Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jax Jaguars fire Marion Hobby
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Jax Jaguars fire Marion Hobby

Dec 31, 2018, 11:16 PM

??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jax Jaguars fire Marion Hobby

Dec 31, 2018, 11:18 PM

Really. Why'd he ever leave us?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 31, 2018, 11:21 PM

Come on back to tiger town coach Hobby!

GET HIM BACK! GET HIM BACK!***

Jan 1, 2019, 11:40 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2018, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Jax Jaguars fire Marion Hobby ]

The Jacksonville Jaguars fired running backs coach Tyrone Wheatley and three more assistants Monday night, according to a person familiar with the situation. The person spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity and said offensive line coach Pat Flaherty, secondary coach Perry Fewell and defensive line coach Marion Hobby also were let go one day after the season finale.

Dec 31, 2018, 11:37 PM

When you hear our assisted coaches say that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence, this is Exactly what they are talking about. They are happy and still have a Job, and Hobby just got his A$S fire playing with losers. And he could have been going into the National Championship game with a great team, and waking up in the morning with a great job, at a great school, with a great boss, with some of the best friends, and now look at what he is waking up to now. The grass has turned brown, and it isn't green on the other side of the fence like it is on our side, just ask Hobby, he should be easy to find, he is in that dead brown grass looking back over the fence without a job to be had with amazing people, suck it Hobby!!!!:) :) ;)

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope you are drinking to celebrate the New Year

Dec 31, 2018, 11:43 PM

If not, there is nothing you said there that should ever be said to a member of the tiger family. He coached in the NFL...we may all love Clemson, but it isn’t the professional football league. Many guys get into coaching to reach the NFL. He is a dang good coach and if the opportunity arose, I would love to have him back.

Re: I hope you are drinking to celebrate the New Year

Jan 1, 2019, 7:44 AM

This is par for the course for this moron. He always says idiotic stuff like this.

disagree. I've never seen him say something like that about

Jan 1, 2019, 7:55 PM

A Clemson man

Re: I hope you are drinking to celebrate the New Year

Jan 1, 2019, 11:37 AM [ in reply to I hope you are drinking to celebrate the New Year ]

?? ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hobby was the best DL coach we ever had imo***

Jan 1, 2019, 7:56 PM

Dan Brooks was the best DL coach we had.

Jan 1, 2019, 8:09 PM

He could recruit as well.

Wow. You even edited this poast and it still came out

Dec 31, 2018, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Jax Jaguars fire Marion Hobby ]

like this?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 1:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Jax Jaguars fire Marion Hobby ]

Hobby wanted to be a DC and did a very good job why run him through the grass because he chased his dream get real dude.

Jan 1, 2019, 5:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Jax Jaguars fire Marion Hobby ]

allorangeallthetime52 you made a couple good points about the grass not always being greener on the other side of the fence. Then you lost your credibility with the rest of your post. Guess what?? Sometimes the grass is not only greener on the other side, but much greener. If I am a HC and I am looking to hire a coach , I want that coach to have dreams and I hope he/she even aspires to have my job one day. It shows that person has ambition, great work ethic, goals for their life and is a person looking to be the best at what they do. I want someone who has goals in place to grow personally and professionally. I believe this is what Dabo and his staff tell each person that they recruit and teach each player. A person should always want more out of life , dream big, always trying better themselves and have the courage to follow those dreams and goals.

When that person goes after their dreams and fails it is not Clemson’s philosophy to rub their nose it, delight in their lack of success or say I told you so. Most Clemson people offer encouragement and support.

Dabo may have called Marion Hoppy to express his sorrow over the lose of his job.He may have even offered him a job at Clemson. But he sure did not tell him to “Suck it “ . Or tell him I told you it would not work. Now you are laying in the brown dead grass without a job. That’s what you get for wanting more, for following your dreams. Look at me (Dabo) and the other coaches. We are going to another NC. This not Dabo’s way or his philosophy in life or the culture he has created at Clemson.

What if Dabo had never dreamed BIG for Clemson?? Where would we be today??

I say Great effort Coach Hoppy. Sorry it did not work out. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and we hope for land on your feet soon and in a much better position. Which I am believe he will do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 6:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Jax Jaguars fire Marion Hobby ]

In response to the redneck who opened up on the Jaguars being a trash team and how great Clemson was and how the grass is greener on the other side. For starters Coach Hobby was well aware of the NFL tenure changes. Marion got his teeth in the NFL and did a good job leading one of the greatest defensive lines in the NFL unfortunately there has to be a scapegoat and he fell in it. I do believe that he will move on to a greater position in the NFL orchid come back to the wonderful tigers. But to the ignorant #### that posted that original response grow up and get a life

Jan 1, 2019, 11:51 AM

Completely agree about Hobby more or less being scape-goated.

I'm not a Jags fan, but I do follow football. It seems like the Jags have two basic problems, and even though their defense didn't perform to the level predicted, it's not all on them.

First, the offense needs to upgrade their talent. Fournette is great, but he just can't stay healthy. Hopefully next year will be different. But outside of him, there is no one else.

Westbrook is a perfectly good NFL receiver, but I don't know if he would be the leading receiver on any other NFL team. Moncrief would be a good third or fourth option, but not a second option. They also probably have the least productive TE's of any team in the league.

Who knows how much of that can be blamed on Bortles specifically or on the lack of playmakers, but it's certainly a bit of both.

It seemed like the defense got worn out playing alongside such a dismal offense, and they also appeared to almost throw in the towel in a couple games this year. That's not acceptable by any means, but give them even a decent offense and I think they could be a playoff team again next year. I just don't see them having a decent offense for at least a couple years.

On a related note, remember back when the Panthers were known for great defense and the Jags were known for their offense? Boy have things changed.

Jan 1, 2019, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Jax Jaguars fire Marion Hobby ]

When you hear our assisted coaches say that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence, this is Exactly what they are talking about. They are happy and still have a Job, and Hobby just got his A$S fire playing with losers. And he could have been going into the National Championship game with a great team, and waking up in the morning with a great job, at a great school, with a great boss, with some of the best friends, and now look at what he is waking up to now. The grass has turned brown, and it isn't green on the other side of the fence like it is on our side, just ask Hobby, he should be easy to find, he is in that dead brown grass looking back over the fence without a job to be had with amazing people, suck it Hobby!!!!:) :) ;)

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

You need to chill out the 'F' out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Jax Jaguars fire Marion Hobby ]

Really. Why'd he ever leave us?

Wanted to coach with Marrone again....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2018, 11:28 PM

He's too good not to land on his feet

Dec 31, 2018, 11:33 PM

It would be selfish for me to want him back in Clemson when I know he’s destined for great things.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2018, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Jax Jaguars fire Marion Hobby ]

The Coots seem to think they’ll land him as their next DC.

Dec 31, 2018, 11:36 PM

I doubt he would go down that road. Knowing that if he asked Dabo to come back he would get his job back immediately

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2018, 11:43 PM

I don't think so, that bus road/drove out with him!!!

Dec 31, 2018, 11:56 PM

I think Coach Swinney would bring him back in a minute if there was a need / interest.
Allorangeallthetime52 ou're a great guy and one of my favorite posters on TigerNet but I think you're being way too harsh on Hobby. Happy New Year buddy!

Jan 1, 2019, 12:11 AM

Right now there’s no opening. Hall and Bates aren’t going anywhere anytime soon.

Jan 1, 2019, 1:20 AM

Would love to have Hobby back. Seems Dabo could bring him in immediately as an analyst. Saban does it all the time. Dabo can find a spot for him. It may not be as a coach immediately, but Dabo wouldn’t turn his back on him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Jax Jaguars fire Marion Hobby ]

Just hire him as analyst if he doesn't find a better job elsewhere. Look at all the former coaches that Saban hires as analysts after they get fired.

who would Dabo fire to get him back?***

Jan 1, 2019, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Jax Jaguars fire Marion Hobby ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2017, 10:46 PM

Could he come back to Clemson

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 1, 2019, 3:47 AM

Could he come back to Clemson

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 1, 2019, 10:09 AM

Let him coach the secondary. As a whole haven't been impressed with Conn or Reed. Or special teams.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic