Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jordan Burch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Jordan Burch

Sep 17, 2019, 12:15 PM

According to 247 it seems the thought is that the GameChickens are out of the race at this point. Officials are expected to be to Clemson, UGA, and Alabama so it’s looking good for Clemson. I’m not putting words in Burch’s mouth just sharing the info that was posted from a UofSC insider.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jordan Burch

Sep 17, 2019, 12:17 PM

SCar was always going to have to have a season where they played out of their minds and exceeded expectations if they had any chance at him.

They pretty much sealed that not being the case in game #1.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2019, 12:28 PM

Their game this weekend will determine how bad of a season they will have. If they lose, that will be 2 games they lost that they expected to win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

uof5c "expecting" to beat Missouri...

Sep 17, 2019, 1:18 PM

particularly considering they are a double digit underdog, may be a case of self-mythomania.

Of course, in order to maintain some level of sanity, the Capons have been lying to themselves for over a century.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 17, 2019, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch ]

I agree , I have never considered them a threat in his recruitment . He lives there but beyond that his aspirations are to play at a school where he'll recieve a good education , play for championships and grow as a human being in a positive environment .
Look at those three things and tell me which he would be able to count on if he were a Gamekook ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 17, 2019, 12:41 PM

Most of us living in reality had already concluded USCe was out of the race.

If his interest in UGA and Alabama is legit and Clemson has real competition in this recruitment, so be it.

To those who say "We don't need him", this may be true. But if he turns out to be another Joey Bosa, I want him badly.

Sep 17, 2019, 3:18 PM

I want him badly

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2019, 8:08 PM

Easy big guy , this is not that kind of website ;)

DB23

Sep 18, 2019, 8:19 AM

Yeah. I probably would have worded that differently.

Sep 17, 2019, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch ]

He's a freak of nature and a homegrown SC talent... big time want.

Sep 17, 2019, 12:57 PM

I bet Georgia.

Sep 17, 2019, 1:15 PM

I would be thrilled to get Burch. We can compete with ga and bamer in recruiting. Maybe he is smart to wait till last minute to commit if he likes the process and attention. Why not us, when he can spend 3 years here and go in the first round.

Sep 17, 2019, 1:15 PM

According to his mom, he's not taking an official visit to Uof5C, so that would kind of seem to indicate he knows what they are about. Which, of course, is losing.

For some reason I can't make myself believe that the Coots

Sep 17, 2019, 4:55 PM

are out of the running. I know he lives nearby but he has been there too many times and seems to show up when they think he will show up. That does not seem to be the case for us. I hope I am wrong.

Re: For some reason I can't make myself believe that the Coots

Sep 17, 2019, 5:03 PM

If you think for a minute, it makes total sense for him to do this.

Re: For some reason I can't make myself believe that the Coots

Sep 17, 2019, 8:10 PM [ in reply to For some reason I can't make myself believe that the Coots ]

Would you say we are cycling out of his recruitment , Todd ?

DB23

Sep 17, 2019, 5:35 PM

Who knows who he will end up choosing. All I can say is thatClemson would be great place for him to go to school and develop as a player under the best DC in the country.

IMO, he will wait until the end even if he knows now or not. He knows Dabo's rule that once a player commits, the process is over.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would love to get him but GA scares me more than Alabama.

Sep 17, 2019, 5:53 PM

Once GA wants someone they go “all out,” if you know what I mean. Hope his character is above that. The two things we have going for us are we are closest to his home, and, being coached by VENERABLES.

UGA wanted Murphy, in fact they considered him a lock

Sep 17, 2019, 6:17 PM

It seems Burch has gotten Mom's to go along with him not being so close to home. We always heard she wanted him close,not that she was a Gamecock.

Longer he waits, the more it looks like he could be coming to Clemson and just wants to wait until he's ready to leave town before announcing. Of course that's just an opinion.

Re: UGA wanted Murphy, in fact they considered him a lock

Sep 17, 2019, 7:58 PM

MRTTMT said:

It seems Burch has gotten Mom's to go along with him not being so close to home. We always heard she wanted him close,not that she was a Gamecock.

Longer he waits, the more it looks like he could be coming to Clemson and just wants to wait until he's ready to leave town before announcing. Of course that's just an opinion.

Just imagine the vitriol he would have to endure day after day if he spurned them. XT was from Florence, went far away to IMG Academy and the coots gave him hell on social media because he had no desire to be in their number. Burch will not be able to escape them at all. He’ll have to deal with them physically in his face acting as though he owes them his commitment.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA wanted Murphy, in fact they considered him a lock

Sep 17, 2019, 9:39 PM [ in reply to UGA wanted Murphy, in fact they considered him a lock ]

Yeah that 2.5 hr drive from Cola to Clemson is like crossing the Mojave on a 3-wheeled skateboard .

DB23

If you think it’s bad now, just wait until they lose another 5-6 games.

Sep 17, 2019, 7:07 PM

??

Re: I hope

Sep 17, 2019, 7:30 PM

Burch wants to be part of what could be one of the best CFB Ds ever.

Sep 17, 2019, 7:47 PM

After Breese and Myles Murphy committed there was much speculation Burch would not see Clemson as needing a third edge rusher. But with the new look defense, Venables has demonstrated there’s no such thing as having too much speed. He may be taking an even bigger interest in us anticipating the opportunity to blitz often and from any angle.

Sep 17, 2019, 9:43 PM

The D-line is a rotation. Bresee will play both DE and DT. There will be more than enough snaps for all 3 guys on the outside.

I have heard that things went VERY well for

Sep 17, 2019, 8:12 PM

ALL our big-time recruits present at the A&M game. I also heard some very good news that I can't repeat here, but things are looking even better every day for this amazing class.

Don't a tease LOL

Sep 17, 2019, 8:14 PM

I understand, don't mean we like it LOL

I'm not teasing. Go back and look what I said about

Sep 17, 2019, 8:20 PM

recruiting in May.

the 5-star trifecta

Sep 17, 2019, 9:16 PM

shhhhhhush LOL

Re: I have heard that things went VERY well for

Sep 18, 2019, 9:14 AM [ in reply to I have heard that things went VERY well for ]

Burch didn't attend the A&M game though?

Re: I have heard that things went VERY well for

Sep 18, 2019, 2:08 PM

Gilbert did.

Sep 17, 2019, 10:00 PM

Well the kids not stupid. I wouldn’t want to play for 2 different coaches in 3 years either.

He will be in Athens this weekend for a visit...

Sep 18, 2019, 3:49 PM

Not many people will be there...or so I have heard.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic