Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lesson from last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Lesson from last night

Jan 2, 2018, 8:59 PM

Alabama has 15 elite players on defense, we have 3 or 4. On offense we have none, Alabama has 15. It is s matter of how fired up they are. If they’re ready to play,no one beats them. If we aspire to that level, offensive line has to improve exponentially.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lesson from last night

Jan 2, 2018, 9:03 PM

Really? I would have sworn our non-elite players on defense held the mighty Tide to 261 total yards, and in actuality 10 points. Bama was starting their offense almost every possession near mid-field and could open their playbook. Starting at about the 15 we did not have that luxury.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 9:09 PM

Why were they starting there? We lost the way we lost because our guys got beat soundly by the guy playing in front of them was a better player playing with more energy snd motivation. I love Clemson but facts are facts. It wasn’t play calling or scheme or anything but players.

Jan 2, 2018, 9:10 PM

you might need to get a job on tv, you are smart with a lot of insight..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Lesson from last night ]

Do you even football? Field position was huge. Lack of o line play was huge. Flip the starting field position of both teams and we’re the ones winning. Defense played lights out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 9:25 PM

If you don’t like the field position you have, your choice is to move the ball down the field, We couldn’t because our guys were getting beat, one on one.

Jan 2, 2018, 10:35 PM

Oh, well since it’s that easy I wonder why our coaches didn’t tell the players to do that? You ever actually play football? Doubtful. Horrible O line play lost this game. Couple that with outstanding begining field position for Bama is why we lost. When given time up front we moved the ball. When Bama had normal field position the defense stopped them. You cannot ask any defense to succeed under those conditions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You had clowney for two years.

Jan 2, 2018, 9:06 PM

He took his last year off. That's one more elite player than you have now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you serious?

Jan 2, 2018, 9:15 PM

I would bet I’ve spent more emotionally and financially following and supporting Clemson than most anyone on this board plus I am a graduate.

Ladies and gentlemen we have

Jan 2, 2018, 9:33 PM

a real fan here

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you serious?

Jan 2, 2018, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Are you serious? ]

And yet your opinion means no more than anyone else's on this board. And we save our money and still get to complain. God I love America! !

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you serious?

Jan 2, 2018, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Are you serious? ]

Pretty bold statement there. I suspect you are wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 9:10 PM

You can’t regularly win National Championships with OL recruiting classes primarily consisting of average Joe Schmoes.

Jan 2, 2018, 9:20 PM

Or by covering those o-line issues with say a DW4. That was the difference in the Sugar Bowl, Watson had an ability to feel pressure and move away to buy time.

Jan 3, 2018, 12:22 AM

Point being that we have an issue with OL recruitment that matches the quality of the other units on the team as well.

Don't where you got your made up facts

Jan 2, 2018, 9:16 PM

Probably FGF.

Bama won, it's onto next year, Clemson has another Elite Class coming in.

Jan 2, 2018, 9:20 PM

Dex, Wilkins, Ferrell, Bryant, O'Daniel, Joseph, Lamar, Simmons, Wallace, Mullen, Terrell are all elite. I am sure I am missing some others. What 3 are you talking about? That game was decided on the 2 ints that happened. We were about to go up on them if the first one didn't happen.

Jan 2, 2018, 9:30 PM

So what was the difference? Luck? If that is the case why do we even recruit? I love Clemson but the score is the score and facts are facts. We were awful on offense against the first truly elite team we faced.

Jan 2, 2018, 9:35 PM

Luck? No it is a thing called momentum. They made a big play on defense. They were not much better than us. Their O only scored 17 points and 7 was from the int return to inside the 30. Our D is just as elite as theirs and our O was getting it going until that big play happened. You said our D has 3 elite players. Lmao so players that go to the NFL are not elite in college? Because I promise we have more than 3 NFL plays in our 2 deep on D.

Jan 2, 2018, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Lesson from last night ]

I guess you are right ...... Auburn wasn't "truly elite" because they only beat the UGA and Bama on consecutive weekends.

Jan 2, 2018, 10:43 PM

> Alabama has 15 elite players on defense, we have 3 or
> 4. On offense we have none, Alabama has 15. It is s
> matter of how fired up they are. If they’re ready to
> play,no one beats them. If we aspire to that level,
> offensive line has to improve exponentially.

Tell em coot

Jan 2, 2018, 10:46 PM

How are you not dead from popping that many pills????

Jan 2, 2018, 10:47 PM

It’s not fair to pin this on the o line. Yeah, they were absolutely atrocious, but everyone deserves the blame for not showing up to play

Jan 2, 2018, 10:58 PM

We had what we needed to win, we did not execute at the level required to win. Anyone who was at the game and did not see how wide open Ray-Ray was when KB2 got hacked was not looking, that was 6 sand we go up 13-10 with all the mo. Instead 2 guys miss blocks and the rest as they say is history....

Why do people engage a coot with any type of discussion?

Jan 2, 2018, 11:12 PM

He comes here to get ammo to take back to the coot boards for a few good laughs. Same thing with people bringing garbage to this board from the coot boards.

IMHO Tiger D has 6-9 NFL caliber players

Jan 3, 2018, 12:48 AM

though some are not yet seasoned ...

Ready for prime time: Wilkins, Dex, Ferrell, Bryant

Rock solid: O'Daniel, Lamar, Joseph (small but effective)

Upcoming stars: Mullen, Terrell, Simmons

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

now I see why we lost...

Jan 3, 2018, 7:53 AM

11 against 15 on both sides of the ball

and people say the refs weren't cheating

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell'em coot...***

Jan 3, 2018, 7:55 AM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic