Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jeff Scott
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 3,943

Jeff Scott

Feb 22, 2018, 12:21 PM

I hope the "future #WRU member" he was talking about in his tweet is Frank Ladson. He just jumped from 42 to 15 in the 247 composite and is now a 5 star.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link******

Feb 22, 2018, 12:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Link******

Feb 22, 2018, 12:44 PM

https://twitter.com/coach_jeffscott/status/965777940846907392
https://247sports.com/Player/Frank-Ladson-46036916

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2018, 1:57 PM

Thanks
Great news. I assume it means we have silent commit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2018, 5:36 PM

Ladson also liked it if I remember correctly.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2018, 12:10 AM

And retweeted it

Re: Jeff Scott

Feb 22, 2018, 12:46 PM

Honestly that's getting to be a natural function of being a Clemson priority target at WR.

Clemson's coaches - in particular Jeff Scott - have just an insane track record of evaluating and developing future NFL wideouts, so if Clemson is all over a kid early it stands to reason that Scott and Dabo are the industry standard there and that kid is going to see a proportionate recruiting spike.

Nobody in America remotely comes close to Clemson's recent track record with WR's, so you're getting where that perception comes from, but it also just tells you the recruitniks are just now just pretty much taking Clemson WR recruiting as gospel.

Which I suppose does happen when you hit as many out of the park as Clemson has over the last decade. But you see similar ratings bumps happen to, say, LB's that Bama offers.

Feb 22, 2018, 2:31 PM

I think you're spot on with the rankings and how they change them. It's pretty often you'll see a 3-star kid with mid P5 offers (UNC, GT, etc.) and then they get an offer from UGA and Clemson and they jump up to a high 4*, few more big offers come in and they're closing to cracking the 5*s.

A lot of people joke around about the "SEC star," for when a commit goes to an SEC school and automatically jumps in the rankings.

Although, I would say as a recruiting service it's not a bad tactic, I mean of anyone that should know talent on the football field I would think the coaches would.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2018, 2:28 PM

I watched his highlights the other day and he seems to have the size, speed, and ball skills that's prototypical for the 9-man. He would definitely fit well in our offense.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Feb 23, 2018, 2:16 AM

Sure hope that Scott is referring to Ladson as a silent commit, however he is deep in Miami. We’ve done it before though. Would not be shocked if we’ve planted our feet back in Tennessee and picked up Wilhoite due to past success there. Ramen Keyton is also another guy we may have picked up.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 3,943
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic