Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jeff Scott
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Jeff Scott

Dec 6, 2018, 1:20 PM

Rumor on twitter that FSU is possibly interested in Scott for O/C position there. Been any rumblings of this around here or anyone heard anything?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol***

Dec 6, 2018, 1:21 PM

Re: Jeff Scott

Dec 6, 2018, 1:22 PM

I read that too!

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Jeff-Scott-1862596?tstart=0

Dec 6, 2018, 1:25 PM

People on FSU side said Willie has interest in Scott that’s about all I’ve heard.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It looks like we are losing all 3 coordinators

Dec 6, 2018, 1:27 PM

again

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It looks like we are losing all 3 coordinators

Dec 6, 2018, 1:56 PM

It's weird how we lose them about this time every year then when Spring practice starts there they are!

Dec 6, 2018, 1:28 PM

I can promise you one thing. That is, neither OC is leaving for a lateral move especially in the ACC and especially when they make over 800k in their current situation which by the way they're an alum of. If either left it'd be for a head coach position. Then again you have to realize not every assistant coach looks to leave. When you have a pretty darn good job with pretty darn good security why would you leave for a position at a school that is in an upheaval? Like BV has said numerous times, why would I leave when I make great money at a place I love to coach and live to go to a place that has just fired everybody? Sometimes people understand when they have a good thing going. There is a reason BV has stayed even though he could have probably went to any number of big time schools and I'd guess that reasoning is shared by most if not all on the coaching staff at Clemson

I could live in Clemson on 800k a year

Dec 6, 2018, 1:29 PM

could probably live on half that much!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd be perfectly happy with half of half.. 200k to be in

Dec 6, 2018, 2:22 PM

Clemson? Are you kidding me? That'd be the life....

Dec 6, 2018, 1:30 PM

It maybe time for a boost in his pay, for him and Tony, and I don't understand Tony making more than Jeff anyway, and that could cause Jeff to start looking around, and I hope that never happens. He is as good as we've ever had with our WR, and he is one of the top recruiters for us!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 1:36 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard Chesterfield High was in secret discussions with

Dec 6, 2018, 1:50 PM

Jeff. It hasn't been confirmed yet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1) would be silly to consider such a train-wreck situation

Dec 6, 2018, 1:53 PM

2)he will have HC offers otherwise Clemson OC co or not is the best job out there
3)Taggert would be an absolute idiot if he thinks bringing in a guy who probably has a lot of connections to BOT etc from Brad's days there is a good move. Would only be a matter of time before he stumbles again and would make it the easy opportunity for BOT to oust Taggert and elevate Jeff first as an interim and then perm head coach(potentially good for FSU longterm; terrible idea for Taggert's career to even consider this route)

Re: 1) would be silly to consider such a train-wreck situation

Dec 6, 2018, 2:05 PM

I live right in the middle of FSU country and work with many FSU grads and from what they've been saying is Taggert's buyout is too high to get rid of him. They're going to have to give him at least 2 more years before that will happen. Many of the FSU Alumni are really upset that the president gave him such a lucrative contract without any real evidence that he can take a bigtime program near the top.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a chance.

Dec 6, 2018, 1:59 PM

I believe he would rather be co-OC at Clemson than OC at FSU (or anywhere else). Heck, I'm not convinced he would leave his co-OC job at Clemson to be head coach at many other places. Why? Because I believe Elliott will leave within the next year or two (if not this offseason) to be head coach somewhere. Jeff will be promoted to OC. He will have a chance to shine in that role, and also to continue to be groomed as Dabo's replacement when Dabo retires from Clemson.

Just my $.02.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Tell 'em u5c coot

Dec 6, 2018, 2:02 PM

LOL

Dec 6, 2018, 4:07 PM

I doubt he leaves, but if so, we should bring in scum bag Bobby Patrino.

Re: Jeff Scott...Won't Be Dabo's....

Dec 6, 2018, 4:58 PM

replacement. Dabo will coach another 15 years. Christian Wilkins will replace Dabo one day...book it...I hope.

Dec 6, 2018, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott ]

Hunter Renfrow will be Dabo’s replacement one day.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic