Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let me guess: Brownell is a bad coach and that’s why we lost?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Let me guess: Brownell is a bad coach and that’s why we lost?

Jan 26, 2019, 4:11 PM

Making sure I’m doing this right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Let me guess: Brownell is a bad coach and that’s why we lost?

Jan 26, 2019, 4:12 PM

That’s why you don’t foul with 9 seconds. Too much time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let me guess: Brownell is a bad coach and that’s why we lost?***

Jan 26, 2019, 4:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Let me guess: Brownell is a bad coach and that’s why we lost? ]

That was a good foul actually. That was the right call. Reed choked.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 4:19 PM

Wrong call. You foul with 2-3 seconds left not 9. Worse case you go into OT by not fouling rather than losing in regulation. Reed missing the prior 2 free throws was even more reason not to foul.

Actually I thought it was a great decision since we don’t defend the 3 well.

Jan 26, 2019, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Let me guess: Brownell is a bad coach and that’s why we lost? ]

That decision assumes that one of the best free throw shooters in Clemson history won’t miss four free throws in the final 20 seconds of the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I think the bad decision was missing 5 of 6 FTs

Jan 26, 2019, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Let me guess: Brownell is a bad coach and that’s why we lost? ]

Why Brad called that play... I'll never understand.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes

Right on cue***

Well coaching would have prevented fouling

immediately preserving enough time for them to win

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not his fault.

Yes, if he instructed to foul with 9 seconds as soon as

The ball was inbounds. Why not let them dribble some time off and then foul?

No. He's not bad. He's terrible.***

Jan 26, 2019, 4:14 PM

Even you have to admit the decision to foul state at the end was questionable at best.

It is generally considered a smart play to foul, when up by 3

Jan 26, 2019, 11:06 PM

in the last 10 seconds of a game, to prevent the possibility of the opposing team hitting a three to tie it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is generally considered a smart play to foul, when up by 3

Jan 26, 2019, 11:52 PM

So you're telling given the situation, struggling shooting free throws, that you're ok with stopping the clock and conceding 2pts to make it a 1 point game? The problem is the game wasn't unfolding that way. Your best ft shooter and primary ball handler was having an off night and bb for whatever reason decides to double down. All i'm saying is given the scenario i would've played D and not fouled. The clock keeps running and if they hit a three so be it the game is tied, but you get the last shot if there's enough time. If it's off then go to ot. What bb did was give state the best chance to win the game with that early foul.

you're a f'ing idiot....

this team has a losers mentality and it comes from that idiot coach.

as I said the other day.... it's morons like you are reason why basketball can't move forward... it's just accepting excuse after excuse.

freaking idiot

I must’ve missed your posts stating that you want us to spend more on basketball.

Jan 26, 2019, 4:31 PM

Are you willing to spend $3-$4 million a year on a coach who has won at an ACC program, or one comparable?

Are you willing to devote more money to giving our basketball coach a higher budget for assistants?

Are you prepared to provide more support staff for basketball?

Are you good continuing to update our basketball facilities every few years, rather than waiting 10-15 years as we usually do?

If your answer to any of these is no, ####.

Gonzaga coach makes $1.6 mil and Nevada

Jan 26, 2019, 4:54 PM

When has Clemson ever hired a young up and coming coach

Jan 26, 2019, 11:00 PM

who was:

1. Successful at Clemson
2. Stayed at Clemson

The answer? NEVER!!

Yet you think we should try that route again?!?

Very few coaches have been successful at Clemson. Those who have either cheated or left us for another job.

You don't foul that quickly with a 3 point lead. That was just a horrible coaching decision... That why we need a fresh start...

Seeing as he has 5 years left on his contract

Jan 26, 2019, 4:18 PM

Don't see that happening anytime soon. Reed hits the FT's, we win. That simple

Jan 26, 2019, 4:16 PM

Brad can’t shoot the ball for them...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 4:20 PM

How can the ACC leading FT shooter miss 4 in a row?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is he your cousin or something?

Jan 26, 2019, 4:19 PM

Re: Is he your cousin or something?

Jan 26, 2019, 4:28 PM

No, not a cousin. We disagree, that’s all. The good outweighs the bad. They can win when they put it all together.

What?!

Jan 26, 2019, 4:31 PM

Re: What?!

Jan 26, 2019, 4:46 PM

Well, for starters, He’s not a crook like other recruiters, he makes his players accountable, they are good students who actually graduate and are good kids. Larry Shyatt was not a good coach nor did he play by the rules. We put up with him for what, five years? Given substantially more University support, CBB can be more successful. We are not there as a program. This team is a result of where the program is IMO, not just the coach.

I am all for playing by the rules and graduating players but

Jan 26, 2019, 5:44 PM

Re: I am all for playing by the rules and graduating players but

Jan 26, 2019, 5:54 PM

Probably. At the end of the day my point is really less about defending BB and more about believing the system is in neutral, not just the coach. Yea, I’d like to think Brad could do more with less like Dabo did when he first got there, but the reality is that we got a once in a lifetime opportunity with him. Brad may not be the guy, but let’s be realistic about ALL the issues within the program. There have been several failed coaches since Rick Barnes left. Where their’s smoke.....

You are overreacting big time.

Jan 26, 2019, 11:07 PM [ in reply to I am all for playing by the rules and graduating players but ]

These first six conference games have been a brutal schedule. While I would've loved to be 3-3 at this point, being 1-5 isn't the end of the world. There is a lot of basketball left to be played. The test will be how our team responds these next few games.

We don't have any bad losses. We just need some good wins. I believe we will get them.

No point declaring this season a failure. Let's see how things play out before we start calling last year a fluke and this year a train wreck.

Creighton was a bad loss, Nebraska at home was

Jan 27, 2019, 12:05 AM

a bad loss. Those two games would be the ones that will look really bad if someone how this team turns it on enough to be a bubble team

Jan 26, 2019, 4:22 PM

So so glad you finally figured that one out......Go Tigers!!!!!!

Jan 26, 2019, 4:22 PM

So so glad you finally figured that one out......Go Tigers!!!!!!

Jan 26, 2019, 4:24 PM

You are stupid as h ell if you don’t think this team sucks because of Coaching.
They looked lost and didn’t know what to do because that’s the way they are coached.
By a man that is not a big time type Coach.
He is a HS coach or at best a peach belt conference coach.

Your immaturity on this topic clouds your judgment.

Jan 26, 2019, 4:54 PM

Gain some perspective and then resume posting.

Re: Your immaturity on this topic clouds your judgment.

Jan 26, 2019, 5:02 PM

Na Judge, I think we should just give up, go get a rope & pitchforks and join the mob on this one...

How much of the program is he responsible for after 9 years?

Jan 26, 2019, 5:05 PM

I’m not sure how this works.

Re: How much of the program is he responsible for after 9 years?

Jan 26, 2019, 5:16 PM

Any program is a sum of inputs from stakeholders that decide budgets, capital investment, marketing, etc. A coach doesn’t get to decide unilaterally what he can pay his staff or what the University invests in facilities. Of course, what do I know. Just a poster on a message board.

Jan 26, 2019, 5:26 PM

Exactly right and I don’t understand the animosity of a basketball loss. We could stretch money to fund basketball or we can keep our football program as the best in the country.

Sure our players are average at best, coaching decisions average at best, but the rest of our basketball program is well... average at best. Keep funding football and baseball and let’s have our fun in March once every 5-6 years and keep beating U of S.C. and I’m good if that means football nattys every year.

Jan 26, 2019, 8:17 PM

This is why our basketball program is not elite and may never be.

If that's how you really feel, why are you posting here?***

Jan 26, 2019, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: How much of the program is he responsible for after 9 years? ]

Jan 26, 2019, 8:13 PM

Nope he is a dang good coach our players just cannot seem to get the job done for some reason every year besides last year. JK I believe he is a decent coach and we Clemson gets decent players. Not much is going to change at Clemson. I thought this was our year but it's looking bad. We can still turn it around tho but if we cannot I wouldn't mind going in another direction. Not sure any coach can make us become a power house but we have been up in games and let it go plenty of times in the past few years and that is on the coach. Now there is nothing he can do about Trapp fouling on a 2 to make it a 3 point play or our best FT shooter missing 4 in a row but this is not the first time we have blow a lead late in a game.

Jan 26, 2019, 8:34 PM

^^^cmoney^^^ actually gets it. You may not want to agree with it, but the point is spot on and has been consistent.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think hes a pretty good x and o coach but he cant recruit

Jan 27, 2019, 12:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Let me guess: Brownell is a bad coach and that’s why we lost? ]

On the level we need for the ACC. Which imo means he's not cut out for the job.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic