Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey...something Elizabeth Warren and I agree on.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 435

Hey...something Elizabeth Warren and I agree on.

Jul 22, 2019, 9:26 AM

The problem...at least. Heck, I agree with Karl Marx on some very basic things. His solution and theory are about as far out there as Warren's "solutions". Beware of people who can pinpoint a problem but offer BS solutions that sound too good to be true. Those are the ones seeking power. Those who truly seek a solution will propose a solution you will not like.

Like this...

"Most of Warren’s proposals to head off the crisis are policies she has called for recently on the campaign trail such as forgiving over $600 billion in student loan debt, enacting her “Green Manufacturing Plan”, strengthening unions, providing universal child care and raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour."

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/22/elizabeth-warren-economic-crash-1424588

Correct answer is SPEND LESS. CUT SPENDING. THAT INCLUDES ENTITLEMENTS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey...something Elizabeth Warren and I agree on.

Jul 22, 2019, 9:54 AM

Beware of people who can pinpoint a problem but offer BS solutions that sound too good to be true. Those are the ones seeking power.

Completely agree. It's like that one imbecile who proposed we build a wall.

But like you, I agree we are head towards a new financial crisis but doubtful Warren's plan will prevent or solve it. Especially raising minimum wage... that's just going to result in more layoffs when the crisis hits.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Wood***

Jul 22, 2019, 10:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Her solution is to spend more which is nutty.

Jul 22, 2019, 10:18 AM

What we need to do is cap defense spending, Medicare, Medicaid, and raise the age to receive social security.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Argentine flings notwithstanding

Jul 22, 2019, 10:32 AM

There's potentially ONE candidate who would actually run on the issue. He sees the problem for what it is, politics notwithstanding of course. 100% chance he WILL NOT run. Not going to happen. Politicians in Washington who harp on our debt AND propose real solutions, are marginalized. In both parties. Sure, plenty of people harp on the debt as a problem, and propose feel-good vote-buying rhetoric as a "solution". But when you propose something that actually decreases spending, well that's not going to buy you any votes from the mouth-breathers.

It's like would you rather vote for the free cheeseburger and free Netflix candidate, or the "run a mile a day and eat healthy and lots of veggies" candidate? One is running on a platform that is in your best interest, and the other will get the most votes and win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's heading in the right direction but one particular...

Jul 22, 2019, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Her solution is to spend more which is nutty. ]

detail about each should be noted. Why is Europe and the rest of the world not defending itself? Put America first. From my perspective it takes what it takes to talk softly and carry a big stick. No matter how we talk we need to maintain a big stick.

Medicare suffered losses to Obamacare. That's done, America survived. Do the same thing to Medicare and get over it.

If you're going to force people to work longer to draw SS then you've solved any possible need to further cut the insurance which goes with SS retirement. Imo, those cuts are probably significant enough for the time being.

We should began to end the program by slowly hacking down the contributions from younger people. Perhaps a graduated type system which results in those too young to work now being exempt from paying into the system when they enter the workforce.

I can't wait until democrats start talking about cutting gov benefits. I'm gonna be holding my breath from the anxiety.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JIT.

Jul 22, 2019, 12:03 PM

Trump has adopted spending cuts as part of his reelection platform. Considering how well his policies on creating jobs, promoting economic growth and positive outlooks by consumers and business have turned out I suspect his plan to cut spending may be doable.

It's not the end all to end all but if we continue to reelect him he should have us out of debt by the year 3000.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: JIT.

Jul 22, 2019, 1:00 PM

Trump has adopted spending cuts as part of his reelection platform. Considering how well his policies on creating jobs, promoting economic growth and positive outlooks by consumers and business have turned out I suspect his plan to cut spending may be doable.

Why, oh why, do y'all continue to believe everything this man tells you?

https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/budget-deficits-are-only-getting-bigger-under-trump

This man will never, ever look to cut spending because he enjoys spending.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Jul 22, 2019, 1:35 PM

Said what I have to say. I'm not blind, I can see the economic condition this nation is enjoying and the fulfillment of Trump's promises to help labor wages across the board by reducing regulations and promoting growth by reducing taxes. He kept his promise and removed any and allows no doubt that he will reduce spending cuts.

Best for dems to get out of the talk of reducing spending and such after all the dem candidates trying out outbid each other on new freebies to everyone including illegals. I'm stunned you'd even comment on spending reductions knowing that you'll have to vote for one of them.

Best to let pubs have the economic issues and dems can continue loudly shout about their superior moral stance, victimhood and calling the other half of the voters racist.

Jul 22, 2019, 2:52 PM

Trump and most of these Pubs in Congress (or the ones who were there before 2018 to pass Trump's previous spending plans) all promised to cut spending in the past, and all they've done is increase it. In fact, most Pubs have been lying about that long before Trump. So no, we can't trust them on the economy, either.

At least the Dems are honest that they want to spend our faces off.

Re: Hey...something Elizabeth Warren and I agree on.

Jul 22, 2019, 12:41 PM

Both Warren and Sanders seem to be the only candidates aware, or willing to admit that we have major structural issues with our banking system, and campaign finance laws, among others. If you listen to someone like noam Chomski's take on the matter, we are running off the edge of a cliff and can not see far enough in front of us to realize it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 435
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic