Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those of us not in Santa Clara
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

For those of us not in Santa Clara

Jan 7, 2019, 12:04 PM

How are you watching the game? With friends? A large watch party somewhere? By yourself or 1 or 2 others?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With wife and youngest daughter in a strictly controlled

Jan 7, 2019, 12:08 PM

environment. There are strict rules for watching games at my house, and this is the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. I have a few friends who know and abide by the rules, but it's a work night, so it will just be us three.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

same here

Jan 7, 2019, 12:09 PM

Just my dad and brother.

This is too big of a game and my emotions will be too high to have the people hanging around who are just pretending to care.

Three converts are coming in from Durham, NC . . .

Jan 7, 2019, 12:15 PM

My oldest son, his bride and their best friend are driving down after work (~2 hr drive) just to watch with my bride (disabled or we'd be in CA) and me. They each attend 4-5 games with me/yr since my bride can't travel anymore.

Large pot of chili is simmering, a cake of homemade cornbread will be baked just before kickoff. We will yell like crazy at our tv and hug each other profusely after our Tigers lay claim to our THIRD NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!

JACKED IN NORTH CAROLINA!!! GO TIGERS - BEAT bama!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Three converts are coming in from Durham, NC . . .

Jan 7, 2019, 4:00 PM

Sounds somewhat like my house. The wife and I will have chili and cornbread and watch the game with the Tiger network, as opposed to ESpin. Win or lose, we will proudly fly our paw flags tomorrow, especially in Cootville!

Go Tigers ??!!

Re: For those of us not in Santa Clara- with the wife who

Jan 7, 2019, 12:15 PM

has participated in my CU football addiction for over 40 years since we were dating. In the time we've been to Bama, Auburn, Ga, UNC, Md, GT, Tx A&M, VT. Her birthday gift to me in 78 was tix to Md where we won the ACC Championship (also one of the best in persona games I've ever been to). They were bought through MD cause CU's allotment was long gone by the time we decided we could go.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those of us not in Santa Clara- with the wife who

Jan 7, 2019, 12:21 PM

I can really watch best at home alone with the big TV, maybe texting with friends, drinking and eating what I want. But the draw of having others around is appealing and I may head out to the club later. Beautiful day in Georgia btw.

I will be watching at my house on the big screen

Jan 7, 2019, 12:20 PM

with my GF, my 16 year old son, and three of my buddies (one of which was my roommate at Clemson) and their boys. All are die-hard Clemson Fans. My two older boys will be watching with many of their fellow students in Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!!

Sent my son back to CU today

Jan 7, 2019, 1:29 PM

He debated staying here (Charleston) to watch it with me, but I think he made the right call

Re: For those of us not in Santa Clara

Jan 7, 2019, 12:28 PM

Just my daughter and me. She will watch in her bedroom and I'll watch in my bedroom. When we score a TD we will meet in the great room and high-five and then back to our rooms. Will partake of some white Zinfindel throughout the evening and find something to snack on including some 3 year old extra sharp cheddar.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2019, 12:30 PM

Do you wear panties?

Jan 7, 2019, 1:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Atlanta Clemson Club @ Fado's Irish Pub

Jan 7, 2019, 12:41 PM

in Buckhead.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Atlanta Clemson Club @ Fado's Irish Pub

Jan 7, 2019, 4:13 PM

THinking about this...but my couch has been good luck for most away game...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2019, 12:45 PM

With a bunch of Gator fans and NFL guys. Only tiger but they definitely will be tigers tonight for me! Wish I could make it

Jan 7, 2019, 1:05 PM

Me, wife and two daughters, all rabid Tigers. We made Dallas but couldn't pull off CA so we will watch it where we watched in 2017 on the big TV upstairs after some sort of chicken dish for dinner, just seems appropriate. I can't watch these type games in groups, especially of people who don't really care. Several of our group are in CA so we'll be texting too. Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

Jan 7, 2019, 1:05 PM

In my Den kicked back in my La-z-boy in front of my 60 inch hanging from the wall, with all doors locked and phones turn off. And not wanting to hear the breathing from anyone with the only exception being my Rott laying in front of me wearing his orange Tiger Paw collar!!! For me, this is the perfect way to watch my Clemson Tigers trying to win a National Championship game.

I have to mention the most important reason that I will have my cell phone turned off. It is bc my oldest brother would call me every time Clemson scored a TD for the past 5 or 6 years when he become a Clemson fan after being a coot fan all of his life, and after years of trying to turn him into a Tiger, he finally saw the light about 6 years ago. His last Clemson game was the Louisville game that we watched together, and he passed away at the age of 75, and as winner 3 days after on November 6th. He will be sorely missed, and my cell will never be on again during a Clemson FB game, never again bc the call won't be from who I want it to be from. For me and my brother Ellis Lane, Go Tigers, and beat Bama!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2019, 1:41 PM

He's watching from above and I know he'll be with you in spirit!

Jan 7, 2019, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: For those of us not in Santa Clara ]

He’s sitting on your shoulder pulling for the Tigers with you.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

by myself***

Jan 7, 2019, 1:06 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My wife and I and two scared dogs

Jan 7, 2019, 1:07 PM

the cat will be hiding

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My wife and I and two scared dogs

Jan 7, 2019, 4:06 PM

Our cat, LG, will likely be watching a mere moment, but she wisely will retire to her bed, put a paw over her ear and attempt to sleep.

She is a tiger at heart!

Jan 7, 2019, 1:10 PM

Watching at home with my 14 year old son. My oldest is a Senior @ Clemson and prob will be out there with the crowd enjoying the lifting of the open container rule for tonight.

Go Tigers!

Jan 7, 2019, 2:10 PM

Watching at home with wife, 2 dogs, and 2 relatives. They wont be surprised when I yell and scream at the TV. Dogs to get a little nervous though.

Jan 7, 2019, 8:23 PM

My bride and I will be viewing from our home in Rocky Mount, NC. Pork loin is in the crock pot slow roasting. Less than 7 hours now until game time.

Alone.***

Jan 7, 2019, 1:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Alone.***

Jan 7, 2019, 1:31 PM

You’re never alone when you have your spirit fruit

With my wife

Jan 7, 2019, 1:56 PM

and daughter who are both also Clemson grads, and my son who starts in August in the living room on the 80" Vizio.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2019, 2:21 PM

The 3 members of my household will all be watching on separate TVs. That works for us. Nobody wants to watch the game the way I do, which is to record the game, then start watching about 30 minutes after kickoff. That’s so I can FF through the commercials. And everybody finds it obnoxious that I like to back up and watch a play a couple times so I understand what happened. Usually this puts me so far behind I can skip all commercials and zip right through half time, too.

Jan 7, 2019, 3:09 PM

That is exactly what I do with the exception of the games. But every Sunday, I will go through the cable guide and hit record on everything I want to watch for the week so that I can ZIP through every commercial through out the entire week. If it's not the paid channels, the commercials on regular TV are 4 to 5 minutes long, and I got sick of that BS. But now, a commercial don't make it more than a second or 2 and I'm speeding through then on FF#4!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just the dog and a bottle of bourbon

Jan 7, 2019, 2:48 PM

Wife will be in the other room watching The Bachelor. Touchdown treats for the dog and touchdown shots for me. Go Tigers!!

Re: Just the dog and a bottle of bourbon

Jan 7, 2019, 3:20 PM

I hope you get wasted!

Jan 7, 2019, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Just the dog and a bottle of bourbon ]

mph5491

Got The Bachelor set to record.

I wouldn’t wish anything bad for you, but I hope the dog gets stuffed and you are staggering by the end of the game.

Jan 7, 2019, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Just the dog and a bottle of bourbon ]

Well the Vet told me that about 4 ounces of beer is ok for your dog. And I will give it to my big boy 2-3 times a week. Dogs have bad kidneys on average, and the 4 Oz's of beer helps to detox them. He likes it better after it gets flat, so I will open one and let it set, give him the 4 Oz's put the top back on, and give it to him through out the week.

Jan 7, 2019, 3:14 PM

In Destin, FL with Emerald Coast Clemson Club

Jan 7, 2019, 3:15 PM

TTT for me...

Jan 7, 2019, 3:20 PM

First playoff game I have missed. I will be watching at home with my wife and 17 year old son. My daughter will probably wonder in and out. My wife will complain that the TV is too loud. I will text a few buddies during timeouts and halftime.

135" Projected at 1080p Upstairs, 50" 1080p in Den and 60"

Jan 7, 2019, 3:55 PM

1080p in Bedroom. I can't sit still I will pace the whole house.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm gonna pretend I'm in college again and watch it from

Jan 7, 2019, 3:57 PM

Downtown Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic