Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Puzzling question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Puzzling question

Aug 15, 2019, 10:38 AM

That perhaps a Textile grad can answer. I have noticed that the purple uniforms that the Tigers wear always appears as blue on tv. The purple worn by fans in the stadium does not appear to have this blue tint . Is this because of the fabric used in the unis. I can see the texture of the material affecting a cameras lens but this has always aroused my curiosity. Not a big deal but puzzling never the less

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Puzzling question

Aug 15, 2019, 10:40 AM

I've noticed that too ForestTiger. Interested to see if anyone has the answer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Aug 15, 2019, 10:41 AM

Electrons....that's all I got.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2019, 10:53 AM

During the Duke game last year the purple in the stadium looked blue also, but there were some replays (or maybe it was later in the game) when the uniforms and the purple in the stands looked purple.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2019, 11:11 AM

I also noticed that and that only added to my curiosity. Perhaps it’s the lighting,or camera angle, or something in the atmosphere!!!!! At least, it isn’t my old vision if you youngsters notice it as well.

It was something that ESPN was doing with camera filtering

Aug 15, 2019, 11:26 AM

in that game, because they fixed it sometime around the middle of the third quarter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The wide angle views always appear "blue" to me . . .

Aug 15, 2019, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Puzzling question ]

While the close ups shots favor the purple spectrum . . . It is a minor pet peeve of mine also!!!

Since every other color on the monitor is true . . . I struggle with why ESPN can't correct the issue.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've noticed for yrs that FSU & USuCk uniforms look Hot Pink

Aug 15, 2019, 11:47 AM

on ESPN (not other networks). I they it is color filtering to make the grass look greener which has the unwanted effect of making certain colors not as accurate. Probably what is happening with our purple.

Of course I could do without seeing the Tigers wear purple uniforms ever again but that's just me.

Re: I've noticed for yrs that FSU & USuCk uniforms look Hot Pink

Aug 15, 2019, 12:20 PM

It's not just YOU. I have no use for all purple unis. I like purple jerseys with orange pants though. One of my favorites next to all orange.

Guys, remember the reason we wear purple unis.

Aug 15, 2019, 1:10 PM

It's ONLY on Military Appreciation Day and is synonymous with the Purple Heart. Regardless of how you feel about them aesthetically, remember and honor the reason we wear them.

I have a golfing buddy that "earned" 2 purple hearts in Vietnam. Toughest SOB I know.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Aug 15, 2019, 12:44 PM

The purple is regalia which is a very deep purple/blue located on purple/blue side of spectrum. Depending on light, it can look similar to a royal blue or purple. Search clemson colors and you will find it as well as the correct orange.

Aug 15, 2019, 1:55 PM

As I recall, the official color of Clemson is Northwest Purple. I’m not sure where I read that and it may not be the official color but it’s recorded somewhere. Perhaps in the media guide.

Aug 15, 2019, 2:04 PM

Pretty sure you are correct that the original was North Western Blue but recently it's been called regalia. Don't know if that's just a name change or if the color has actually changed. North Western Blue was a true royal purple. On TV it looks like a blue that almost leans toward dark turquoise, not even navy.

I KNOW THE ANSWER

Aug 15, 2019, 12:56 PM

Its the Oculus guys

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic