Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another definition of insanity....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Another definition of insanity....

Jun 28, 2012, 5:40 PM

It seems to me that hoping that the ACC will become a strong football conference while pulling against ACC teams when they play non-conference opponents has to be another definition of insanity. Pulling for ACC teams won't change the outcome but pulling against them makes no sense.

I really don't like some ACC schools but if their wins will help Clemson, I'm pulling for them.

http://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=10697

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just curious... do people do that?

Jun 28, 2012, 5:48 PM

I've never pulled for non-ACC teams versus ACC teams... no point in that.

The same argument could be applied to inter-conference games though... By pulling for Clemson to beat their opponents, we're saying FSU and VT need to lose one or a couple games. Which in turn causes FSU and VT to "not be the powerhouses they used to be"

It seems from the "experts" that the only way for the ACC to get respect (although I disagree) is for VT, FSU, and Miami to be on top.

sux.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just curious... do people do that?

Jun 28, 2012, 6:15 PM

If you read Tignet regularly, you will see it. In fact, one of the better known bloggers on T-net has stated several times that he never pulls for ACC teams.

I have a slightly different view. Look to the SEC. They will typically have several teams that are in or near top 5 and several more that are that are top 25. If the ACC were regularly doing that, with or without Clemson, they would be viewed as a football conference.

In intra-conference play someone has to lose. When it's Wake or Duke beating teams like Clemson or VT, that may make sports news but it's not good for the ACC as a football brand.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not that black and white

Jun 28, 2012, 6:41 PM

Say there's a group of middle schools in the 1990's and Pokemon is the ####. There's a group of kids who a few of them are really good players. They form a club and the really good ones start telling everyone how great their pokemon club is and all of the sudden the club's the coolest thing in school

another club forms and wants to compete at the same level (with a few players just as good as the others leading the way). But at this point the whole school is stuck on how good the original club is and their exclusive and claim to be better. The other club never gets respect. Why? Because they simply aren't the other club.

Sorry for the lame/nostalgic example LOL

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, the SEC was the first conference evah.***

Jun 28, 2012, 7:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Just curious... do people do that?

Jun 28, 2012, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Just curious... do people do that? ]

Yea, I generally pull against the ACC. Here is why...

UNC, Duke- Snobby, pretentious, wine and cheese eaters.
GT-Personal reasons and the fact that I don't like Paul Johnson's smug face.
Maryland-Their fans are freaking terrible. I hope they endure the pain of winless seasons for the rest of eternity.

Other than those guys, I guess I pull for the other ACC teams when I feel it will benefit Clemson. The teams listed above in the ACC I refuse to pull for.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it would be a toss up which team i'd pull for to loose if

Jun 28, 2012, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Just curious... do people do that? ]

the gooblers faced off against the tarnished domers.

any other team and i'm pulling against frankie beamer's rabble.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would pull for USuCk against ND, USCw and OhiO State.

Jun 28, 2012, 7:01 PM

Probably Michigan too. May they never play either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's football ######. i have 1 team i love and a lot of

Jun 28, 2012, 7:09 PM

others i love to hate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, pulling makes no difference...

Jun 28, 2012, 6:55 PM

therefore I shall negate your pull for ACC teams with my pull against them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another definition of insanity....

Jun 28, 2012, 7:07 PM

well said!! I have been preaching this very thing for years but still guys on here holler me down!! U are correct but that does not matter to the guys on here who refuse to think what they are doing!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic