Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just realized something weird
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Just realized something weird

Sep 13, 2018, 8:45 PM

I have been a Clemson fan for 40+ years, and I have been to as many away games at current SEC team venues as I have at ACC venues. 3 each. I did go to an away game at Maryland in 1986, but the game was in Baltimore. Does that count?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just realized something weird

Sep 13, 2018, 8:59 PM

The press box game! Both Danny Ford and Bobby Ross not allowed on the sideline.
I was there.

I would let you call it an away game venue. Better than the crappy Byrd stadium on their campus with their unpleasant fans. (Being polite)

It is no surprise that I have met no one that misses Maryland in the ACC. Even when they were still in the ACC, I quit going to games in College Park (and I could get there in about 30 minutes). TV was preferable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL I was a freshman

Sep 13, 2018, 9:55 PM

Me and a buddy bought unsold seats on a fraternity charter bus. I would not advise this to current or future freshmen!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2018, 9:56 PM

Went to one game at md. What miserable fans.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2018, 10:50 PM

Everyone seems to talk about MD fans as if they are horrible. I went to 2 games there and no trouble- fully deck out in orange and cheering like crazy, surrounded by their fans.

NC State, on the other hand... it was Bowden’s first year, I think, maybe his second. The refs screwed us out of a win -they were suspended by the ACC, I think that was the first time the ACC suspended refs, NC State won by 4 after the help and fans were throwing beer bottles at Clemson fans afterwards. I was nearly hit twice. A few years later there were some people shot there. I was not surprised.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/NC/19991012/news/605187050/SJ/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic