM

I'll point out what you must have missed. The original subject line was Let's get something straight, girls. A lady tnetter was offended by that, so to help her get over it I edited it. hth

And I have no idea where you get any sense of insecurity in my masculinity. hth too

Rare earth elements...may be more

Nov 14, 2018, 11:05 AM

Plentiful than comprehension and common sense....

I didn't realize this was a response to another thread

Nov 14, 2018, 2:10 PM [ in reply to In case didn't follow the whole thread ]

In my experience, the only people men who accuse other men of wearing fingernail polish are very, very insecure. That's just not a statement secure men feel the need to make.

ed zackery!***

Nov 14, 2018, 11:57 AM

Just my take

Nov 14, 2018, 2:27 PM

Neither hot was dirty. Football is a game of violent collisions that happen in an instant. Angles and body parts that were one place .5 seconds ago are now elsewhere as you collide. Both were clean, hard hits. MANY hits that if we go back and review, letter of the law etc could be called, but that is silly, play ball. As to the Syracuse hit specifically, something occurred to me several weeks ago. For the last 4-5 years, EVERY year, once of the starting QBs has been knocked out of the game. This year Trevor, last season, Kelly. Three seasons back DW4, AND the Cuse QB. The year before that in the dome was actually Dungey getting the start due to injury. I just found it odd as I for one never thought of this game as a true hard hitting rivaly, but it seems to be pointing that way. Oh..and people are too darn sensitive. Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic