Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jordan Burch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Jordan Burch

Jun 5, 2019, 7:48 PM

So, if Jordan Burch is now the top recruit in the cycle ...
and if he chooses Clemson.

If we count DJ and Bresee were also #1s this cycle, will that count as 3 #1s? Do we get extra points for that?

Asking for a friend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: Jordan Burch

Jun 5, 2019, 7:54 PM

We win a giant pat on the back and hearing U5C continue to complain we cheat.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2019, 8:00 PM

Has he announced a commitment date?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2019, 8:01 PM

No

Jun 6, 2019, 3:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch ]

Has he announced a commitment date?

He has. On his mother's birthday. The same one that wants him at Carolina.

No he hasn’t

Jun 6, 2019, 7:53 AM

No commit date is announced unless you have something to prove the garbage you’re spewing

Re: No he hasn’t

Jun 6, 2019, 8:16 AM

Gellibean has been reading too much cockytalk....that's what they're saying over there. They're also insinuating that he's already a silent.

Re: No he hasn’t

Jun 6, 2019, 8:21 AM [ in reply to No he hasn’t ]

I'm not a member of CT nor do I frequent that circle jerking site. It's full of sunshine pumpers and I'm not one of those. It was one of the very first collegiate boards I ever visited years ago and I discovered very quickly I was not going to fit in there. So I left and never went back.

Jun 5, 2019, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch ]

I sincerely hope I'm wrong but he has a lot of coot fans in his life that are pushing him to be a coot and he may end up at that cesspool. I really hope he makes the right decision and chooses Clemson and not waste his collegiate career at Coot U.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure our coaching staff can point to multiple examples

Jun 5, 2019, 8:20 PM

as cautionary tales of other big-time recruits who loved Clemson but went elsewhere. When their college careers were over they often had no championship experiences to show for it.

Columbia has a lot, well some ... at least one thing to offer - playing time immediately for one. It's very close to home and UofSuck did put Clowney into the NFL a few years ago, so ... it can be done. (Though that was pre-Chump years.)

He won't play right away in Tigertown, but he'll play with better players who will mentor him. He'll battle OTs every day in practice at a completely different level who will challenge him. He'll get next-level coaching that will teach him.

He'll get to experience state championships, conference championships and ... god-willing and the creek don't rise ... bowl and national championships.

There's really no comparison and I think we all know that. But ... that may not be what he's basing his decision on. If it's home-cooked meals and playing in his home-town where his friends can still hang around him ... then maybe he stays home. I can see how that might be a strong pull. That would be a short-sighted decision, but it could happen.

If I'm his mama or dad, I WANT him to get out of town, find new friends, have new experiences. If I want him to succeed and get to the NFL, I want him to learn how to win and be a part of that culture. The Raiders have yelled it from the mountain top that CLEMSON CULTURE is a draft-able commodity.

But not all parents are able to encourage new experiences away from home as a positive thing.

Time will tell.

Of course, I want all of our targets to make "the right decision" and most will. But if nothing else, our staff has proven that having Clemson men - those who dedicate themselves to the program - are sufficient for us. If Mr. Burch chooses to go elsewhere, we should wish him well and all success in life ... for he surely won't have it on the football field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hanging out with home town friends? Not great.

Jun 5, 2019, 10:34 PM

He will grow a lot more by moving away from home and getting away from home town friends. I hope he realizes that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the Zion Williamson decision all over again ...

Jun 5, 2019, 11:48 PM [ in reply to I'm sure our coaching staff can point to multiple examples ]

This time in football. Mr. Williamson made the right decision for his professional career and marketability. Will Mr. Burch? Let's hope so as it's a win-win. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sure our coaching staff can point to multiple examples

Jun 6, 2019, 12:13 PM [ in reply to I'm sure our coaching staff can point to multiple examples ]

Why wouldn't he play right away? Maybe he wouldn't start right away, but we were very deep on the DL last year, and Thomas still played quite a bit during his 1st year this past season.

Jun 6, 2019, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch ]

The Coots can’t even beat Virginia. Completely shut out by them. Why in the world would he want to go there!?!?

Jun 5, 2019, 8:16 PM

Burch has a choice...go to the chickens, get worked to death, maybe go to a low tier bowl every year or two, never win championships, possibly get injured due to the over work, miss out on future pros. Flip burgers or drive a truck for a living until retirement.

Or come to the Tigers, get quality snaps, without being overworked. Get championships (plural because you get several each year, including the natty). Get championship rings. Get the proper training and attitude to go to the pros. Get big paychecks and sit comfortable after football.

No matter how good your friends are or how much your mother pleads, the choice is obvious. Maybe someone should show this to his mom!?!?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2019, 10:19 PM

Don't be "That guy" Sc would make plenty of sense. immediate playing time lots of opportunities to be successful. Close to home close to family. I would LOVE to have him at Clemson, but don't be the fan base that thinks any kid who doesn't come here made the wrong decision or was afraid of competing etc. Everyone has different values important TO THEM.

I'm pretty sure I'm "that guy"

Jun 5, 2019, 10:47 PM

I know your comment wasn't directly concerning my post, but I felt like responding and maybe I can speak a little on behalf of my colleague above in the event he doesn't return to this thread.

I'm a Clemson homer.

I think between the two schools, Clemson offers the most potential and opportunity. That is my opinion.

I never said he was AFRAID of competing. I said that at Clemson he would face greater competition daily. I don't think that is a "homer" statement either, I think that is pretty widely accepted.

Sure - there are good reasons to go to other places - all things being equal. But let's be honest with ourselves ... they ain't.

Furthermore, I admit, he may have other priorities that inform his choice. I don't know what they are, but if they include the current quality of the program, then that must favor the Tigers. If a recruit wants to be a part of building a program up and feels like he can be a part of that, then the program in Columbia offers more opportunity. Hey -- that's the same game we were selling 6 years ago. "Clemson Is Coming!" It can be a great motivator if the pitch is good. And you know that CDS could deliver a pitch.

So I own it, I'm that guy. I honestly believe that we're the right choice. But I'll grant that we may not be the right choice for every kid. That's fair.

(everyone is allowed to make a mistake)

(sorry. #### it. I couldn't help myself. I'm definitely 'that guy')

Re: I'm pretty sure I'm "that guy"

Jun 5, 2019, 11:18 PM

I agree with everything he said. I am also that guy. And there is no doubt in my mind that if he goes to Clemson, he will be better prepared to go the the NFL than if he goes to the chickens. I also never said anything about being afraid of the competition...who brought that up, anyhow? I will think he made the wrong decision if he goes to the chickens because they do not have a deep talent pool like the Tigers. This means he will play more downs, which will make his body slow to respond, which can greatly increase the possibility of a career ending injury. And before you say that is ridiculous, think about it, common sense if possible...If you got a guy on the defensive line that plays 80 snaps a game with one team, and the same guy would play 50 snaps a game on another team...which one is more likely to get injured? OBVIOUSLY the more you are on the field, the higher the chance of injury, without even taking into consideration the fatigue!! So if going to the chickens is more likely to result in a possible career ending injury, which school would you choose?

He could have better stats if he went to the chickens, because they do not have as many stars. Even though it may wear him out. But how many stars were on Clemson's DL last year? Lawrence, Wilkins, Ferrell, Bryant, Thomas, Henry, Mascoll, Foster, Jeffries, Kelly, Pinckney, Williams, Rudolph, Register... all of which are as good or better than anything the chickens have on their DL...yet, it seems there were some high draft picks by the Tiger DL in the last draft...which means that the fewer snaps did not hurt their draft status! And right now, Burch is rated as high as any of those players...so yes, he should come to Clemson to get ready for the NFL!

Jun 5, 2019, 11:25 PM [ in reply to I'm pretty sure I'm "that guy" ]

And to further illustrate the point...Xavier Thomas was the third ranked player overall last year. We had the best DL in all of college football last year....Yet, as a true freshman last year, Thomas played in every game. He was too good to redshirt. And he already has the NFL drooling. So, if you are good, like maybe Burch being the number one recruit overall...what makes you think he would not start or play his freshman year? We are not being Homers...we are being logical!

Okay

Jun 5, 2019, 11:45 PM

you convinced me. ;)

Re: Okay

Jun 6, 2019, 12:16 AM

I can't believe I left Huggy bear off the list!!! Please forgive me, Huggins. He was one of our better players last year.

Jun 6, 2019, 12:18 AM [ in reply to I'm pretty sure I'm "that guy" ]

By comparison, while we have not had super success for our guys at the next level, I bet if you ask Zac Bailey to be honest, he wishes he had made a much different decision when he chose the chickens. He could have played in good Bowls, playoffs and maybe been a decent draft pick. Instead he ended up injured in what was literally a meaningless game and saw his NFL career in jeopardy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only "that guy" sometimes but this is one

Jun 6, 2019, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch ]

When kids make choices you always hope that they are for good reasons. If they are considering between Clemson and we'll say Auburn, and they choose Auburn then I may question the decision but go your route and say they could have had good reasons. I can even accept it in a case like Zaach Pickens where I don't think Clemson was really in the mix. I am not trying to say that we would not have liked to have been. I just don't think he ever really considered us. However, when a kid weighs the Pros and Cons of Clemson vs USuC and chooses the latter, he needs to be put in concussion protocol because he has taken one too many hits to the head.

Jun 5, 2019, 11:59 PM

It will be hilarious if Muschamp somehow screws up this recruitment. Everything is in his favor. It is telling that he hasn’t committed yet may be waiting to see how the season goes and that is no good for the chickens

Jun 6, 2019, 10:22 AM

That not out of the possibilities. lets see how those top recruits feel after Muschrat ends up 5-7 or 4-8 this season. There's even a good possibility that they end up 3-9. Clemson, Bama, TAMU, Kentucky, Missouri, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and even North Carolina could end up beating them. I see no less than 5 losses and as many as 9 in that group. It's going to be a long season for them ole Gamecocks. As it should be.

Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic