Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just Wait
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,794

Just Wait

Mar 16, 2019, 5:47 AM

At some point in time our football team will go 9-3 or 8-4 a few years and the critics on this board will start complaining. You will hear such BS as "the game has passed him by" etc. IT WILL HAPPEN ! We will not ALWAYS go to the playoffs. These are the same idiots that want Coac Brownell's hide now though for the most part we have NO tradition in basketball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just Wait

Mar 16, 2019, 6:04 AM

We may not have "No Tradition" in basketball, but there is no reason that we can't field a team that can finish a game on the winning side of the coin instead of the losing end. Win a few of those close games, and who knows maybe you start building a tradition.
If FSU can play Duke for the ACC title, there should be no reason we can't do likewise.
After all the last time I checked, I don't recall FSU having much more of a tradition in hoops than we do.
So call me an idiot!

Mar 16, 2019, 6:21 AM

These 2 coots are hot up in the?

Mar 16, 2019, 6:25 AM

Wofford beat the cooters by 20 pts.

Mar 16, 2019, 6:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Just Wait ]

Don't call me a coot.You know nothing about me!

Mar 16, 2019, 6:40 AM

Stupid post is stupid

Mar 16, 2019, 6:40 AM

So your logic is that Clemson ...since it has no great hoops tradition shouldn't expect better results , because the past dictates it ? That no average coach ( and BB has certainly only been an average coach thus far ) should be called out for poor results from the fans ?

How long do you let a dog chew on your ankle before you holler at the dog ?
Clemson can have good basketball , we just need the right push from the admin , a coach with a killer instinct on the recruiting trail as well as in the gym ... and a fanbase that is vocal and shows up no matter what .
Right now we really don't have any of the 3 , in my opinion .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Until college hoops gets cleaned up

Mar 16, 2019, 7:06 AM

I'm not going to get too excited about any aspect of the program. A shock treatment is needed...but I'm not holding my breath that will happen. And if officiating and rules' application can't be squared away, the game isn't going to improve either. It's a sport simply not worth getting wrapped around the axle over. The game doesn't belong to the players presently.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Until college hoops gets cleaned up

Mar 16, 2019, 7:32 AM

100 on that last statement Salty !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 16, 2019, 7:29 AM

Why do we have to accept mediocrity?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Mar 16, 2019, 8:08 AM

Are you 5?

I want BB back at Clemson next year

Mar 16, 2019, 8:14 AM

I'm not really happy with him, but he is pretty good and if he can get over the hump and recruit better he is a good enough coach for us to win. Anyone else will just use us as a stepping stone if we start to win. Even Cliff Ellis dumped us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I want BB back at Clemson next year

Mar 16, 2019, 11:19 AM

He can’t recruit better it was OK to miss on Zion, but missing on just Josiah James from Charleston was an even bigger disappointment because we had already established ourselves for a year. now Christian Brown a former teammate of Clyde trapp commits to Georgia????? Brad Brownell cannot and will never be able to recruit he doesn’t have a good personality for it

Mar 16, 2019, 8:18 AM

I find it ironic to have the OP call some of us "idiots", when we actually use logic to make decisions. This is sad to watch how the human race can disappoint sometimes.

That said - I'm enjoying our run in football, but will not complain when we start losing some games (unless we run a fake FG like Bama did, or a fake punt like UGA did). I fully expect to lose some games in the future, but I also expect those winners will have to earn those victories.

In fact, Mond at QB for TAMU gives me concern if our secondary is not better, or our DLine can't get to Mond quickly enough. That kid is good, so we will need a good game to beat them. Can't wait.

Mar 16, 2019, 9:39 AM

All I expect is a basketball program that can make the torny at least once every 3yrs I don’t think I’m asking to much. Yes we will one day go 8-4 in football. But Dabo has proved himself and can afford a 8-4 season and would bounce back

Mar 16, 2019, 12:37 PM

Name calling is just weak. I am glad there is serious discussion here today. I like the sound of Shock Treatment.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,794
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic