Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just re-watched the Wake game...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,465

Just re-watched the Wake game...

Jun 23, 2019, 9:49 PM

Dixon is incredible man. I can't wait to see what he does this year with more touches.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just re-watched the Wake game...

Jun 23, 2019, 10:05 PM

Hunter Renfrow handing the ball off to Dixon then running down field to get a key block on one of Dixon’s TD runs was the highlight of that game

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2019, 10:17 PM

Yeah, I really enjoyed watching that play. I didn't even realize it was Hunter in at QB until the announcers pointed out the block you're referring to.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2019, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Just re-watched the Wake game... ]

I saw that yesterday too, for some reason I got bored and found alink to every Dixon touch last year. The block by renfrow was a thing of beauty. And really, all of our receivers can block. Tee Higgins is flat out nasty when he doesn't have the ball.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2019, 10:24 PM

In his bigger role this coming season, if LJD proves durable and doesn't fumble, I betcha some people here are going to create a RB controversy.

In my opinion, LJD can be that good. He will make a statement with 10-11 carries per game. If he's a better receiver than ETN, I'm going to enjoy the heated discussions here.

They are both so good man

Jun 23, 2019, 10:32 PM

I wonder in a flat race who is faster though...bet Dixon is just as fast or even faster.

See what I have done here? ;)

No controversy. No where close

Jun 24, 2019, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Just re-watched the Wake game... ]

Dixon is good and he has speed. ETN has very elite body balance... prolly better than most NFL backs. Things he does with his stride in traffic us uncanny. I wish I remembered what game it was, but he literally took two left steps in a row because the defender was coming in from his left and low. That allowed him to have his left foot planted when the defender hit instead of that leg up in the air and being knocked off balance. With that foot planted, ETN was able to take the hit and actually break free and continue running.

Another perfect example of what I am talking about is his first run for a TD. The "embarrassment of riches" run. Two things, watch the hit when he just gets around the corner... he does the opposite of the two left steps because the hit is coming high, therefor you would want the outside leg planted. He was able to take the hit high and adjust his feet afterwards to keep going. Then watch what he does in full sprint to adjust his stride when the defender tried to swat at him.

He is truly unbelievable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smqqPqE2Atw

Jun 24, 2019, 10:12 AM

It was Wake and Clemson was already ahead by 40 points. Would like to see what he can do earlier in a game against TAMU. Just saying.

Jun 24, 2019, 10:40 AM

Exactly! He's got to prove himself when the heat is on. That is my one concern.

How does he react after getting 5 carries and only 8 yards in the 1st half against a tough defense?

Jun 24, 2019, 10:34 AM

I still think that you have to get LJD in space with the ball, or make him a hole to allow him to get to the second level - and #hegone

Jun 24, 2019, 11:52 AM

Did you notice the play of Henry in that game?

Jun 24, 2019, 10:46 AM

Both ETN and Dixon will start a game more than likely. Due to a minor injury Travis may have to sit out a couple or maybe Dixon gets banged up and we see if it will be Rencher or one of the two summer enrollees in a very limited package rotating in. That could really hamper the passing game if Elliot can’t rely on them in pass pro, although Rencher should have it down pat.

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,465
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic