Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last 5 games, just 1 sack allowed. Is TL prepared for CFP?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Last 5 games, just 1 sack allowed. Is TL prepared for CFP?

Nov 27, 2018, 12:32 AM

It's a positive in that the OL has been able to keep TL upright and he hasn't been taking a lot of hits.

The down side is TL has not gotten use to operating under duress. For the most part he's had a nice pocket to throw from. I'm pretty certain that in the playoffs that his pocket won't be so clean. How will he handle that? We all knew DW4 could still get it done if the OL was less than perfect because we saw it during the regular season. The jury is still out on if TL can have the same success.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last 5 games, just 1 sack allowed. Is TL prepared for CFP?

Nov 27, 2018, 12:40 AM

Hes just like Aaron Rodgers. Great pocket presence awareness can run when he has too and throws Lasers all over the field with that #1 pick NFL arm hes got. Kids special. Most impressive is his processing skills and awareness

Go Tigers!

Nov 27, 2018, 12:47 AM

I'll put like this, I know that it's day and night difference from HS to college but, in HS showed that he could scramble for a long tall QB, and he has been playing college FB for a season now, and he has shown the few times that he has had to scramble at this level, he can by time with his feet and legs. TL is going to do what ever he has to do to get the job done. He has also shown that when he is put on his back, if he's not injured, he will hop back up and move on to the next play unaffected by the prior play. TL is no longer a true freshman QB, he will be just fine with who ever we face!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 1:13 AM

He may even be better than Rodgers. This kid is impressive

Go Tigers!

Nov 27, 2018, 7:41 AM

His pocket wasn’t that clean against Boston College, who threw a number of blitzes at him. I believe that is the one game with the sack. There should have been more but he threw the ball away in time a few times. Lack of being sacked is as much a tribute to the QB making the right checks in pass protection and the right audibles before the snap and then exciting the play as it is the offensive line and backs blocking. Give TL some credit for those lack of sacks.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic