Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let me tell y'all about a really bad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Let me tell y'all about a really bad

Sep 15, 2019, 12:55 AM

experience. I was sitting in my Den watching high lights of the games played today, and all of a sudden I heard this really loud POP noise come from out my kitchen, and the continuous sound that I heard right behind the pop that I didn't make out what that was until I hurried in the kitchen to see what was going on. As soon as a stepped in the kitchen, I saw hot water spraying every where. The whole faucet hot water valve had blown out. I threw a couple of towels over and it would blow those off, so I had to get a flashlight to see which main valve to shut off, and hot water was falling from the ceiling all over me before i got the main valve turned off. I just finished vacuuming up as much water that I could get to in the shop vac, I have towels everywhere with two of those 21 inch construction fan going to help dry things out, but this has been a h e l l of a 45 minutes. My faucets are peerless faucets that are life time guaranteed, but that don't mean chit after getting a pure hot water shower in the kitchen with water everywhere.

I guess I will put Moen kitchen faucets from Lowes in tomorrow. No more peerless faucets for me anymore. In fact, I wouldn't use peerless again if they gave them to me, which that's what lowes will want to do bc my wife don't throw away any receipts for anything with a warranty. But you would think that a faucet that cost over $80 bucks would last more that about 5 years, that's about how long it's been since the wife wanted me to put a new sink and faucets in the kitchen!!!! Oh, I have city water, and it has right at 40 PSI of pressure coming in the house bc I hate a shower that doesn't have good flow and pressure while taking a shower, and 40 PSI is what it seem to be while spraying my ceiling and me :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bad experience is right, Henry, with the only positive

Sep 15, 2019, 1:02 AM

being our win over the Cuse.

Glad you have it under control now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bad experience is right, Henry, with the only positive

Sep 15, 2019, 1:10 AM

I do, but it was a heck of a bad trip, and one I hope that I never experience again, but thank you Hartins!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you need serious help

Sep 15, 2019, 1:05 AM

water fix it GIF

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let me tell y'all about a really bad

Sep 15, 2019, 1:07 AM

That's not a lot of fun on a football Saturday .

At least we won and the Coots lost ... I always say ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 15, 2019, 1:11 AM

Absolutely, so the day wasn't a total lost!!!

Sep 15, 2019, 1:07 AM

That's not a lot of fun on a football Saturday .

At least we won and the Coots lost ... I always say ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Use Kohler

Sep 15, 2019, 1:13 AM

They are more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Sep 15, 2019, 1:15 AM

Thank goodness for all those commercials and official reviews then, that might have happened after you went to sleep if the game had not taken 4+ hours!

Sep 15, 2019, 8:39 AM

My wife and I have said that same thing this morning, what if I had already gone to bed. The water damage would have most likely been horrendous!!!

Sep 15, 2019, 1:31 AM

I've got a Grohe in my kitchen. Went with that brand after walking through a big showroom with all the brands and examining each one. Expensive, but well built.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Sep 15, 2019, 6:44 AM

Oh no - allorange!! -:(. Glad you got it stopped - and were still up when it happened!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Sep 15, 2019, 8:53 AM

Thank you Hope, I hate to just think about how bad it could have been. There was a lot of water, but I got most of it up in less than an hour with my 6 gallon shop vac, and it was about/close to 15 gallons of water in less than 5 minutes. I still have those two construction going in the kitchen. I'll change out the faucet after I get back from Lowes, and I'm leaving for lowes at 9 this morning, about 20 minutes from now!!!!:(

Good luck with that AO! I have had Moen in my house for 23

Sep 15, 2019, 8:19 AM

years and have never had an issue. Have well water and gunk up the aerators and cartridges from time to time. I call Moen and they send me the replacement parts as part of the lifetime warranty.

As an aside my well water is very clean, so it's aggressive as heck. Had to replace the original copper piping in the entire house because the water was eating holes in the copper periodically. That was a chore!

Hope it goes well for you!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good luck with that AO! I have had Moen in my house for 23

Sep 15, 2019, 12:44 PM

I just bought a Moen that I paid $199. for, it has lifetime warranty, and it looks a lot nicer than than the Peerless did. I Dang sure hope that it last longer, and it has screw down caps over the valves also to prevent them from popping all the way out if they did go bad!!!

Sep 15, 2019, 8:38 AM

Must have been the day for water leaks. Went to get my lawnmower from under the house to find the expansion tank for the water heater spraying water everywhere. Probably a much easier fix than the faucet.

Sep 15, 2019, 9:17 AM

Ouch! Sorry it happened, but glad you were there at the time. At least the football was good.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Sep 15, 2019, 9:19 AM

I hope you were able to hit pause on your TV while you were taking your kitchen shower.

Lowes has cheap faucets

Sep 15, 2019, 12:52 PM

they have good faucets at plumbing supply stores that look the same but are better quality. The insides are better.

I ran a cut off drain into the house into a closet and then back down under the house to the rest of the house. I can cut off my water to the whole house in a few seconds from anywhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lowes has cheap faucets

Sep 15, 2019, 1:46 PM

This is true. I bypassed the big box stores and went straight to the plumbing supply store to buy my faucet.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic