Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just finished driving from Santa Clara to Myrtle Beach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Just finished driving from Santa Clara to Myrtle Beach

Jan 12, 2019, 8:14 AM

Left California after living there for 23 years. Delayed my departure by 5 days to watch our Tigers play in the National Championship only 4 miles from my former home. Had to race across country to beat the moving truck. Drove the 2800 miles in 4 days. Passed the ESPN GameDay tractor trailer on I-40 near Amarillo, Texas. How fun was that on Monday night TigerNet?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Glad you had a safe journey, and welcome home!***

Jan 12, 2019, 8:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, hartins!!***

Jan 12, 2019, 10:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There goes the neighborhood...

Jan 12, 2019, 9:22 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

From what I've read on TigerNet

Jan 12, 2019, 10:05 AM

Myrtle Beach was already destroyed by Ohio State transplants before I got here.

Welcome home, Champ!***

Jan 12, 2019, 9:25 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, CUNDVALLEY!***

Jan 12, 2019, 10:06 AM

Re: Just finished driving from Santa Clara to Myrtle Beach

Jan 12, 2019, 9:27 AM

What an exclamation point on your final days there! Hope that’s a good omen for what’s next in your life!

Jan 12, 2019, 10:00 AM

They threw me one heck of a going away party!!

guess i ‘m gonna have to put my house in mb on market

Jan 12, 2019, 9:29 AM

go tigers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Well... I may be in the market

Jan 12, 2019, 10:01 AM

But I ain't stupid enough to pay California prices... Go Tigers!

Message was edited by: nwillhit®

Jan 12, 2019, 10:01 AM

Thanks for staying in enemy country long enough to bring the natty back with you!

And don’t listen to what SOME tnetters say about property values and the like.... they’re just jealous that you sold your crackerbox house in Cali and were able to buy a McMansion back here!

Welcome home my friend!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

I was too conservative to buy in California

Jan 12, 2019, 10:04 AM

Put all my money in Bitcoin instead. Seriously, I never did buy out there. Never intended to stay.

Thanks for the welcome home.

Whew! That’s some drive...

Jan 12, 2019, 10:18 AM

I remember driving straight from Waco, TX to Myrtle Beach in just a little over 22 hrs.....

...but I was younger then.

Cool your jets and chill your heels awhile. Welcome back to the beach!

GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whew! That’s some drive...

Jan 12, 2019, 10:24 AM

The second leg from Flagstaff, Arizona to Oklahoma City was the worst (mostly because something I ate in Flagstaff made me sick). It's deserted out there and it seemed like half of the gas/food stops were out of business and shuttered. Staying in Birmingham, Alabama on Thursday in the heart of Alabama territory was fun. If I wasn't so exhausted I would have taken a side trip to Tuscaloosa for a few pictures!!

Jan 12, 2019, 10:58 AM

My family and I delivered some supplies to Tuscaloosa after the tornado a few years back. The stadium stands out like a shrine. Welcome back!

Jan 12, 2019, 3:44 PM

Thanks, Pineland.

Jan 12, 2019, 10:53 AM

Welcome home sorry that Myrtle Beach, AKA New Jersey South, has changed so much since you've been in Cali. Hope you escaped California with wallet intact.

Jan 12, 2019, 3:43 PM

Thanks, Kudzu. The good thing about those inflated California dollars. It doesn't cost anything more to save them, and those dollars spend the same back here in South Carolina.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic