Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will the committee for March Madness let our team in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Will the committee for March Madness let our team in

Mar 15, 2019, 12:41 PM

because of the success of our FOOTBALL program? Think about that for a moment. What's it going to hurt them to allow that? The upside for the tourney is greater than the downside IMO. And really - who cares which team fills that last spot? More fans would rather seem CLEMSON than some team from an obscure team that played in a less-competitive conference, but only did as well as CLEMSON. If I were on the committee, I would try to figure out how to get the reigning NC school into my tourney, even if they lose the first game. It's just called "business", and it overrides good or correct decisions many times. That's how Bama gets Heisman winners before the season even begins.

That said - don't think this makes me think we deserve to be in the tourney.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, seriously?***

Mar 15, 2019, 12:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: LOL, seriously?***

Mar 15, 2019, 1:01 PM

You okay Judge? I know it's been rough on you this year, and... well, we won't go there. But hopefully the committee reads t-net and takes my good 'business' decision, and that will make a lot of people happy in CLEMSON town.

I usually charge for telling committees how to do their business, but for our dedicated BBall fans, I just had to put it out there in hopes they have the good sense to adopt my idea.

Good luck.

That said - I take it that you think this might be a bad business decision. Am I correct? Your answer might explain some things.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone

Mar 15, 2019, 1:15 PM

brings up football in a basketball thread.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Football football football***

Mar 15, 2019, 1:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic